+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Sept 11 2013

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
JohnnyP said:
We are in a similar situation. I got the SA but we were asked to send additional proof which we sent on Nov 21st.
And we haven't heard back from CPC until now. I called CIC and the agent told me to wait 6 weeks.
We are Aug 16th applicant.
Thank you guys, for the Answers. @ JohhnP Congrats for OWP @ YATA520 i send my owp together/ my application. Looking forward for next year its gonna be a good year for us who waiting for a long time. Merry Xmas everyone!

Blackdisc

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
crmalone44 said:
Hi Everyone,

Not sure if this will help anyone, but I went to the border last night to try and get my work permit through the new pilot program and I had a wild, but successful experience. I posted this in the FB group but thought I would put it here too as both group have a wonderful source of organic CIC information as my wife and I navigate this process.

So my experiment at the border worked, though, I figure I will tell the whole story because it is quite remarkable. My wife, son, and I crossed over into US. Again I have a visitor record as a US citizen that was obtained at the border, immediately upon the expiration of my closed work permit and record of my inland PR app being "in the system. After actually leaving Canada (which was made explicitly clear by Canadian border agent that leaving must occur as flagpolling is really frowned upon by Canadian border agents. For example, the CBSA agents, said, "go have a cup of coffee, get some gas, whatever, but don't just turn around on the bridge." Anyway. After grabbing dinner in Niagara Falls, NY, getting gas and ten delicious American microbrews (in bottles, I didn't drink them and show up hammered to the border). I go into immigration and the woman was initially quite cold, really wasn't interested in what I had to say, and just wanted from me. 1. Passport 2. Job Offer (which I have). 3. Resume. 4. Proof of Qualifications (i.e copies of my diplomas and transcripts). That was all she asked for. I had filled out a "application to change conditions" but she didn't want it. She took all of it, said little, made NO mention of the pilot program whatsoever, and then 15 minutes later asked me to come up and then sent me to go pay for another work permit (I had my receipt for original one with CIC, but she said, I would have to recover that money from them as they can't do it at the border. Fine, whatever, at this point, I am ready to jump for joy. AND THEN. Because my job is with a school, I needed a medical (which I have, provided proof that I had done it, but for the life of her, she couldn't find it in her database). She and another border agent, tried really hard for an hour to find it, but they couldn't. Ultimately, she told me there is no record, she had no idea why, was really sorry, but I should contact the medical provider I used and CIC to investigate further and in the meantime, get another medical, because once a medical was on record, I would be issued my work permit at the border - though she did say, it often takes 6-8 weeks for medicals to show in the system. I was crushed. So close. I didn't give her any crap at all, was kind because it was quite clear she felt awful for me and knew I wasn't lying about the medical. She then had my paid for work permit refunded, said goodbye, thanked her again and got into my car and left. By the way, another border agent gave my son a teddy bear and played him for a while. It was really nice. Okay. At this point, I am depressed on my drive home, but my wife and I are trying to make the best of it, thinking well, at least we know the medical isn't on record and I can resolve it now as opposed to finding out about it later. Nonetheless, it meant another 2 months without work permit and potentially another 400 hundred for another medical. Anyway. I am getting into bed and my cell phone rings. It reads, "Canadian Border Services" and I am thinking, "are you kidding me?" "Did I leave something there?" I pick up the phone and it is the border agent apologizing for calling so late (it is 11:00 pm) but she wanted to tell me that she had spent the entire time looking for medical and found them, but wanted to call me because she wouldn't be working for a week and figure i would want to know before the holidays. She said to come back tomorrow and I could get my work permit and everything was noted in the file. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I was shocked by her persistence in the matter and her kindness. She said, the problem was that that CIC has had some problems merging two database systems and there were sometimes clitches that left out information. It is an incredible story and I will be going back down the border to get my work permit. She said it would be issued for 3 years through, so I am not sure it is connected to the pilot program, but I will ask when I go back. Nonetheless, it did seem clear I needed a job offer. I did not need an LMIA - which my employer has been trying to get for nearly 6 months now (the TFW is another clustercuss at the moment). Anyway... it restored my faith in Canadian kindness. CIC definitely needs to work out their processes but in the end, people, like this kind woman at the border who called me and made it right, matter. Hope this helps some people, as I do think it is worth a shot for some who are in my situation to try their luck at the border. I would imagine you MUST be in status, It didn't hurt to be American, to be married (have wife with me), EVERY piece of supporting documentations of my life with me, and the kindness and work ethic of a border agent. I am baking the border people at Queenston-Lewiston bridge cookies and bringing them cookies and coffee this afternoon!
Awesome. THANKS FOR SHARING. wish you happy holidays.

