21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Lorelei said:
Ok I have a question :) I am trying to apply for health card (SK health) and there is a question of the date of establishing residency.Do I put date from OWP since I was on implied status fron last oktober?
If it is like Ontario, or similar, you would use the date that you received your actual AIP letter/email. If you don't have that, then yes, your OWP issue date would work. I will defer to anyone who lives in SK though and knows the rules better than I.

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
September 15, 2013/ Start pocessing
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
Alura, since I got my AIP am I eligible of getting my health card back though I'm still waiting my OWP? I'm from Alberta. Not sure if you have any idea.

Thnx

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Effective Jan 15 2015, Open Work Permit will be issued to all Inland files with AOR. Confirmed by call center agent this morning. I leave it to you guys to verify if you want to. Source: People from Facebook group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/615312178589951/

greg10

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Princess029 said:
Alura, since I got my AIP am I eligible of getting my health card back though I'm still waiting my OWP? I'm from Alberta. Not sure if you have any idea.

Thnx
Princess 029 you can get your Alberta health card even you don't have AIP, I have my alberta health card even I am just a visitor here, just ask your husband to include you in your dependants and that's it, you can also get your drivers licence without your AIP here, but in your case it is easy for you to get one coz you already have AIP

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
civic said:
Effective Jan 15 2015, Open Work Permit will be issued to all Inland files with AOR. Confirmed by call center agent this morning. I leave it to you guys to verify if you want to. Source: People from Facebook group.

All inland files with AOR? That definitely sounds too good to be true.

I imagine the person at the call center was just confused. Either that or they'll send our the OWP's like they send out the AOR's: maybe, sometimes, if they get to it.

todare

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
civic said:

I would prefer a press release over a call agent saying something. Call agents, as we all know, give different answers to the same questions all the time. It could be a rumour the call agent heard. You just don't know.

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
September 15, 2013/ Start pocessing
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
Thank you Greg.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GustavesF said:
All inland files with AOR? That definitely sounds too good to be true.

I imagine the person at the call center was just confused. Either that or they'll send our the OWP's like they send out the AOR's: maybe, sometimes, if they get to it.
They received Ministerial instructions on this. Watch for Operational Manual for Inland Processing to be updated. This has been confirmed by more than one agent. :)

Inland sponsorship is the last and only group of PR candidates that does not qualify for OWP upon AOR at this moment. So this is no special treatment, not a "too good to be true". It is just time for the right thing to happen.

LeBon

May 21, 2013
todare said:
I would prefer a press release over a call agent saying something. Call agents, as we all know, give different answers to the same questions all the time. It could be a rumour the call agent heard. You just don't know.
Definitely not something I'm banking on right now. The fb post is pretty vague, and I've learnt not to put any trust in the call agents. It would be a great turn of fortune for all of us but I'll hold out for something official before getting my hopes up.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
civic said:

Hmm...I'd be curious to know if this will be retroactive to all previous applicants that have received AOR, but not AIP yet.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ponga said:
Hmm...I'd be curious to know if this will be retroactive to all previous applicants that have received AOR, but not AIP yet.
Everyone that has sponsorship file registered in the system, a stage called AOR. Thats how I understand. Will see. :)

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
civic said:
Everyone that has sponsorship file registered in the system, a stage called AOR. Thats how I understand. Will see. :)
If this is true, I would be happy for all of those who apply now, but it's not "fair" - that's the only word I can think of - for applicants who've been waiting OWP for 16 months now and still don't have any news.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JohnnyP said:
If this is true, I would be happy for all of those who apply now, but it's not "fair" - that's the only word I can think of - for applicants who've been waiting OWP for 16 months now and still don't have any news.
With the OWP policy change, they probably wait till January to do everything all at once. AIP is very quiet these days. Please dont criticize me, it's my guess only . Would be interesting to see how they deal with OWP for spouses of foreign students or they will still keep it unchanged. Canada is the only country, I believe, grant OWP to spouses of foreign students. How that benefit Canada? God knows!

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
Princess029 said:

Thnx
We got health care by bringing in the AIP letter, photo ID (Passport), and our lease. My husband went by himself. I know some people had difficulties at different registries, but if you're in Edmonton the registry at Scotia Place seems to be the best.

vik999

Jul 4, 2014
GTA
Visa Office......
mississauga
Is it possible to apply for Express Entry program for 2015 while the inland spousal family PR is in process?. Any idea how much would it cost and time line for that? ?

Family based spousal inland PR has been delayed by 1 yr, dont know whether it would come by end of next year too.

pls advice.