Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
lsj2767 said:
I didn't know this part "Inland sponsorship is the last and only group of PR candidates that does not qualify for OWP upon AOR at this moment."
A number of times when someone says they could apply via CEC (Canadian Experience Class) or sponsored spouse/partner, I've suggested doing CEC. For a number of different programs (CEC, FSW/AEO, PNP) in the economic category, someone already working in Canada qualifies for a "Bridging Open Work Permit" (BOWP) four months prior to the expiration of their existing work permit, so long as CPC-S has issued an AOR.

So why wait 15 months when you can get it in 2 under one of these other programs. Plus, CEC processing time is less than Phase 1 Inland...

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
frenchwapiti said:
hello y waiting buddies,
I just want to give you an update on my situation. Although I got my AIP letter, they did not process my OWP, I don't know why. it seems like the officer just forgot......
so I called and they (agents from the call center) have sent an email to request what was happening to my OWP, which should have been issued t the same time. I followed up last week and was told to wait a bit longer. You do understand that I could not wait weeks and weeks, so I called again today.
It is just so discouraging: I was told that the office has 3MONTHS to check the email and answer the request from the call center!!! I feel literally destroyed by this answer!!! I never thought that following my love to his home country and giving up a very good job back home that it would be sooooo difficult to settle down here in Canada. 3 more months, it seems an eternity to me. I feel so sad that I think of retrieving my application and going back to Europe and applying from there . I would have been done twice already!!!!
So go online and apply for a new OWP. Pay the fee again. When that officer gets around to looking at the e-mail (in February!) they'll see you already have a work permit and should refund the fee (so maybe by June you'll get the fee back). Don't wait for CIC, push and move forward.

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
frenchwapiti said:
hello y waiting buddies,
I just want to give you an update on my situation. Although I got my AIP letter, they did not process my OWP, I don't know why. it seems like the officer just forgot......
so I called and they (agents from the call center) have sent an email to request what was happening to my OWP, which should have been issued t the same time. I followed up last week and was told to wait a bit longer. You do understand that I could not wait weeks and weeks, so I called again today.
It is just so discouraging: I was told that the office has 3MONTHS to check the email and answer the request from the call center!!! I feel literally destroyed by this answer!!! I never thought that following my love to his home country and giving up a very good job back home that it would be sooooo difficult to settle down here in Canada. 3 more months, it seems an eternity to me. I feel so sad that I think of retrieving my application and going back to Europe and applying from there . I would have been done twice already!!!!
This really sucks!!!!! How much more do we have to sacrifice for their mess???

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
frenchwapiti said:
hello y waiting buddies,
Sorry to hear Frenchwapiti.

We are in the exact same situation it seems. When I spoke to a really nice agent, she said it's weird that we don't already have the OWP as we should have. She sent an email also. She told me depending how busy they are it could be a few days to a few weeks....

Love how consistent they are. :mad: ??? ::)

I am happy for all the ppl who applied around our time who have their OWPs, but it is so hard to see at the same time....

My son's birthday is a few days away, we have a party planned, and I don't even know what I'm going to do. If I get ANYTHING for his bday we can't pay our Rogers bill again....OMG...it's soooo stressful :( :(

I am even having high Blood Pressure problems from this stress. :( :(

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
ACS said:
Sorry to hear Frenchwapiti.

We are in the exact same situation it seems. When I spoke to a really nice agent, she said it's weird that we don't already have the OWP as we should have. She sent an email also. She told me depending how busy they are it could be a few days to a few weeks....

Love how consistent they are. :mad: ??? ::)

I am happy for all the ppl who applied around our time who have their OWPs, but it is so hard to see at the same time....

My son's birthday is a few days away, we have a party planned, and I don't even know what I'm going to do. If I get ANYTHING for his bday we can't pay our Rogers bill again....OMG...it's soooo stressful :( :(

I am even having high Blood Pressure problems from this stress. :( :(
Same here ACS my son's birthday is coming up too and planned a party for him as its his 1st birthday. But how can we pay all those things if we don't have much money left. My husband will go to school as well so yeah where are we going to get money and give the best for our son. My wife is kinda depress already. She keeps on reading the post here and a lot of applicants has no aip nor opw still. I hope by January 2015 they will grant all the backlogs that they have.

