AOR Received.
Jun 3, 2014
Med's Request
Sent with our App.
Med's Done....
Jan 28, 2014
Smsm81 said:
Hi, are you in Quebec?
Did you receive CSQ request from CIC yet?
Hi, Yes we are !

And yes we receive the request in July, 2014 and MIDI sent the CSQ to CPC-M on August 20, 2014. But CPC-M doesn't treat it still.

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
Abyssin said:
Hi, Yes we are !

And yes we receive the request in July, 2014 and MIDI sent the CSQ to CPC-M on August 20, 2014. But CPC-M doesn't treat it still.
So you sent you application in Feb 2014 and you received the CSQ request in July?
Did you called them to inquire about the CSQ? or they just sent it to you? were it by email or snail mail?

Abyssin

Sep 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now in CTD-Mississauga)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Jun 3, 2014
Med's Request
Sent with our App.
Med's Done....
Jan 28, 2014
Smsm81 said:
So you sent you application in Feb 2014 and you received the CSQ request in July?
Did you called them to inquire about the CSQ? or they just sent it to you? were it by email or snail mail?
Yes that's it. We sent our application on Feb 2014 & received the CSQ Request on July.

No, we didn't have to call them to inquire it.

CPC-M sent the request to my spouse by email.

Lisan

Jun 2, 2014
AchankengCrawford said:
Congrats to my fellow Aug 21st! Hopefully the rest of August gets theirs this week!

My husband went and got his health care today (1 year, temporary) from Alberta Health Services. He needed to show his AIP letter, his ID (passport), and that he lived in Alberta (Lease). He has a number and is getting the card in 5 days. It was very straightforward and easy. He called CIC and they said the OWP should be processed in 2 weeks (from Vergeville). We are so happy and we are cheering all of you on!

Princess029
Filipina311
FTBG

You're next!
Hi,
We need your help!!! Could you please provide the registry name your husband went to get his Alberta Health care? What AIP letter did you present? The one we got since not to be sufficient for the two registries we went. Also, did he applied for himself, or was he added to your health plan? Please help us, this has been a frustrate situation. Was your husband out status before getting AIP?

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply!

lionhead75

Nov 24, 2014
Smsm81 said:
lionhead75
It seems from the way the agent talked to you that you are approved, iy could just take sometime. Did you get fax number or email from the officer? if so contact them after another week, if not, just keep waiting with hope... You might call CIC as well to see if they have something for you.
Would you mind sharing those!
Email requesting more information rcvd Dated Feb 14, 2014( What did they request?)
Did you ever receive CSQ request? when?
clarify one thing about our relationship( Mind telling what was it)
Hi Smsm81,

i've updated my timeline (didn't realize CSQ was missing):

CIC rcvd application to sponsor and OWP on June 28, 2013.
CIC started processing application on July 23, 2013
Letter requesting CSQ rcvd Sept, 2013
CSQ sent to CPC-V Oct, 2013
Email requesting more information rcvd Dated Feb 14, 2014
Information sent to CPC-V office on two occasions
Email transferred to CPC-M rcvd April 11, 2014 (No AIP)
Interview letter rcvd (Dated Oct 28, 2014)
Interview CIC Montreal Nov 06, 2014

I've called CIC several times without any news (last call on 24/11/14). Nothing has been added to the file and Ecas still says:

"We started processing your application on July 23, 2013."

CIC requested additional proof that we were living together from the date we stated. We sent both more info and our marriage certificate (since we applied as common-law but got married in the mean time).

CPC-M took a little over 6 months to contact us for an interview. CIC call center told me CPC-M has a max processing time of 8 months after which you can ask CIC to contact CPC-M on our behalf. We are nearing that mark (Dec 11th) quickly! I'm sure things are moving along but feel blind!

Hope this fills in the gaps and is useful info for others!

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
Congratz to Indonesia for getting AIP!!!

Aug 22nd applicant!!

that's great news...things are moving.... slowly....BUT.. steadily..which is nice. Before it felt like they would work for a week, then take 3 or 4 weeks off..and we would see no movement...now, it seems as if they are slowly consistently working. Maybe we're looking at 2 working days to process 1 days worth of applications. So if you are a Sept 22 2013 applicant, then i think you're 2 months away from AIP.

I'm just happy its moving....