3september2013

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2013 re-applied April 17, 2015
AOR Received.
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
May 2014
crmalone44 said:
Hi Everyone,

Not sure if this will help anyone, but I went to the border last night to try and get my work permit through the new pilot program and I had a wild, but successful experience. I posted this in the FB group but thought I would put it here too as both group have a wonderful source of organic CIC information as my wife and I navigate this process.

So my experiment at the border worked, though, I figure I will tell the whole story because it is quite remarkable. My wife, son, and I crossed over into US. Again I have a visitor record as a US citizen that was obtained at the border, immediately upon the expiration of my closed work permit and record of my inland PR app being "in the system. After actually leaving Canada (which was made explicitly clear by Canadian border agent that leaving must occur as flagpolling is really frowned upon by Canadian border agents. For example, the CBSA agents, said, "go have a cup of coffee, get some gas, whatever, but don't just turn around on the bridge." Anyway. After grabbing dinner in Niagara Falls, NY, getting gas and ten delicious American microbrews (in bottles, I didn't drink them and show up hammered to the border). I go into immigration and the woman was initially quite cold, really wasn't interested in what I had to say, and just wanted from me. 1. Passport 2. Job Offer (which I have). 3. Resume. 4. Proof of Qualifications (i.e copies of my diplomas and transcripts). That was all she asked for. I had filled out a "application to change conditions" but she didn't want it. She took all of it, said little, made NO mention of the pilot program whatsoever, and then 15 minutes later asked me to come up and then sent me to go pay for another work permit (I had my receipt for original one with CIC, but she said, I would have to recover that money from them as they can't do it at the border. Fine, whatever, at this point, I am ready to jump for joy. AND THEN. Because my job is with a school, I needed a medical (which I have, provided proof that I had done it, but for the life of her, she couldn't find it in her database). She and another border agent, tried really hard for an hour to find it, but they couldn't. Ultimately, she told me there is no record, she had no idea why, was really sorry, but I should contact the medical provider I used and CIC to investigate further and in the meantime, get another medical, because once a medical was on record, I would be issued my work permit at the border - though she did say, it often takes 6-8 weeks for medicals to show in the system. I was crushed. So close. I didn't give her any crap at all, was kind because it was quite clear she felt awful for me and knew I wasn't lying about the medical. She then had my paid for work permit refunded, said goodbye, thanked her again and got into my car and left. By the way, another border agent gave my son a teddy bear and played him for a while. It was really nice. Okay. At this point, I am depressed on my drive home, but my wife and I are trying to make the best of it, thinking well, at least we know the medical isn't on record and I can resolve it now as opposed to finding out about it later. Nonetheless, it meant another 2 months without work permit and potentially another 400 hundred for another medical. Anyway. I am getting into bed and my cell phone rings. It reads, "Canadian Border Services" and I am thinking, "are you kidding me?" "Did I leave something there?" I pick up the phone and it is the border agent apologizing for calling so late (it is 11:00 pm) but she wanted to tell me that she had spent the entire time looking for medical and found them, but wanted to call me because she wouldn't be working for a week and figure i would want to know before the holidays. She said to come back tomorrow and I could get my work permit and everything was noted in the file. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I was shocked by her persistence in the matter and her kindness. She said, the problem was that that CIC has had some problems merging two database systems and there were sometimes clitches that left out information. It is an incredible story and I will be going back down the border to get my work permit. She said it would be issued for 3 years through, so I am not sure it is connected to the pilot program, but I will ask when I go back. Nonetheless, it did seem clear I needed a job offer. I did not need an LMIA - which my employer has been trying to get for nearly 6 months now (the TFW is another clustercuss at the moment). Anyway... it restored my faith in Canadian kindness. CIC definitely needs to work out their processes but in the end, people, like this kind woman at the border who called me and made it right, matter. Hope this helps some people, as I do think it is worth a shot for some who are in my situation to try their luck at the border. I would imagine you MUST be in status, It didn't hurt to be American, to be married (have wife with me), EVERY piece of supporting documentations of my life with me, and the kindness and work ethic of a border agent. I am baking the border people at Queenston-Lewiston bridge cookies and bringing them cookies and coffee this afternoon!
Thanks for sharing, that's great news. I'm really close to my AIP (hopefully) otherwise I would definitely give it a try!

