+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

ging910

Feb 19, 2014
There are some good news I would like to share with everyone:

After receiving the OWP last Friday, I got SIN and OHIP today!

SIN was easy. I had an old SIN number from before so I just got it renewed with my OWP at Service Canada;

I got OHIP for a year @Service Ontario but wont be eligible until 3mos later, and the lady was saying if I still havent gotten PR one year from now on, I can come back to renew again for one more year... You will need to bring ur passport(for signature use)/OWP(Case27 indicates you have applied for PR)/driving license(with your address on) and showing the article "Canada launches pilot program for spouses waiting for permanent residency" (telling them at the bottom it says "This would also allow the applicants to receive provincial health coverage while awaiting permanent residency.") They probably wont allow u to show them anything on electronics so try to print out and tell them its on CBC.news! Let them know you dont need to have a job offer to get OHIP under the pilot program starting Dec 22nd, 2014... Anyway after her phoning someone, she was happy to take my photo and send me a paper saying I can get OHIP in 3mos :)

Good luck to everybody and hope AIP&DM are coming soon!!!

josuetenista

Oct 8, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V -> CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2013
AOR Received.
12-12-2013
ging910 said:
There are some good news I would like to share with everyone:

After receiving the OWP last Friday, I got SIN and OHIP today!

SIN was easy. I had an old SIN number from before so I just got it renewed with my OWP at Service Canada;

I got OHIP for a year @ Service Ontario but wont be eligible to until 3mos later, and the lady was saying if I still havent gotten PR one year from now on, I can come back to renew again for one more year... You will need to bring ur passport(for signature use)/OWP(Case27 indicates you have applied for PR)/driving license(with your address on) and showing the article "Canada launches pilot program for spouses waiting for permanent residency" (telling them at the bottom it says "This would also allow the applicants to receive provincial health coverage while awaiting permanent residency.") They probably wont allow u to show them anything on electronics so try to print out and tell them its on CBC.news! Let them know you dont need to have a job offer to get OHIP under the pilot program starting Dec 22nd, 2014... Anyway after her phoning someone, she was happy to take my photo and send me a paper saying I can get OHIP in 3mos :)

Good luck to everybody and hope AIP&DM are coming soon!!!
That's really good news. Which service Ontario did you go to?

montorq

Jan 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marlene250 said:
Hy, I'm from Quebec and I've received a letter from CIC requesting for CQS soon after AOR but that was when our file was still in Vegreville.
I think I saw on this forum people who received the letter for obtaining CQS after SA I think, not sure though ...
The thing has changed since Missisauga so, maybe someone who get their CSQ more recently will answer

Anyway, the OWP under pilot program is conditioned by the AOR and implied status and it has no connection with CSQ.

For Quebec it is necessary to obtain CSQ. I gues that the question remains when or at at what point in the processing will be requested.

Sure is that in order to apply for RAMQ one thing that you will need is CSQ
Thanks marlene250!
I am sure the CSQ will be requested at some point in the processing. Let us wait an hear it from other folks who have applied from Quebec, and have obtained the OWP in the Recent Pilot Program.

RRSweet

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
sent with app
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
AIP: August 8, 2014 OWP Received August 15, 2014 Decision Made: Jan. 26, 2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2015
robytheron5506 said:
Any Aug 4 2013 to Aug 8 2013, that did not receive DM please let me know I'm not the only one?
I'm July 29th and no DM yet. Lots of August seem to be gettin DM though.

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
RRSweet said:
I'd really like to see the updated excel stats sheet... but she said she wont update it for a week...

it will be interesting to see if they are not issuing AIPS alone anymore and just issuing aip+DM at the same time

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bankerguy said:
I'd really like to see the updated excel stats sheet... but she said she wont update it for a week...

it will be interesting to see if they are not issuing AIPS alone anymore and just issuing aip+DM at the same time
Similar to what they were doing in early 2014. Remember all those that were getting AIP and DM within a few days of each other?

That proves they know how to do this!

kismetfatum

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
RRSweet said:
Hi RRSweet, I'm July 30 and no DM yet either, but I had to submit criminal record from my home country after AIP. Did you submit all your documents with your application or were you requested anything else? Just wondering when I'll be getting DM and landing interview. Thanks!

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
Ponga said:
Similar to what they were doing in early 2014. Remember all those that were getting AIP and DM within a few days of each other?

That proves they know how to do this!
Yeah I remember reading these forums ... aip+dms were flyin! the date on the CIC website kept updating every week and things were moving so smoothly...then... all of a sudden... it died.

I wonder if case processing agents have quotas..and once they reach their quota in the year, they just coast, and take 7 coffee breaks a day and process only 1 or 2 applications in a 8 hour shift.

gfdvca

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
bankerguy said:
Yeah I remember reading these forums ... aip+dms were flyin! the date on the CIC website kept updating every week and things were moving so smoothly...then... all of a sudden... it died.

I wonder if case processing agents have quotas..and once they reach their quota in the year, they just coast, and take 7 coffee breaks a day and process only 1 or 2 applications in a 8 hour shift.
When did the taps go dry, February? March? I hope they at least get through the 2015 applications before they decide to hibernate.

dassine2013

Feb 21, 2014
Thank you so much ging910 for sharing these good news, you give me hope to get OHIP before delivery, I'm still waiting for my OWP. A question: I don't have a driver licence, which other document can I provide service ontario with as a proof of residency?

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
gfdvca said:
When did the taps go dry, February? March? I hope they at least get through the 2015 applications before they decide to hibernate.
I dont remember, but i'm guessing March?

I agree....but dont hold your breath

RRSweet

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
sent with app
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
AIP: August 8, 2014 OWP Received August 15, 2014 Decision Made: Jan. 26, 2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2015
kismetfatum said:
Hi RRSweet, I'm July 30 and no DM yet either, but I had to submit criminal record from my home country after AIP. Did you submit all your documents with your application or were you requested anything else? Just wondering when I'll be getting DM and landing interview. Thanks!
Hi kismetfatum,

CIC didn't request anything from us... we sent everything with the original application. We received our notes and everything says completed... so it looks like they are just sitting on our file... drives me bonkers!

kismetfatum

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
RRSweet said:
Hi kismetfatum,

CIC didn't request anything from us... we sent everything with the original application. We received our notes and everything says completed... so it looks like they are just sitting on our file... drives me bonkers!
Thanks for the response! Have you tried calling them? I am wondering if the call centre agents would have any info on DM dates etc.