+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
3september2013 said:
Congrats Linden!!
Thanks everyone!!

Does anyone know how to apply for OWP online if you are on implied visitor status?
My partner applied for an extension of her visitor's visa but has not heard back yet. When I go to the online questionnaire and enter the end date of her last visa it says it cannot continue because she is out of status though she has implied status.

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
Linden said:
Thanks everyone!!

Does anyone know how to apply for OWP online if you are on implied visitor status?
My partner applied for an extension of her visitor's visa but has not heard back yet. When I go to the online questionnaire and enter the end date of her last visa it says it cannot continue because she is out of status though she has implied status.
Hi Linden,

Some people said just ignore it and put ahead of time like for example put November 19,2014.

I heard there are many people who had done this even if they are out of status and they still got an approve OWP. It's quicker to apply online, only 2 weeks or so. congratulations!

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
Carlaganda23 said:
Hi Linden,

Some people said just ignore it and put ahead of time like for example put November 19,2014.

I heard there are many people who had done this even if they are out of status and they still got an approve OWP. It's quicker to apply online, only 2 weeks or so. congratulations!
Thanks! yeah that's what I was thinking but technically isn't that misrepresentation?

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
Linden said:
Thanks! yeah that's what I was thinking but technically isn't that misrepresentation?
I'm not sure, but most of the people who has an implied status or out-of-status who applied online, it was never a problem unto them. It would be serious misrepresentation of you lied on your application for PR. The forms that you submitted and signed.

This is only online questions, I'm sure they will bypass that, because technically if you have a working permit in Canada and you didn't renew it after 90 days it was expired. You can never have another one unless you have to apply outside the country, the system wouldn't let them to do it. But since it is an approval of principle, it is a different story for sure.

fugaziosbourne

Aug 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-10-2013
gfdvca said:
There are bus shelter advertisements available next to Mr. Alexander's constituency office in Ajax and I'm seriously thinking about renting them to make this suffering impossible to ignore.
Here are a few ideas for what to put on the shelters.

1. "Chris Alexander, are you a failure at everything you do or is it just limited to your job?
2. "Chris Alexander...Resign!"
3. "Chris Alexander, why do you look like an extra from The Walking Dead?"

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Any AIPs over on the Facebook page this afternoon?

Forgot my phone at home when I went for lunch, so I can’t check….

Linden started the day off so positively, I expected a bunch more by now!!!!!

todare

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
fugaziosbourne said:
Here are a few ideas for what to put on the shelters.

1. "Chris Alexander, are you a failure at everything you do or is it just limited to your job?
2. "Chris Alexander...Resign!"
3. "Chris Alexander, why do you look like an extra from The Walking Dead?"
Too mean and unCanadian. How about "Do you want someone so bad at math running a department in the federal government?"

greg10

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
ACS said:
Any AIPs over on the Facebook page this afternoon?

Forgot my phone at home when I went for lunch, so I can't check....

Linden started the day off so positively, I expected a bunch more by now!!!!!
No one ACS,only Linden got AIP today, so depressing :-( sick and tired of this process

fugaziosbourne

Aug 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-10-2013
todare said:
Too mean and unCanadian. How about "Do you want someone so bad at math running a department in the federal government?"
Ha. I'm not Canadian(yet) so you're right about that. The guy does look like a creep, I can't be the first person who has noticed.

thegorchess

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-10-2013
fugaziosbourne said:
Ha. I'm not Canadian(yet) so you're right about that. The guy does look like a creep, I can't be the first person who has noticed.
I think you are letting your emotions guide your impression of his visage. In other words, just because he is a dink doesn’t mean he looks like a dink.

Still, guys, I am up for donating to this great cause. Let's get this train a rolling!

virk1129

Aug 26, 2014
fugaziosbourne said:
Very rightly said..if this is how it is going to continue...people be prepared for longer waiting time...i bet the waiting time will increase further ....at this pace they wont even match the 14 month mark..its definately increasing...we are helpless and cant do anyhting about it...i am happy for those who are getting aips but for the others including me its going to be a really long wait...its going to be mare than 2yrs for us to get a pr....this is disgusting, unprofessional, unethical, inhumane,. I agree there is a movement in the processing...but mind you this progress is not sufficient and will not lead anywhere... Next month the first stage will be 15 months for sure...sick and tired of this system...we are not asking for a free service..we have paid the fees.
I'm really sad and frustrated...and please lets not call this progress real progress. :mad:

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
Carlaganda23 said:
I'm not sure, but most of the people who has an implied status or out-of-status who applied online, it was never a problem unto them. It would be serious misrepresentation of you lied on your application for PR. The forms that you submitted and signed.

This is only online questions, I'm sure they will bypass that, because technically if you have a working permit in Canada and you didn't renew it after 90 days it was expired. You can never have another one unless you have to apply outside the country, the system wouldn't let them to do it. But since it is an approval of principle, it is a different story for sure.
Hmmm I called CIC they say we can't bypass the question and suggested doing a paper application.

Do you remember exactly who filled out the online WP application this way?

So people who were completely out of status were able to apply this way?

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
Linden said:
Hmmm I called CIC they say we can't bypass the question and suggested doing a paper application.

Do you remember exactly who filled out the online WP application this way?

So people who were completely out of status were able to apply this way?
I read some people who went out of status here in the forum and yes they receive their OWP no problem. I'm not sure who were they but yesi read a few of them on this forum.

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
post-kt said:
just got my Work Permit in the mail :)
Did you apply your OWP together with your PR? How many days did u wait?