3september2013

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2013 re-applied April 17, 2015
AOR Received.
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
May 2014
Merry Christmas fellow inlanders !

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
linxord said:
I believe Sponsorship approval aka First stage Approval aka AIP is something you already have. Approval In Principle is necessarily the sponsor being approved. The person being sponsored should get another email as well.

Now the person being sponsored is eligible for OWP. And you guys wait for DM or any additional documents request from CIC :)

In the meantime make sure you enjoy Christmas holidays ;) and appreciate being together with your partner.
Actually, sponsor approval is only half of AIP. The other half, is the assessment of the applicant's relationship with their sponsor.

CIC seems to have changed things a bit, since many people have reported receiving sponsor approval emails, but also asking for additional proof of the relationship from the applicant. This would NOT be AIP.

Previously, CIC would issue SA and AIP almost simultaneously, but now...it's a different process apparently.

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
Sept 11 2013 said:
Thank you guys, for the Answers. @ JohhnP Congrats for OWP @ YATA520 i send my owp together/ my application. Looking forward for next year its gonna be a good year for us who waiting for a long time. Merry Xmas everyone!
My apologies Sept. I was under the wrong impression. Have a merry Christmas :)

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
Ponga said:
Actually, sponsor approval is only half of AIP. The other half, is the assessment of the applicant's relationship with their sponsor.

CIC seems to have changed things a bit, since many people have reported receiving sponsor approval emails, but also asking for additional proof of the relationship from the applicant. This would NOT be AIP.

Previously, CIC would issue SA and AIP almost simultaneously, but now...it's a different process apparently.
Thanks Ponga! And merry Christmas to you!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
linxord said:
Thanks Ponga! And merry Christmas to you!
+1 to you for offering help to others here! Too many people `take', but fail to contribute back.

Merry Christmas to you as well.

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
Ponga said:
+1 to you for offering help to others here! Too many people `take', but fail to contribute back.

Merry Christmas to you as well.
Thanks Ponga :) ill be here even after my landing. This place has given us all help, we must pay it forward.

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
Amazing! Thank you!

So what's the general plan now for those of us who already submitted the OWP application with the PR application?

screech339 said:
Once you have OWP in your hand, then you qualify for OHIP. You won't be eligible for OHIP with AOR as it is addressed to the sponsor, not the applicant.

Screech339

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
Merry Christmas Everyone! Hope Santa brings, AIPs, OWPs, Health care, DMs, Landings, COPRs, and PR Cards!

Brazilian Canadian

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

Anyone from BC who made they Health Card could please advise me on how to get this done?!
I sent by mail an application some months ago, I got no response at all. I'd like to know if I can apply in person (like in a ICBC location I guess),
also how long until you have coverage? Is it right away after approval?

THANK YOU

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!!!

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
Brazilian Canadian said:
Hi guys,

Anyone from BC who made they Health Card could please advise me on how to get this done?!
I sent by mail an application some months ago, I got no response at all. I'd like to know if I can apply in person (like in a ICBC location I guess),

THANK YOU

Call HIBC and ask to send you an application form, or go to the website to download the application form at http://www.health.gov.bc.ca/insurance/msp_register.html#appenroll.

It takes about 2 months to process the application. Once you are registered, HIBC will send you a letter to attend ICBC.
Bring your id and letters to ICBC. If you are eligible for photo card, they will issue a 5 year card.

You can go to ICBC first, but you will have to apply to HIBC separately later.

And yes, there is a waiting period of approximately two months before the coverage begins.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Brazilian Canadian said:
Hi guys,

THANK YOU

Many BC member shared their experience in this thread:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/bc-inlanders-thread-t184207.0.html

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
crmalone44 said:
Hi Everyone,

This is a great victory for your family, but this doesn't show me anything positive about CIC. I've always had great success with anything I tried to get at the Canadian border, the border agents are always very helpful. Yours definitely went the extra mile. Since you qualify for work (have a degree for a job that is on the list of allowed jobs) and have a job offer your circumstance is different from someone who is say... a secretary, and has no job offer.