+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Oct 20, 2014
sophieb said:
My spouse and I were in a similar situation a few months ago. We applied for his PR through the inland sponsorship program in May 2013. He currently has his open work permit and we are waiting for the final stage of approval to be completed. Anyways, we planned a trip to visit his family in the UK in February when he received his open work permit. However, at the last minute I decided to call Citizenship and Immigration and the Border Services Agency to make sure it is ok for him to leave Canada. Both agencies advised us against him traveling outside of Canada because there is no guarantee that you will be let back into the country under you current status. According to the immigration and border service officers, it is up to the digression of the individual border service officer to let you back in or not. I find this confusing because I thought he would be able to travel with an open work permit. Also, there should be a set policy between both agencies. The border service told me that he would only get back in under his current immigration status if he left the country due to the death of a family member outside of Canada and we would need to provide a death certificate. As a result, we ended up cancelling our trip at the last minute because we did not want to risk him losing his immigration status. Ultimately, both agencies advise against traveling outside of Canada before you get you PR card.

Ok I'm getting really confused with this travel outside of Canada. I don't understand several things......

1-if the Border Servives Agency and CIC don't "talk" to each other that means that you should be fine when you come back providing that you are from an exempt visa country (you are allowed to stay for 6 months if I'm not mistaken).

2- if you have AIP and a work permit that means that you are not here illegally therefore you have some kind of status (whatever you want to call it) but you are allowed to be in Canada and to work while waiting for your PR.

3- if you are a working (with your work permit) and the company where you are employed tells you that you need to go for a business trip...what happens, you are not allowed back in?!?

In my understanding is that once you have AIP and a work permit you are "legitimate" and therefore the Border Services Agency should not have any issues provided that you have all your paper work proving that you are waiting for PR. Right?

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Good morning everyone.

Still anxiously waiting AIP news from the rest of you!
JohnnyP
PRsoon
elizaanon
frenchwapiti
It’s gotta be today or Monday for y’all!! ;)

Hopefully today, cuz that will be an AWESOME way to start the weekend! :)

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
JohnnyP said:
Hey ACS, did your husband get the email yet?
No, and I called CIC this morning….(after their phone system not working, I got connected to and then disconnected right away from 3 agents in a row)…

The guy I finally spoke to seemed very knowledgeable. He said the email I received as the Sponsor IS the AIP, and that my husband doesn't need to receive an email. He said that now that we have AIP, Vegreville will be forwarded a message from CPC-M to process our OWP, and he said the current processing time is listed as 68 days, but it should be quicker. He also confirmed that our RPRF is paid, and there is nothing else we have to pay.

Now I’m going to start searching on here to see about getting OHIP coverage for my hubby with this AIP…. :)

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
AchankengCrawford said:
You must be so relieved! I could actually feel your stress reading some of your posts, here and in the fb group. So happy for you! Weight lifted off your shoulders for sure!
Thanks so much! It really is. But I am still going to be joining in whatever I can to protest the slow processing times!!! No matter if we have DM and everything, this is unacceptable!

And sorry if I was stressing anyone out...lol. The pressure just gets so much, and all of you here understand it so much better than any of my friends not going thru the process.

I would say you guys don't know what a help you are, but I think you all do know, cuz we are all in the same boat more or less!! :)

cioannou

Mar 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2014
AOR Received.
18-06-2014
ACS said:
The guy I finally spoke to seemed very knowledgeable. He said the email I received as the Sponsor IS the AIP, and that my husband doesn't need to receive an email. He said that now that we have AIP, Vegreville will be forwarded a message from CPC-M to process our OWP, and he said the current processing time is listed as 68 days, but it should be quicker. He also confirmed that our RPRF is paid, and there is nothing else we have to pay.
If you apply online for your work permit, the processing times are only 19 days

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
cioannou said:
If you apply online for your work permit, the processing times are only 19 days
We applied for OWP at the same time as we applied for PR. I don't think we can just submit a 2nd OWP application now to get it quicker?

cioannou

Mar 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2014
AOR Received.
18-06-2014
ACS said:
We applied for OWP at the same time as we applied for PR. I don't think we can just submit a 2nd OWP application now to get it quicker?
Ahh yes, forgot you would have already sent it. I didn't send my OWP with my PR app so when you said 68 days, I panicked and went straight to look at the processing times!

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
I'm wondering if there is any way we can request that we get a 3 year OWP instead of 1 year?

We applied thru Vegreville, of course before the change, and thats where the OWPs are processed also. My husband got a new passport, since his old one expires on the 14th of this month. We sent the new passport info to Mississauga. I wonder if we also must send this to Vegreville now too for the OWP processing?? Any ideas?

TorontoCouple

Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Interview........
15-01-2015
LANDED..........
15-01-2015
ACS said:
No, and I called CIC this morning....(after their phone system not working, I got connected to and then disconnected right away from 3 agents in a row)...

Now I'm going to start searching on here to see about getting OHIP coverage for my hubby with this AIP.... :)
Congrats. OHIP was denied for us with just the letter printed out when we went to a small ServiceOntario (Thornhill), we need to take it to a big one like College Park (a 'government' one, the small ones are 'franchises'...) It was frustrating after waiting for awhile just to be told, even after they called head office, that they couldn't process it. She also said we only had a 'computer printout, not an official letter' which is frustrating as well! I'm sure it will work fine at a 'government' ServiceOntario, but we are waiting for OWP still and will take it in to ensure we can get OHIP (some others seem to have received theirs already...)

Good luck and congrats again!

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Vegreville /CPC - Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
Hi Everyone.

Just received my GCMS notes and we are still waiting for DM. It says on the notes, final decision pending until Jan 2015 when inland processing commences. . So i guess here's the reason to waiting forever for apps to be processed. On the bright side, my guess is that everyone should start getting AIP+DM around January, just like last year.

todare

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
ACS said:
No, and I called CIC this morning....(after their phone system not working, I got connected to and then disconnected right away from 3 agents in a row)...

Now I'm going to start searching on here to see about getting OHIP coverage for my hubby with this AIP.... :)
Not our experience. I had the sponsorship letter and here in BC they did not accept it as AIP. I think the guy on the phone just wanted to get rid of you. The letter to your husband shows that they are processing his PR and that is AIP and what is required here in BC

todare

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
ortom said:
Hi Everyone.

Just received my GCMS notes and we are still waiting for DM. It says on the notes, final decision pending until Jan 2015 when inland processing commences. . So i guess here's the reason to waiting forever for apps to be processed. On the bright side, my guess is that everyone should start getting AIP+DM around January, just like last year.
That is simply crazy.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ortom said:
Hi Everyone.

Very precious info. Thank you

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ortom said:
Hi Everyone.

Can someone tell us what happened around Jan 2014? What was the processing speed and what was the procedure back then?
Looks like Chris Alexander did mean that everything will be streamlined with Expression Entry system somehow, even though EE is mainly for economic immigration.
Thanks

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
civic said:
Can someone tell us what happened around Jan 2014? What was the processing speed and what was the procedure back then?
Looks like Chris Alexander did mean that everything will be streamlined with Expression Entry system somehow, even though EE is mainly for economic immigration.
Thanks
Same procedure but processing had reached almost 1 month every week