+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

yulialake

Oct 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
September 24 2013 applicant is here. Finally good news for me - got my OWP today. On my way to get a new sin number and ohip. Woohoo!!!

SS.Kingston

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2013
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
Med's Request
13-01-2014 (AIP)
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
17-10-2014 (Decision Made)
Can anyone get through CIC call centre this morning? I've tried to call them since 8am and, apparently they've been experiencing high volume of calls...

LeBon

May 21, 2013
SS.Kingston said:
Can anyone get through CIC call centre this morning? I've tried to call them since 8am and, apparently they've been experiencing high volume of calls...
No I haven't had any success either. I'm just going try a bit later on.

SS.Kingston

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2013
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
Med's Request
13-01-2014 (AIP)
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
17-10-2014 (Decision Made)
Just an update on my case processing time:

I'm a March applicant and received DM on October 17, 2014. The local office assigned for my interview is Ottawa.

So far I've not received any landing interview notifications. I've called CIC in December since the 6-week turnaround time has passed for Ottawa.

Is there anyone on this forum that has waited this long for an interview, especially with Ottawa office?

My_new_username

Oct 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
AOR Received.
22-01-2014
It's nice to see little bit of good news for people who got their OWPs. But little bit frustrating to see people who applied in 2014 getting owps sooner then people who applied in 2013. :(

Audjgal

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2013
AOR Received.
11-10-2013
Med's Done....
20-08-2013
SS.Kingston said:
I called right at 8 am and got through after one minute of waiting. I have to say that the call center agents are pretty lazy though mine was polite. You'd figure its Monday and I'm one of your first callers this morning, you would MAYBE be motivated to work. I asked about my owp which was sent with my application in Sept 2013,whether its been printed and mailed. She told me they would not be processed for 4 months yet. I told her again i had sent mine in in Sept 2013 and applicants from 2014 had already received theirs, No answer. I asked if she could check bc Chris Day had asked all inlanders to call in and check the status. She somehow misheard 'chris day' and thought I said David something and asked me who this person who told me that was, was he an immigration lawyer or consultant. I said no, YOUR BOSS Chris Day. Well. That's the magic words you need to say apparently. She put me on hold to check and told me my OWP was issued and mailed on the 6th and would take about 2 weeks via Canada post. Will check the mailbox today, as I have everyday since the 1st!!!

ALSO , quick question for those that have applied for OHIP with your OWP. Is your OHIP valid immediately or is there a 3 month waiting period? I'm pregnant and my last two ultrasounds were $225 each!!!

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
Audjgal said:
I called right at 8 am and got through after one minute of waiting. I have to say that the call center agents are pretty lazy though mine was polite. You'd figure its Monday and I'm one of your first callers this morning, you would MAYBE be motivated to work. I asked about my owp which was sent with my application in Sept 2013,whether its been printed and mailed. She told me they would not be processed for 4 months yet. I told her again i had sent mine in in Sept 2013 and applicants from 2014 had already received theirs, No answer. I asked if she could check bc Chris Day had asked all inlanders to call in and check the status. She somehow misheard 'chris day' and thought I said David something and asked me who this person who told me that was, was he an immigration lawyer or consultant. I said no, YOUR BOSS Chris Day. Well. That's the magic words you need to say apparently. She put me on hold to check and told me my OWP was issued and mailed on the 6th and would take about 2 weeks via Canada post. Will check the mailbox today, as I have everyday since the 1st!!!

ALSO , quick question for those that have applied for OHIP with your OWP. Is your OHIP valid immediately or is there a 3 month waiting period? I'm pregnant and my last two ultrasounds were $225 each!!!
Wow... that is just incredible... gives you the whole 4 month wait thing..then you complain a bit, mention Chris Day and she comes back with "issued and mailed on the 6th"

that is just unacceptable

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Audjgal said:
I *think* for OHIP, the requirement is you must have an employer listed on the OWP and must have worked a certain amount of hours to qualify (perhaps 3 months?). Hopefully others will confirm if this is true based on their own experience with signing up for OHIP. Service ottawa is pretty strict with proof they will accept for eligbility.

