+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Sept 11 2013

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
ACS said:
I got SA Nov.6, my husband got AIP Nov.17th. And no, they did not request anything additional. No evident reason for the delay between the SA and AIP that we were advised of.
[/quot

ok thank you. Good luck to us

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
civic said:
You can wait until January. People with AOR will automatically get OWP valid for 2 years. This has been re confirmed multiple times by CIC Call Centre.

https://www.change.org/p/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-improve-processing-time-for-inland-spousal-sponsorship-and-grant-open-work-permit-upon-aor/u/8977701?tk=V63DfZy3-2wpi90EZV21bADJMMcdlszWH1dwIjN2bH4&utm_source=petition_update&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=petition_update_email
But how abot thoise who has AOR already.. When arw we getting our OWPs.. :(

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
civic said:
You can wait until January. People with AOR will automatically get OWP valid for 2 years. This has been re confirmed multiple times by CIC Call Centre.

https://www.change.org/p/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-improve-processing-time-for-inland-spousal-sponsorship-and-grant-open-work-permit-upon-aor/u/8977701?tk=V63DfZy3-2wpi90EZV21bADJMMcdlszWH1dwIjN2bH4&utm_source=petition_update&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=petition_update_email
Sorry I just read it. Thanks.

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
So…a few things to report…

1….Has everyone heard about the CBC thing to air on Monday about the Inland process and the backlog/problems it has created?

2….Called CIC this morning, and the agent did confirm this new issuance of OWP with AOR will begin soon. I asked what will happen to the ppl who already got AOR a long time ago and don’t have AIP or have AIP and no OWP yet. He said they are still awaiting clearer instructions from the Ministry of Immigration.

3….The agent I spoke to told me even our OWP is being processed in Mississauga now????!? Is he wrong?? Has anyone else heard about this? As far as I know, all OWPs are still being processed in Vegreville????

4…No news or progress in regards to our OWP or AIP email (again it was confirmed that AIP was issued Nov.17th but no AIP email yet). Our OWP shows in progress pending the application received August 14, 2013……nothing helpful.

Unfortunately it seems we are going to have to cancel my son’s 4th bday party….some bills were bigger than expected, and were auto-withdrawn, therefore we can’t even afford to do his bday party now. Was really expecting my husband to have his job by now…it’s things like this that make you wonder why bother to do things the legal way. How many ppl are working illegally in Canada and living comfortably…… :( I know it could be worse, we still have a place to live, and enough food in the freezer that we don’t need to go to the food bank. But I am heartbroken. I don’t know what to tell my son. :(

Abyssin

Sep 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now in CTD-Mississauga)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Jun 3, 2014
Med's Request
Sent with our App.
Med's Done....
Jan 28, 2014
ACS said:
So...a few things to report...

1....Has everyone heard about the CBC thing to air on Monday about the Inland process and the backlog/problems it has created?

2....Called CIC this morning, and the agent did confirm this new issuance of OWP with AOR will begin soon. I asked what will happen to the ppl who already got AOR a long time ago and don't have AIP or have AIP and no OWP yet. He said they are still awaiting clearer instructions from the Ministry of Immigration.

3....The agent I spoke to told me even our OWP is being processed in Mississauga now????!? Is he wrong?? Has anyone else heard about this? As far as I know, all OWPs are still being processed in Vegreville????

4...No news or progress in regards to our OWP or AIP email (again it was confirmed that AIP was issued Nov.17th but no AIP email yet). Our OWP shows in progress pending the application received August 14, 2013......nothing helpful.

Unfortunately it seems we are going to have to cancel my son's 4th bday party....some bills were bigger than expected, and were auto-withdrawn, therefore we can't even afford to do his bday party now. Was really expecting my husband to have his job by now...it's things like this that make you wonder why bother to do things the legal way. How many ppl are working illegally in Canada and living comfortably...... :( I know it could be worse, we still have a place to live, and enough food in the freezer that we don't need to go to the food bank. But I am heartbroken. I don't know what to tell my son. :(
I hope your husband will receive his OWP soon.

It's so sad for your son ...

