Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
anascorse said:
August 14th applicant here.

So far just waiting for something...
Hey!:) Welcome waiting buddy!! We got the same date! Please promise to share on here when you get your AIP. Should be this week! ! *fingers and toes crossed* best wishes.

Audjgal

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2013
AOR Received.
11-10-2013
Med's Done....
20-08-2013
Need some help!
I have a new passport as my old one was due to expire in May next year and I was worried about my WP when I finally got AIP having that date as expiry.
My Application was Received in Sept 2013.

Is there a certain procedure I have to follow when sending documents in or would just sending a copy of new passport with UCI on it to the MIssissauga office suffice?

Is there a link to do this online or does it have to be hardcopy?

Many Thanks!
Audjgal

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Audjgal said:
Need some help!
I have a new passport as my old one was due to expire in May next year and I was worried about my WP when I finally got AIP having that date as expiry.
My Application was Received in Sept 2013.

Is there a certain procedure I have to follow when sending documents in or would just sending a copy of new passport with UCI on it to the MIssissauga office suffice?

Is there a link to do this online or does it have to be hardcopy?

Many Thanks!
Audjgal
Hi Audjgal,

We had to send in my husbands new passport, because his old one expires this month.

We called CIC, and they emailed us this info:
Update Personal Information - CPC-Mississauga
To update your personal information while your sponsorship application is in process, you can notify us by email.
An update in your personal information could include:
• A change in marital status;
• The birth of a child;
• Criminal charges against you;
• A change of employer;
• Etc.
In your email, please provide the Sponsor's:
• Name;
• Date of birth; and
• UCI Number/Application Number.
If you are unable to send your information via email, you can mail/fax it to the Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Mississauga, Ontario. Please find below the contact information for the CPC:
General Mailing address
CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 6100, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4
Courier Address
CPC Mississauga
2 Robert Speck Parkway,
Suite 1200
Mississauga, ON
L4Z 1H8
Fax: (905) 803-7392
If you change your contact information, you must let us know immediately through our Online services.

We mailed in copies of his new passport, along with a cover letter that included his UCI, that we are applying for PR Family Class (Spouse) Inland, and the other requested info.

I also wrote his UCI and PR Family Class (Spouse) Inland on the outside of the envelope, but I doubt that is necessary.

We sent in our Use of a Representative form also, so that I can access all the info on our file as well. When I called into CIC after, they acknowledge that they have updated me as a Representative, but say they cannot confirm in the system if they got his passport update, but confirmed if it was sent in along with the use of a Rep form that was received, that it “must” have also been received, just not updated in the system.....

So despite saying you can update this online, and we did do it online too, I thought it best to also mail it in.

WeCanadoIt

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
LANDED..........
16-04-2015
ACS said:
Hi Audjgal,

We had to send in my husbands new passport, because his old one expires this month.

To update your personal information while your sponsorship application is in process, you can notify us by email.
• The birth of a child;
• A change of employer;
• Etc.
• Name;
• Date of birth; and
If you are unable to send your information via email, you can mail/fax it to the Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Mississauga, Ontario. Please find below the contact information for the CPC:
General Mailing address
CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 6100, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4
Courier Address
CPC Mississauga
2 Robert Speck Parkway,
Suite 1200
Mississauga, ON
L4Z 1H8
If you change your contact information, you must let us know immediately through our Online services.

We mailed in copies of his new passport, along with a cover letter that included his UCI, that we are applying for PR Family Class (Spouse) Inland, and the other requested info.

I also wrote his UCI and PR Family Class (Spouse) Inland on the outside of the envelope, but I doubt that is necessary.

We sent in our Use of a Representative form also, so that I can access all the info on our file as well. When I called into CIC after, they acknowledge that they have updated me as a Representative, but say they cannot confirm in the system if they got his passport update, but confirmed if it was sent in along with the use of a Rep form that was received, that it “must” have also been received, just not updated in the system.....

So despite saying you can update this online, and we did do it online too, I thought it best to also mail it in.

Whats the email address?

