14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
ACS said:
So since I called and submitted an inquiry regarding my case being past the processing time as soon as they updated on Friday, and she told me to call back in 3 weeks – 1 month if I hear nothing....

Would it be a bad idea to call again today? I am just dying for news, and I am hoping to hear that it's just about completed or I should get an email today or tomorrow or something like that.

Because we know they pretty much process the whole thing in one day or so.

I am just getting my nerves super frazzled by hitting refresh all day. At least if I know it's NOT going to be today I can calm down.

Would it negatively affect my case if I call again today? Thoughts?
I don't think that will affect your application at all. Go ahead ACS and call them

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
Ponga said:
But why is he on probation if the charges were dismissed?
He got an absolute discharge...( though not a conviction but their is an evidence of guilt)
Probation of not drinking in public, getting into fight and having a gun or something ...I ordered a Criminal Record through backcheck.com and it was clear ( no record). So, he had a probation because he missed court dates, caught drinking on public while he was in trouble with his ongoing assault charge. His life is messy before he met me and I'm just soo glad he changed and never been drunk for over 3 years now.

3september2013

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2013 re-applied April 17, 2015
AOR Received.
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
May 2014
ACS said:
So since I called and submitted an inquiry regarding my case being past the processing time as soon as they updated on Friday, and she told me to call back in 3 weeks – 1 month if I hear nothing....

Would it be a bad idea to call again today? I am just dying for news, and I am hoping to hear that it's just about completed or I should get an email today or tomorrow or something like that.

Because we know they pretty much process the whole thing in one day or so.

I am just getting my nerves super frazzled by hitting refresh all day. At least if I know it's NOT going to be today I can calm down.

Would it negatively affect my case if I call again today? Thoughts?
If they don't wanna have phone calls they should not update the site to August 17 th! I would definitely phone them!

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
pookieee said:
Hello all
I haven't thought about rejection for AIP, but I have some concerns about my application these days.

In my case, my common law partner and I have been together for 4 years, but we have not lived together for a full year before applying PR because of my schooling in my home country. The longest time we had lived together was 10 months. I am not so sure anymore if I can get AIP. Of course we wrote a letter regarding my schooling situation (CIC call center agent told me to do so) and have declared common-law on income tax since 2011. Do they count the days AFTER applying PR?
They have a lock-in date, when you submitted your form, they will not count the months after you submitted.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pookieee said:
Hello all
I haven't thought about rejection for AIP, but I have some concerns about my application these days.

In my case, my common law partner and I have been together for 4 years, but we have not lived together for a full year before applying PR because of my schooling in my home country. The longest time we had lived together was 10 months. I am not so sure anymore if I can get AIP. Of course we wrote a letter regarding my schooling situation (CIC call center agent told me to do so) and have declared common-law on income tax since 2011. Do they count the days AFTER applying PR?
Uh oh. You may very well be denied because 1 full year is critical. Unfortunately, they do NOT count the days after you submitted your application.

And, to make matters worse...you claiming common-law status on your tax returns (without truly being common-law) is actually considered tax fraud.
You might consider re-filing those years ASAP (or at least, confer with a tax professional).

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
pookieee said:
Hello all

You should withdraw your application and apply Outland. So, you live together for 12 months now right?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree with Carlaganda23. Even though you applied in January (and have wasted ~ 10 months), your inland application is probably not going to be approved because you weren't common-law then.

3september2013

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2013 re-applied April 17, 2015
AOR Received.
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
May 2014
Ponga said:
Uh oh very well be denied because 1 full year months tical. Unfortunately, they do NOT count the days after you submitted your application.
Shouldn't CIC send the application back right away when they see you haven't live together for a year? Why wait 14 or 15 months to tell you you will be denied?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
3september2013 said:
Shouldn't CIC send the application back right away when they see you haven't live together for a year? Why wait 14 or 15 months to tell you you will be denied?

Because they haven't started working on it yet. When they issue AOR, it only means that someone has done a cursory glance through the application package to ensure that it is complete. Nobody would have looked to see how long this person had been living with their partner.

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
pookieee said:
Hello all

Or you can get married to your partner and just gave an updated application , you applied as a Spouse not a Common-Law anymore, so you don't waste too much time. If that is doable for you.

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
Trinityy said:
AIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!
Aug 13th applicant!!!!
Yours are coming too! Good luck everyone!!! :-* :-*
Congrats Trinity!!! Keep the AIPs coming!

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Trinityy said:
AIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!
Aug 13th applicant!!!!
Yours are coming too! Good luck everyone!!! :-* :-*
YYYAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!

Trinityy

Mar 7, 2014
Thank you Carlaganda23 and ACS.

I cannot find the spreadsheet. Anyone please update my info there?
Nice to know you all and love you all :-*