sent with app
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
AIP: August 8, 2014 OWP Received August 15, 2014 Decision Made: Jan. 26, 2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2015
alexandre1610 said:
I got my AIP on Feb 5, 2014, still wait for DM. I am June 2013 applicant. Don't know how to complain, 10 months of waiting for the 2nd stage :(

wow! i think you can call when they are past the timeline???

Sept 11 2013

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
Hi Inlanders, :( :eek:

I have question here so today,I send the following document that they need. The husband received AIP I'm,sure its Aip saying his eligible to sponsor. And I send my OWP application together, Why I didn't get OWP yet? I though once the husband is eligible automatic you get your OWP. (From CIC agent theory) but why my OWp is frozen until they receive the required documents. Or do i need to re-apply again? hopefuly not me and husband totally broke. Sooooo confusing Someone explain to me plsssss and Thank u. I'm gonna get crazy here.

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Sept 11 2013 said:
Hi Inlanders, :( :eek:

I have question here so today,I send the following document that they need. The husband received AIP I'm,sure its Aip saying his eligible to sponsor. And I send my OWP application together, Why I didn't get OWP yet? I though once the husband is eligible automatic you get your OWP. (From CIC agent theory) but why my OWp is frozen until they receive the required documents. Or do i need to re-apply again? hopefuly not me and husband totally broke. Sooooo confusing Someone explain to me plsssss and Thank u. I'm gonna get crazy here.
Your husband being eligible to Sponsor is the SA = Sponsorship Approval. Did you also receive your AIP email, saying that YOU meet the eligibility requirements? Until you get that email, they will BEGIN to PROCESS the OWP. You don't just get it automatically. It needs to be processed in Vegreville, and then sent to you via regular mail.

I got my Sponsorship Approval Nov.6th, and my husband still didn't get the AIP email, although now we know they are processing Stage 2. Therefore STILL no OWP for us. :( We are super broke too.....all Credit Cards maxed, falling behind on some payments :( And my son's birthday is in a few weeks, right before Xmas, and then hubby's bday right after Xmas......could really use a Lotto win right now...lol...or OWP....either or. lol

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Sept 11 2013 said:
Hi

Thanks for reply! thats why i keep playing the lotto who knows right. I use the over draft already, hopefully its coming soon
Did you both get emails of approval? Or only your Husband?

Sept 11 2013

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
ACS said:
Did you both get emails of approval? Or only your Husband?

Only Husband

Dear (sponsor)
This refers to the Application to Sponsor a member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner In Canada
Class you submitted to this office on behalf of (being sponsored)
You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent Residence
(APR) for your relative will be processed separately and he/she will be contacted shortly.
If you received this communication via email, please note that another copy will not be mailed to you.

Being sponsored Letter

Dear (Me)
This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the Spouse or Common-law
Partner in Canada class.
In order to continue processing your application, further information is required. You must
complete/submit the following to this office:

> Proof of Relationship: Documents proving your relationship with your spouse.
This must be received at this office by: 2015/02/19

Unless original documents are specifically requested, please submit copies of supporting documents.
All Police Certificates must be original. They will not be returned to you.

lionhead75

Nov 24, 2014
Hola inlanders!

So as the sponsor, i logged into ecas to view the statuts of our application this morning and the system could no longer identify me! As i check every day (yes i'm that neurotic), i thought something was terribly wrong! After several tries i thought it was maybe a local problem but my spouse could not log in either (with my credentials). I prompty called CIC and they transferred me to the technical dept who checked my profil to finally say to me:

"Your account has been closed because your sponsorship has been approved" :eek:

I was both got very happy and very mad at the same moment! Closing my account is an extrodinarily worrysome event! How could i know!

So its now just a question of time for snail mail does its job! Very happy but still feel like sending CIC a bag of flamming poo! So frustrating! Please excuse my imagery...

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Sept 11 - Oooh ok, so they will be waiting for the documents, then once they receive and process them, issue your AIP. Once your AIP is issued they will being to process your OWP. This means you are in the similar situation to me, you have Sponsorship Approval, but no AIP yet.

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
lionhead75 said:
Hola inlanders!

So as the sponsor, i logged into ecas to view the statuts of our application this morning and the system could no longer identify me! As i check every day (yes i'm that neurotic), i thought something was terribly wrong! After several tries i thought it was maybe a local problem but my spouse could not log in either (with my credentials). I prompty called CIC and they transferred me to the technical dept who checked my profil to finally say to me:

"Your account has been closed because your sponsorship has been approved" :eek:

I was both got very happy and very mad at the same moment! Closing my account is an extrodinarily worrysome event! How could i know!

So its now just a question of time for snail mail does its job! Very happy but still feel like sending CIC a bag of flamming poo! So frustrating! Please excuse my imagery...
Hola lionhead!! Congrats!!?

What do they mean by the Sponsorship has been approved?? When did you apply?

If it is just the Sponsorship Approval you should still be able to see everything…..

lionhead75

Nov 24, 2014
ACS said:
Hola lionhead!! Congrats!!?

What do they mean by the Sponsorship has been approved?? When did you apply?

If it is just the Sponsorship Approval you should still be able to see everything.....
we applied June 23. Our timeline is in a previous post.

That's what i thought! I do not know if this situation is normal but the tech agent said it meant the process will continue and my part (the sponsor's) is done. I would reserve congradulations for when we receive the letters for sure.

It's just the first good news in many many months we've gotten from CIC so i'll take it!

Sept 11 2013

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
ACS said:
Sept 11 - Oooh ok, so they will be waiting for the documents, then once they receive and process them, issue your AIP. Once your AIP is issued they will being to process your OWP. This means you are in the similar situation to me, you have Sponsorship Approval, but no AIP yet.

Hi ACS,

Now i understand. thanks

jomarcabiles

Star Member
Dec 7, 2008
edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2013
Doc's Request.
01/2014
AOR Received.
05/2013
Med's Request
01/2014
Med's Done....
02/2014
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
12/01/2014
LANDED..........
12/16/2014 cic edmonton
hello inlanders, I was very upset too because I am way pass the processing time already. we got our aip and im under owp already whick I think is a good thing so at least I can work. but everytime I call the call center they would say call back in 11/22/2014 and so I called back and then another reason was given to me that my 22 months processing time is not way pass yet. basically the agent told me was that I have to call back in 02/17/2015 AGAIN!!! and my papers are still in progress!,,its so frustrating when every different agent tell you different things when you call that's why im losing trust to this agents...im sorry but im just venting out here guys. but you know what guys LIFE IS TOO GOOD TO BE SAD,,lets be positive and I just hope for the best for now...

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
Has anyone received their OWP recently? Anyone who applied in Aug or is everyone still waiting? There is not much on the spreadsheet. When my husband called, they told him two weeks, but I'm trying to see if that is accurate.