Audjgal

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2013
AOR Received.
11-10-2013
Med's Done....
20-08-2013
ACS said:
Hi Audjgal,

• The birth of a child;
• A change of employer;
• Etc.
• Name;
• Date of birth; and
General Mailing address
CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 6100, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4
Courier Address
CPC Mississauga
2 Robert Speck Parkway,
Suite 1200
Mississauga, ON
L4Z 1H8

Thanks.. do you have the email address you used? I think I will def email and mail it in too.

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
I don't know why but i've been so worried lately that i wont get AIP...nervous that i wont get approved to sponsor my common-law partner.

If that happens, she'll have to leave the country since her visa would have expired by then....i know that i'm probably over thinking things....

Does anyone know any reasons why sponsors get declined for AIP? A few reasons come to mind. 1. Money - they dont make enough. 2. perceived as a relationship of convenience 3. criminal record...

any other reasons?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bankerguy said:
I don't know why but i've been so worried lately that i wont get AIP...nervous that i wont get approved to sponsor my common-law partner.

If that happens, she'll have to leave the country since her visa would have expired by then....i know that i'm probably over thinking things....

Does anyone know any reasons why sponsors get declined for AIP? A few reasons come to mind. 1. Money - they dont make enough. 2. perceived as a relationship of convenience 3. criminal record...

any other reasons?
Since AIP is comprised of two parts:

Approval of sponsor
Assessment of relationship

I would think that the relationship proof is where those that are denied stems from.

YOU already know that you're going to be approved as the sponsor, right?! Unless you have a skeleton in the closet that you didn't mention in your application, the`sponsor' part of the puzzle is really a slam dunk.

Don't let the fear (Fantasized Experience Appearing Real) consume you now!

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
bankerguy said:

any other reasons?
Amount of money made doesn't matter for a spousal sponsorship. It's only for sponsoring parents.

you're almost there I''m sure you'll get AIP.

Audjgal

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2013
AOR Received.
11-10-2013
Med's Done....
20-08-2013
Audjgal said:
I can't find info with this post but I remember reading it.

Someone had posted that you can apply for OHIP if in the Remarks section of the Visitor Visa Extension/Record had something about Inland Sponsorship was in process or something to that effect.
I just got my passport extended so was going to apply for a longer extension of a year or more. Previously I asked for 6 months and was given 6 months. In my remarks sections was all the normal stuff about not allowed to attend school or work. Do you think I can request for to add that sponsorship is in process in the remarks this time around?
If anyone has this in their visitor record remarks can you let me know the exact working?
Going to apply for visitor extension today with my new passport so I'm going to ask for a year ( i didn't ask for a year last time bc my previous passport didn't have a year available to ask). I thought I rem reading somewhere that they can put Inland spousal processing in the remarks section and you can use that to apply for OHIP? Mayeb I read wrong or was mistaken. Anyone?
Thanks!
AUDJGAL

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
bankerguy said:

any other reasons?
don't you worry!!!!! you'll be fine!!!

money does not make a difference, except if you are depending on social welfare, then you cannot sponsor. otherwise I don't see any reason despite criminal record.

keep smiling and don't torture your mind. you'll be fine :) :)

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
So since I called and submitted an inquiry regarding my case being past the processing time as soon as they updated on Friday, and she told me to call back in 3 weeks – 1 month if I hear nothing….

Would it be a bad idea to call again today? I am just dying for news, and I am hoping to hear that it’s just about completed or I should get an email today or tomorrow or something like that.

Because we know they pretty much process the whole thing in one day or so.

I am just getting my nerves super frazzled by hitting refresh all day. At least if I know it’s NOT going to be today I can calm down.

Would it negatively affect my case if I call again today? Thoughts?

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
frenchwapiti said:
don't you worry!!!!! you'll be fine!!!

money does not make a difference, except if you are depending on social welfare, then you cannot sponsor. otherwise I don't see any reason despite criminal record.

keep smiling and don't torture your mind. you'll be fine :) :)
Convicted is different from discharge right? My partner had an assault charge file to him when he was drinking in the bar in Halifax and got into fight ( that was before he met me). He was discharged and never been convicted. He has 2 years probation that will end on March 2015. So, I don't think I have to be worried because discharge is not conviction. Isn't it? Am I right? We ordered a Criminal a Record for him through online and it wasn't on his record at all, he is also an American Citizen too.