Guapa

Oct 6, 2014
Hello guys,
Hope someone can help me. My application was submitted by lawyer at the end of October 2014. As of today we didn't get any news/acknowledgement from CIC. We didn't submit all the police clearances (I needed from 2 countries) at the time of application submition because one of the clearances was taking way too long (3.5 months) and we were running out of time. So my lawyer said, let's send the application as is and when u receive police clearance we will send it to CIC. So I received clearance by the end of November ( it was issued November 8th-expired February 8th). I dropped it off at my lawyers office 2.5 weeks ago so they can mail it to CIC. I'm not gonna express my frustration with this lawyer, but this clearance was sitting at their office for all this time ( regardless of my phone calls and emails to them) and just today I got an email from lawyer saying that since there is no file number yet, they can not send it to CIC.
I would like to know if what they are saying is true. How soon do you get the file number? Can anyone please tell me. It took so long and painful to get that clearance that I really don't want to do it again. Thank you very much.

lighty_j

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Sep-2014
AOR Received.
20-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
25-08-2015
Interview........
SA: 27-10-2015
Passport Req..
AIP: 17-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 17-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-02-2016
Guapa said:
Hello guys,
Hope someone can help me. My application was submitted by lawyer at the end of October 2014. As of today we didn't get any news/acknowledgement from CIC. We didn't submit all the police clearances (I needed from 2 countries) at the time of application submition because one of the clearances was taking way too long (3.5 months) and we were running out of time. So my lawyer said, let's send the application as is and when u receive police clearance we will send it to CIC. So I received clearance by the end of November ( it was issued November 8th-expired February 8th). I dropped it off at my lawyers office 2.5 weeks ago so they can mail it to CIC. I'm not gonna express my frustration with this lawyer, but this clearance was sitting at their office for all this time ( regardless of my phone calls and emails to them) and just today I got an email from lawyer saying that since there is no file number yet, they can not send it to CIC.
I would like to know if what they are saying is true. How soon do you get the file number? Can anyone please tell me. It took so long and painful to get that clearance that I really don't want to do it again. Thank you very much.
I would probably say that they are telling the truth. Personally I received my application number (AOR) in 5 weeks after submitting the application (appl. received on Sep16th 2014, Aor issued on Oct20th). And nothing from that time. Cic agent I talked to said that since than there was no movement on my application. And I still don't have permanent file number.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
Guapa said:
Hello guys,
I think what your lawyer is saying could be true. Check the 2014 thread, people there have had to wait a few months for AOR that's when you get a file number. It makes more sense to send the police clearance once you have a file number to lessen the chance the paperwork getting lost by CIC. CIC doesn't do the background check till stage 2.

Mela

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Recap:
File received in Vermillion March 6, 2013
File transferred to Winnipeg January 2014
File transferred to Saskatoon April 2014
As of today, 21 months without AIP or OWP.

I called CIC again today. It's been a full 8 months that our file has been in the Saskatoon office, so the call centre agent claims he's sent them a notice that their processing time has lapsed and they need to get on top of our file. I have zero faith that it will do any good. Started speaking to a reporter with CBC Go Public. We can't live like this. My husband and I can't afford to keep him in school in order for him to be allowed to work so we might have to switch to a visitors visa in order to keep his status legal. When you're told to prepare for 8 months and still haven't made progress at 21 months it becomes more than unfair...it's inhumane.

Sept 11 2013

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
Hi Guys,

Just have question here, Since husband he receive (SA) We have stage 1 already ? confusing the agent said we dont have stage 1 yet and hang up me. :(

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sept 11 2013 said:
Hi Guys,

Just have question here, Since husband he receive (SA) We have stage 1 already ? confusing the agent said we dont have stage 1 yet and hang up me. :(
You can wait until January. People with AOR will automatically get OWP valid for 2 years. This has been re confirmed multiple times by CIC Call Centre.

https://www.change.org/p/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-improve-processing-time-for-inland-spousal-sponsorship-and-grant-open-work-permit-upon-aor/u/8977701?tk=V63DfZy3-2wpi90EZV21bADJMMcdlszWH1dwIjN2bH4&utm_source=petition_update&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=petition_update_email

todare

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
Sept 11 2013 said:
Hi Guys,

SA=sponsorship approval is not the same as AIP. AIP=approval in principle comes as a separate letter to the person coming to the country. It says you meed the requirements of your Permanent Residency. It does not grant you permanent residency but says everything is in order. Maybe the CIC person meant you have not yet gotten AIP? AIP is stage one of the second process which is for permanent residency.

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Sept 11 2013 said:
Hi Guys,

No, not necessarily. The same thing happened to me, and seems to be more common. They are issuing SA and AIP separately. Sponsorship Approval, just for the Sponsor, and AIP just for the applicant.

When the Applicant's eCAS show's In Process, then you have AIP.

We STILL didn't get our email for my husband's AIP, but at least they are now confirming that we DO have AIP for SURE. I got SA on Nov.6, and my husband's AIP was issued Nov.17th (though still no email.)

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
computergeek said:
So go online and apply for a new OWP. Pay the fee again. When that officer gets around to looking at the e-mail (in February!) they'll see you already have a work permit and should refund the fee (so maybe by June you'll get the fee back). Don't wait for CIC, push and move forward.
I did not know that I could do it from online? How long does it take and where do I find the online application?
Thanks for your constructive comment Computergeek. +1 because you give me back hope and smile