03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
frenchwapiti said:
Hey Daisey, this gives hope for yours next week!!!!
I am sooo excited now. these past weeks without any progress were soooo long and I have been very depressed I must admit. This gives me new hope for a soon Aip which means OWP and being able to pick up again with "the real life" and me being part of it.
Happy and beautiful weekend to all waiting buddies :D :D :D
I'm so excited for all of us!!! :)

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
Well, it's good that we see some movement but IMO they still need to do a lot more to cover this backlog. If we assume August 6th was the farthest they got, then this still is just 1 processing day per week. To put it differently: if they keep that pace (obviously they can't for long), then December applicants like myself would see their AIP in roughly 2 years ::)

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
beholder69 said:
Well, it's good that we see some movement but IMO they still need to do a lot more to cover this backlog. If we assume August 6th was the farthest they got, then this still is just 1 processing day per week. To put it differently: if they keep that pace (obviously they can't for long), then December applicants like myself would see their AIP in roughly 2 years ::)
I'm Feb. 2014 applicant myself. I'm hoping the processing goes steady and they catch up the backlogs, it's very disappointing to see the slow paced process from the last 6 months...I hope by early next year I can go back to work and help out in our finances.

princesultan

Aug 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-13
AOR Received.
08-09-13
Med's Done....
10-05-13
Linden said:
Did you get emails for both sponsor and applicant or just one?

Have they updated your ecas yet?
Both received the email. Didn't check ecas

TorontoCouple

Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Interview........
15-01-2015
LANDED..........
15-01-2015
Well we just had a really lame experience at Service Ontario trying to get OHIP with our AIP letter.

First, the rep said "this is a printout, and it's not what we need anyway." We showed her their own document checklist that says "Confirmation from CIC that you are eligible to apply for permanent residence" (Our AIP...) She wasn't having it, and in no nice terms said she was right and we were wrong.

She got her manager involved, who appeared to say what we have is actually valid but asked the rep to 'call head office'. When we asked to speak with the manager, the rep first said "they don't have what they need, this isn't valid" (as if to teach the manager what's acceptable...)

After waiting for awhile the rep came back and said "I'm sorry but you have to visit a government office so that they can confirm this is acceptable." We still tried to point out that the letter is marked as eligible on their own checklist, and she continued to say she needed a PR card or a COPR. Then, we pointed out in the third column those two items... seperate from the AIP letter in the first column which we had that says right on it "confirmation of eligiblity to apply for permanent residence."

Anyway, sharing this with you Ontario applicants so you know not to visit any 'private' ServiceOntario locations... I don't know how to tell which one is private or government, but the 47 Sheppard Avenue one (not open Saturday's) is apparently government, and College Park one is for sure. (As sponsor got his OHIP at College Park, and they even said we only need to produce applicants AIP letter to get OHIP!!!)

Ugh, waste of an hour.

Hopefully it actually works out fine for us at a 'government' ServiceOntario location... wish us luck!!! We will post an update on Monday after visiting the one they recommended (47 Sheppard).

-TorontoCouple

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
TorontoCouple said:
Well we just had a really lame experience at Service Ontario trying to get OHIP with our AIP letter.

First, the rep said "this is a printout, and it's not what we need anyway." We showed her their own document checklist that says "Confirmation from CIC that you are eligible to apply for permanent residence" (Our AIP...) She wasn't having it, and in no nice terms said she was right and we were wrong.

She got her manager involved, who appeared to say what we have is actually valid but asked the rep to 'call head office'. When we asked to speak with the manager, the rep first said "they don't have what they need, this isn't valid" (as if to teach the manager what's acceptable...)

After waiting for awhile the rep came back and said "I'm sorry but you have to visit a government office so that they can confirm this is acceptable." We still tried to point out that the letter is marked as eligible on their own checklist, and she continued to say she needed a PR card or a COPR. Then, we pointed out in the third column those two items... seperate from the AIP letter in the first column which we had that says right on it "confirmation of eligiblity to apply for permanent residence."