I'm a Sept 18th applicant..so my day is getting closer and closer ^.^

I'm curious Indonesia... did they send you physical letter? or email? also, did both the sponsor and applicant receive the letter??? i believe BOTH need to receive the letter for it to be considered AIP.

thegorchess

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-10-2013
I am an October 1, 2013 applicant and my MP was recently told by CIC that it would be 3 months. I expect it to be more along the lines of 4 or 5, about 18 months for stage 1. It is really depressing because I just learned that I may be going on strike and I am the sole income. As CIC says, we are lucky we are allowed to be together. It seems really unlucky that he isn't allowed to work, but that is not what they say and we are not in a position to question them.

jmarie88

Oct 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2013
AOR Received.
21-11-2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
08-2013
Interview........
21-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
One day..
I was just wondering if it seems more common that people who did their medical upfront and sent it with their application had to redo it because it expired. I sent mine in with my application. It expired and I spoke to a CIC agent and was told not to redo unless they request it again. I'm hoping I don't need to redo it (or my background check which also has expired). Have any of you noticed if CIC is more commonly asking for redos on expired medicals?

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
jmarie88 said:
I was just wondering if it seems more common that people who did their medical upfront and sent it with their application had to redo it because it expired. I sent mine in with my application. It expired and I spoke to a CIC agent and was told not to redo unless they request it again. I'm hoping I don't need to redo it (or my background check which also has expired). Have any of you noticed if CIC is more commonly asking for redos on expired medicals?
I did my medical upfront and it has expired for longtime, but by the time I sent it in it was good, same for the police certificats. don't redo the medicals unless you are specifically requested to do so. If it was good by the time you sent your application, it should be considered ok, by the time they come to your file.
I got my AIP after 15 months of waiting and they updated my ecas saying 'medicals received'

Hope this will help, good luck

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
Lisan said:
Hi,
We need your help!!! Could you please provide the registry name your husband went to get his Alberta Health care? What AIP letter did you present? The one we got since not to be sufficient for the two registries we went. Also, did he applied for himself, or was he added to your health plan? Please help us, this has been a frustrate situation. Was your husband out status before getting AIP?

He went by himself with his letter. (He had mine too, but they did not ask to see it.) He applied himself (not on my plan). Before AIP (and still now, I suppose) he is on implied status. He entered as a tourist in June 2013 and we applied of PR and OWP in Aug 2013. His tourist visa expired in Dec 2013 and since then he has been on implied status. We did not extend his visa. That being said, they the person at the registry only photocopied the identity page of his passport (not the visa) and his AIP letter and looked at the lease.

He went to the registry in Scotia Place in Edmonton (downtown). He didn't have any problems although the registry agent did call someone to to confirm that the AIP letter was first stage approval.

I'm sure you've seen this, but maybe print off the bottom section of the page that specifically talks about "positive first decision": http://www.health.alberta.ca/AHCIP/temporary-residents.html

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jmarie88 said:
In a lot of cases if the applicant is young they may let the expiry date of the medical side and your mostly likely not to have any issues, however if you are slightly older they would require it again.

todare

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
Lisan said:
Hi,

I bet your problem is that you have sponsorship approval not AIP as there is only one type of AIP letter. It is the letter that says specifically in it you are "approved in principle for permenant residence in Canada." This is the letter you are looking for. It is not first stage approval as first stage is sponsorship approval. It is first stage of the second stage. And that is what they want.

Lisan

Jun 2, 2014
todare said:
I bet your problem is that you have sponsorship approval not AIP as there is only one type of AIP letter. It is the letter that says specifically in it you are "approved in principle for permenant residence in Canada." This is the letter you are looking for. It is not first stage approval as first stage is sponsorship approval. It is first stage of the second stage. And that is what they want.
Hi Todare,

I got the sponsorship approval and then he received this letter:

Dear xxxx:

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that
a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent
resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks
for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they
are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident
until you and all your family members have met these requirements.

IS THIS AIP ??? If not, has some one an example of an AIP letter?

Thanks everyone for your help.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Lisan said:
Hi Todare,

I got the sponsorship approval and then he received this letter:

Dear xxxx:

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that
a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent
resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks
for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they
are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident
until you and all your family members have met these requirements.

IS THIS AIP ??? If not, has some one an example of an AIP letter?

Thanks everyone for your help.
Yes it is AIP email. Congrats.