Med's Request
10-01-2014
Med's Done....
21-01-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
LANDED..........
23-02-2015
I finally heard from the LA office regarding my daughter's paperwork/med check. They say they now (finally) have it all together, and I'm in the queue for review. I have no idea how long that will take. Sadly, there is no place to check on times for that. I really hope they didn't put us at the end of the line since this is their screw-up, but I have a feeling they don't care about that.

I hope it's not another 3 months, like CIC told me to expect the first time. Especially since it's been over six months since the medical was sent in, and it would mean that nothing will happen before the holidays. I was really hoping to have this all finished up before the new year. ::sigh::

Maxician

Star Member
Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-13
AOR Received.
23-03-13
Almost 10 months after AIP and NO DM!!!! Ecas reminds me only that my application is still in process (no meds received, no police checks or anything else). At the dull center they tell me they got all my documents, and that I can only keep waiting patiently. One time I even got a "Thank you for your patience", I felt lucky... :-\

Trinityy

Mar 7, 2014
post-kt said:
it never showed on my ecas that they received my medical the whole time that it was included in my application .... only after AIP that they updated my e cas and showed that medical has been received
post-kt

Did you receive a medical exam form when you received AIP? I received it today, same time as AIP, although I did my medical exam last November and mailed to them the proof. My ECAS didn't show medical has been received.

In this case, should I redo my medical exam?

Thanks

AckTivity

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
Doc's Request.
13-01-2014 (mailed 24-01-2014)
Nomination.....
AIP: 17-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2014
Med's Done....
21-01-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
LANDED..........
23-02-2015
Trinityy said:
post-kt

Did you receive a medical exam form when you received AIP? I received it today, same time as AIP, although I did my medical exam last November and mailed to them the proof. My ECAS didn't show medical has been received.

Thanks
I would call CIC. I did my medical back in January. My ECAS still doesn't show it. But when I called, I was told that it was definitely there, they just hadn't updated yet.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
Trinityy said:
post-kt

Thanks
No do not redo your medical exam unless CIC requests it. You previous exam should still be okay.

The request should have come in your AIP letter as was the case in my partner's AIP letter.

todare

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
Maxician said:
Almost 10 months after AIP and NO DM!!!! Ecas reminds me only that my application is still in process (no meds received, no police checks or anything else). At the dull center they tell me they got all my documents, and that I can only keep waiting patiently. One time I even got a "Thank you for your patience", I felt lucky... :-\
Although not as long in the same boat as you! Crazy. Same story they have everything. It has all been reviewed. No meds showing on ECAS etc although we redid them because they were requested again. Wait patiently wait patiently.....

todare

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
Linden said:
No do not redo your medical exam unless CIC requests it. You previous exam should still be okay.

The request should have come in your AIP letter as was the case in my partner's AIP letter.
If they ask for it redo it.

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
rvaburay84 said:
They mailed my OWP last Friday (Oct 31) so it will arrive probably after yours, Jayshe !

And you can definately apply for a job !! you just have to inform the employer that you are waiting for your permit that will come soon !!
I have been participating in recruitment processes since the beginning of this year and I got a job in July !! They have been waiting for me since then and I will start in 1.5 week !!!!!!! SUPER HAPPY !!!!!!!!!
Hi rvaburay. Thats nice to know that there is work waiting for you immediately. Im wondering when you said you participated in recruitment processes how did you do it? Were you upfront in telling them that you dont have work permit yet? When did you say this? During the interview or was it part of your cover letter?
I can smell aips coming in but it still seems slow moving and I want to at least have a timing in sending out resumes. Im not sure if its a good idea to send now.

rvaburay84

Mar 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 8, 2013
AOR Received.
Sep 9, 2013
shyla36 said:
Hi rvaburay. Thats nice to know that there is work waiting for you immediately. Im wondering when you said you participated in recruitment processes how did you do it? Were you upfront in telling them that you dont have work permit yet? When did you say this? During the interview or was it part of your cover letter?
I can smell aips coming in but it still seems slow moving and I want to at least have a timing in sending out resumes. Im not sure if its a good idea to send now.
I recommend that you say right away in the beginning of the interview. I never wrote cover letter because I really dont believe in them hehe But I always said in the first phase of the process, when the HR is doing a preliminary screening process ... if it is not an issue, they will tell you ... and I always was very transparent in relation to all aspects, MAINLY about the delays of the family sponsorship program !

I lived all types of situations you imagined: employers that declined right away, others waited until the last phase, others that gave me a certain time after the final decision and employers that waited for a longer time than expected.

My recommendation: apply asap and be transparent. If they really want you, they will wait for you and be flexible.

Good luck !

Trinityy

Mar 7, 2014
Linden said:

Hi Linden,

Here is the thing, I received three emails today, one is for My husband, one is for me, and the third one is attached with a medical form.
So you mean, the third email is a request? So I need to redo it?

Trinityy

Mar 7, 2014
AckTivity said:
I would call CIC. I did my medical back in January. My ECAS still doesn't show it. But when I called, I was told that it was definitely there, they just hadn't updated yet.
I will need to call CIC to confirm. Thanks for sharing.

princesultan

Aug 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-13
AOR Received.
08-09-13
Med's Done....
10-05-13
We received stage 1 a few weeks back but then last week received a request for a police certificate that we need to send in. We had also sent in an OWP with our initial application. Will our OWP be held back until this police cert is sent in???

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
princesultan said:
We received stage 1 a few weeks back but then last week received a request for a police certificate that we need to send in. We had also sent in an OWP with our initial application. Will our OWP be held back until this police cert is sent in???
No. Only stage 2 is dependent on the police certificate.

jayshe25

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville,AB Transfer to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
File Transfer...
01-03-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
March 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 16, 2015
LANDED..........
March 16, 2015
hshi said:
just received OWP today. AIP approved on Oct.27, CIC sent out OWP on Oct.31
Wow so fast they told me that mine was approved and was sent out October 30 but still haven't received it maybe tom. I'm hoping!!