Anyway, sharing this with you Ontario applicants so you know not to visit any 'private' ServiceOntario locations... I don't know how to tell which one is private or government, but the 47 Sheppard Avenue one (not open Saturday's) is apparently government, and College Park one is for sure. (As sponsor got his OHIP at College Park, and they even said we only need to produce applicants AIP letter to get OHIP!!!)

Ugh, waste of an hour.

Hopefully it actually works out fine for us at a 'government' ServiceOntario location... wish us luck!!! We will post an update on Monday after visiting the one they recommended (47 Sheppard).

-TorontoCouple
There's a large one in Aurora, next to the OPP station. Bloomington Rd I believe. They will accept it, and are govt run.

I used them to get OHIP with a LMO, no issues aside from the lame residency paper requirement (has to be mailed for some idiotic reason.. But everyone gets electronic bank statements??)

TorontoCouple

Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Interview........
15-01-2015
LANDED..........
15-01-2015
automaton82 said:
There's a large one in Aurora, next to the OPP station. Bloomington Rd I believe. They will accept it, and are govt run.

I used them to get OHIP with a LMO, no issues aside from the lame residency paper requirement (has to be mailed for some idiotic reason.. But everyone gets electronic bank statements??)
Thanks for your response and the info! Hopefully there's no issues with us using the e-mailed AIP letters. We have original bank & credit card statements that were mailed to us, and also insurance documents that were mailed.

Wish us luck, going to a government run ServiceOntario on Monday morning.

jen1975

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-03-2014....CPC-M
Med's Request
sent with application
Med's Done....
14-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2013...(DM)
LANDED..........
26-08-2014 in Montreal
islandgirl25 said:
about how long dos it take to receive the pr card? i just checked eccas and it now says "complete"
I got mines yesterday, it took 51 days for mines to come

On CIC web site it says 34 calendar days ........

seanbeck1

Aug 5, 2013
IM SO HAPPY. FINALLY GOT WHAT I THINK IS DECISION MADE!!!

I received an email saying:

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in Etobicoke will contact you concerning your permanent resident
status.

I guess i just wait for my interview date now? Does anyone know how long after DM i will receive my interview date, and how they will inform me of it (email/letter?)

SO HAPPY! I APPLIED IN MARCH 2013!!! AND I DID ALL THE PAPERWORK ON MY OWN. NO LAWYERS AT ALL. SAVED MYSELF A FORTUNE!

michaella1964

Nov 16, 2012
calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2013
AOR Received.
03-04-2013
File Transfer...
AIP 21-01-2014
Med's Request
23-01-2014
hello to ll i have a question we have OWP and they asked for a copy of his passsport but now its been 10 months in the last stage nothing is ever updated on the site still says in progress,so what now and how long more,isnt there anyone we can talk too ,the call center only told us that since he declared a child that he has no contact with they may ask for a medical,now how we are going to do that i dont know since we have no contact,with child or mother for over 4years now,and the child wont come here,its getting frustrating,looking at others being landed that applyied after us and we are still waiting for some movement we will take anything,cus its better then nothing,can someone pls help with info regarding this or guide us thanks

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
seanbeck1 said:
IM SO HAPPY. FINALLY GOT WHAT I THINK IS DECISION MADE!!!

I received an email saying:

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in Etobicoke will contact you concerning your permanent resident
status.

I guess i just wait for my interview date now? Does anyone know how long after DM i will receive my interview date, and how they will inform me of it (email/letter?)

SO HAPPY! I APPLIED IN MARCH 2013!!! AND I DID ALL THE PAPERWORK ON MY OWN. NO LAWYERS AT ALL. SAVED MYSELF A FORTUNE!
Congrats!! :)

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
TorontoCouple said:

Ugh, waste of an hour.

-TorontoCouple
We had the same problem. They wouldn't accept the email printout of AIP. We resorted to writing to the OHIP review board to get them to reverse the decision and approve the OHIP.

Screech339

TorontoCouple

Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Interview........
15-01-2015
LANDED..........
15-01-2015
screech339 said:
We had the same problem. They wouldn't accept the email printout of AIP. We resorted to writing to the OHIP review board to get them to reverse the decision and approve the OHIP.

Screech339
Thanks Screech. Did you even try and visit a large, 'public' (government run) Service Ontario? Appreciate the detail. Thanks again.