Abyssin

Sep 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now in CTD-Mississauga)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Jun 3, 2014
Med's Request
Sent with our App.
Med's Done....
Jan 28, 2014
sophieee said:
I finished updating the spreadsheet. Since October about 80% of the applicants got full AIP and 20% just SA.
Really great job sophieee !!! :D

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
ACS said:

1....Has everyone heard about the CBC thing to air on Monday about the Inland process and the backlog/problems it has created?

2....Called CIC this morning, and the agent did confirm this new issuance of OWP with AOR will begin soon. I asked what will happen to the ppl who already got AOR a long time ago and don't have AIP or have AIP and no OWP yet. He said they are still awaiting clearer instructions from the Ministry of Immigration.

3....The agent I spoke to told me even our OWP is being processed in Mississauga now????!? Is he wrong?? Has anyone else heard about this? As far as I know, all OWPs are still being processed in Vegreville????

4...No news or progress in regards to our OWP or AIP email (again it was confirmed that AIP was issued Nov.17th but no AIP email yet). Our OWP shows in progress pending the application received August 14, 2013......nothing helpful.

Unfortunately it seems we are going to have to cancel my son's 4th bday party....some bills were bigger than expected, and were auto-withdrawn, therefore we can't even afford to do his bday party now. Was really expecting my husband to have his job by now...it's things like this that make you wonder why bother to do things the legal way. How many ppl are working illegally in Canada and living comfortably...... :( I know it could be worse, we still have a place to live, and enough food in the freezer that we don't need to go to the food bank. But I am heartbroken. I don't know what to tell my son. :(
Open Work Permits on AOR: A New Policy Possibly On The Way

Inland Sponsorship
Edmonton, AB
Dec 9, 2014 — Good news to share! Some of the Canadian sponsors and applicants have made phone calls to CIC Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100, to inquire about the granting of Open Work Permit to Inland sponsored spouses on AOR. This is what they were told:

1. An internal email was sent to CIC agents announcing the OWP on AOR program effective December 1, 2014.

2. They received a second email a few days later pulling the bulletin down from the website and telling agents not to inform people about the program yet, as its being delayed until mid-January to early February of 2015 so they can refine the details for it.

3. The way the program will work is such that if you have received your AOR, you will be eligible to receive an OWP (regardless of whether or not you included an OWP application with your PR application)

4. The agent indicated the OWP would have a validity of 2 years

Although the implementation has been re-scheduled to next year, we are hopeful and glad that CIC is listening to our requests to grant Inland sponsored spouses the right to work, followed by provincial universal health care, beginning in the new year. We will continue lobbying the Open Work Permit issue to the Government of Canada until the official announcement is made and the new process is successfully implemented.

You can help by contacting your Member of Parliaments and ask your MP to make sure CIC will follow their scheduled agenda.

Thank you,
Admin Team - Canada Inland Spousal Sponsorship Petitioners
https://www.facebook.com/groups/615312178589951/

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
any idea if the work permit will be similar to a bridging one (type 27)? then one can just use that to obtain OHIP and not need to be employed.

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
ACS said:

for birthday party i don't know how big u wanna make and how much u planing to spend ~ if huge can turn to pot-lock party ( mean ppls can bring what they like to eat and drink then share it ) and make you own cake ( u can see flyer or ask your husband to check IGA/Maxi/SuperC, which one they sell mats are cheaper), if is small party like 6 persons include kid or kids,then ask friend who have cosco member card then go there buy steak ( huge piece ! u can cut 1/2,good enough for 4 adult cost 30~40$ include tax) or buy forzen hamburger steak around 12 ~13$ for 8 piece , pan fry for short while then but in oven then mostly oil will came out if u like potato u can put in together , then cake same depend on you wanna make it or go chinatown to buy cake depend size i think no more then 20$, for kids gift this is hard part maybe need to serach online see how to make surprise gift for kids , sometime kids wanna to show up to other kids so creatity funny something other kids don't have but not too old fashion ...so wish this gonna help you .. Happy birthday to you kid and Merry Xmas and wish have happy new year