Audjgal

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2013
AOR Received.
11-10-2013
Med's Done....
20-08-2013
rhcohen2014 said:
I *think* for OHIP, the requirement is you must have an employer listed on the OWP and must have worked a certain amount of hours to qualify (perhaps 3 months?). Hopefully others will confirm if this is true based on their own experience with signing up for OHIP. Service ottawa is pretty strict with proof they will accept for eligbility.
I could be wrong but I think I read on the FB group that the OWPs being issued with the Spousal Sponsorships have a case type of 27 printed on them which means theres a Family Class sponsorship in process and you do not need to be employed to apply for OHIP.
But I could be wrong. Can anyone else chime in?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Audjgal said:
I could be wrong but I think I read on the FB group that the OWPs being issued with the Spousal Sponsorships have a case type of 27 printed on them which means theres a Family Class sponsorship in process and you do not need to be employed to apply for OHIP.
But I could be wrong. Can anyone else chime in?
AFAIK, an OWP does not require an employer (or even a job), so a person can hold an OWP and never even land a job. Of course if it's a requirement for OHIP, that trumps everything else.

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
Ponga said:
But...don't you see that there really is no connection between a person that has an expired PGWP, that continued to work because of implied status, and those that are getting OWP under the pilot program being seen as having NOT worked illegally? Chances are that CIC doesn't know that the person continued to work , or they don't even make the connection between the expired PGWP and the new OWP.

Personally, I would still refrain from telling anyone in this situation that it's ok to continue to work before receiving the new OWP, but...that's just me I guess.
I think that at the end of the day, if you've had 4 or 5 agents tell you it's okay..then its okay. Especially when you come on forums looking for advice and the only people saying its not okay are doing so because they are ASSUMING that cic agents DONT know what they're talking about....and there hasnt actually been a PGWP holder getting denied AIP/DM on here...

There are more assumptions made on the part of the people saying "its not okay to work" ..compared to me... i'm saying.. IN MY OPINION its okay to keep working..but i'm just reiterating what cic agents told me... if there was ONE example of someone saying they got denied aip/dm because PGWP are not covered under implied status..then that'll change everything

like i said before... lets see what happens with tdot.. his/her case will put this whole thing to rest.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Ponga said:
AFAIK, an OWP does not require an employer (or even a job), so a person can hold an OWP and never even land a job. Of course if it's a requirement for OHIP, that trumps everything else.
so does that mean "type 27" will let someone sign up for OHIP or do they still have to go through the motions of getting an employer and working a certain amount of time?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bankerguy said:
I think that at the end of the day, if you've had 4 or 5 agents tell you it's okay..then its okay. Especially when you come on forums looking for advice and the only people saying its not okay are doing so because they are ASSUMING that cic agents DONT know what they're talking about....and there hasnt actually been a PGWP holder getting denied AIP/DM on here...

There are more assumptions made on the part of the people saying "its not okay to work" ..compared to me... i'm saying.. IN MY OPINION its okay to keep working..but i'm just reiterating what cic agents told me... if there was ONE example of someone saying they got denied aip/dm because PGWP are not covered under implied status..then that'll change everything

like i said before... lets see what happens with tdot.. his/her case will put this whole thing to rest.
I respectfully disagree. The fact that an OWP was issued, was ONLY because of the pilot program, so it IS possible that CIC didn't make the connection between: Expired PGWP>Person continued to work>OWP issued, but if the OP is ever asked (at landing) if s/he continued to work after the PGWP expired, they would have to say yes, or face possible misrepresentation charges at the landing interview...right?

IMHO, the only thing that will finally end this debate, will be when someone reports [here] that they landed successfully after informing CIC that they had continued to work with expired PGWP while under implied status. Then...I would agree.

TorontoCouple

Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Interview........
15-01-2015
LANDED..........
15-01-2015
DM e-mail Friday, landing interview e-mail today for landing this Friday in Etobicoke!

:D

Good luck everyone, things are finally moving quickly again!!!