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ACS said:

Dont be so upset ! If they delay your full AIP, you will still have a chance for OWP with your AOR in the new year (if the new law gets a final yes, which I believe)

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
yata520 said:
for birthday party i don't know how big u wanna make and how much u planing to spend ~ if huge can turn to pot-lock party ( mean ppls can bring what they like to eat and drink then share it ) and make you own cake ( u can see flyer or ask your husband to check IGA/Maxi/SuperC, which one they sell mats are cheaper), if is small party like 6 persons include kid or kids,then ask friend who have cosco member card then go there buy steak ( huge piece ! u can cut 1/2,good enough for 4 adult cost 30~40$ include tax) or buy forzen hamburger steak around 12 ~13$ for 8 piece , pan fry for short while then but in oven then mostly oil will came out if u like potato u can put in together , then cake same depend on you wanna make it or go chinatown to buy cake depend size i think no more then 20$, for kids gift this is hard part maybe need to serach online see how to make surprise gift for kids , sometime kids wanna to show up to other kids so creatity funny something other kids don't have but not too old fashion ...so wish this gonna help you .. Happy birthday to you kid and Merry Xmas and wish have happy new year
Thank you for your advice. :) +1 I appreciate it. I am pretty good at doing a low budget event. ;) But we currently have a negative balance in our bank account until after my son's birthday has past. Pretty hard to do something for less than $0.....

Merry Xmas & Happy new year to you also!! :) :D

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
civic said:
Dont be so upset ! If they delay your full AIP, you will still have a chance for OWP with your AOR in the new year (if the new law gets a final yes, which I believe)
We already have full AIP. My husband got AIP Nov.17th. Even the call Center agents said it is strange that his OWP hasn't been issued yet. Nothing has been done on it.

You tell your 4 year old they can't have a party this year, and tell me if it upsets you or not. ::) :(

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
nismopinoy said:
Open Work Permits on AOR: A New Policy Possibly On The Way

Inland Sponsorship
Edmonton, AB
Dec 9, 2014 — Good news to share! Some of the Canadian sponsors and applicants have made phone calls to CIC Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100, to inquire about the granting of Open Work Permit to Inland sponsored spouses on AOR. This is what they were told:

1. An internal email was sent to CIC agents announcing the OWP on AOR program effective December 1, 2014.

2. They received a second email a few days later pulling the bulletin down from the website and telling agents not to inform people about the program yet, as its being delayed until mid-January to early February of 2015 so they can refine the details for it.

3. The way the program will work is such that if you have received your AOR, you will be eligible to receive an OWP (regardless of whether or not you included an OWP application with your PR application)

4. The agent indicated the OWP would have a validity of 2 years

Although the implementation has been re-scheduled to next year, we are hopeful and glad that CIC is listening to our requests to grant Inland sponsored spouses the right to work, followed by provincial universal health care, beginning in the new year. We will continue lobbying the Open Work Permit issue to the Government of Canada until the official announcement is made and the new process is successfully implemented.

You can help by contacting your Member of Parliaments and ask your MP to make sure CIC will follow their scheduled agenda.

Thank you,
Admin Team - Canada Inland Spousal Sponsorship Petitioners
https://www.facebook.com/groups/615312178589951/

Omg!! this is great news!!! Anyone who has received AOR can get an OWP for 2 years! that's amazing.

We included the OWP application along with our PR application, i wonder if we'll have to submit a new OWP application in Jan/Feb when this is officially announced.

Also, i never received a physical letter for the AOR, i only have an email ....is that normal?

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
bankerguy said:
Omg!! this is great news!!! Anyone who has received AOR can get an OWP for 2 years! that's amazing.

We included the OWP application along with our PR application, i wonder if we'll have to submit a new OWP application in Jan/Feb when this is officially announced.

Also, i never received a physical letter for the AOR, i only have an email ....is that normal?
Email is generally how they issue the AORs.

We didn't even get the email as the service was down the ONE DAY they happened to send it. lol. And they do not resend AORs.

We only got the verbal confirmation when I called, and the display in eCAS.