Congra !!!!! To everyone with AIP's and DM , wow now they really working

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GS_Stud said:
Hello All,

I received another email from CIC asking me to submit my fingerprint and medical test results. Did anybody went through fingerprint check? How can it be done and what is the fees? Please let me know.
It would be extremely helpful to know where you are from and which country/countries you need your police report(s) from.

For example, if you need an FBI report from The States (if you've lived there for more than 6 months since age 18), the fee is $18 and will take about 12 weeks to receive. This is in addition to whatever you have to pay to have your fingerprints taken (~ $40-$50), which can be taken anywhere in Canada.

Medical exam needs to be performed by a CIC panel physician (see their website for a list) and can cost between $250- [???]. The results are then transmitted directly to CIC from the doctor's office (if they use the e-medical system).

3september2013

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2013 re-applied April 17, 2015
AOR Received.
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
May 2014
TorontoCouple said:
:D

AIP for us today as well!!! August 2nd, 2013 applicants

We have been lurking for over a year now, and today is the day we need to return the favour of all of your input and let you know our status.

We only received the applicants AIP today, sponsor called and was told his letter should be here this week - latest Monday (but who knows!)

We were obviously hoping for DM, but as has been discussed it seems that they stopped providing the two stages together... boo!

Either way we are glad to be here, healthcare is available and the OWP is on it's way. (Paid and sent with application, along with everything else including medicals, full payments required, police certificates, etc.)

Glad to see the NDP petition, wishing the #AskAlexander tomorrow improves all of our wait times, and overall just happy to know it is moving and we finally have Stage One.

Cheers everybody, and good luck to all of those still waiting.

-TorontoCouple
Congrats! Thanks for sharing the good news!

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Congrats Toronto Couple! That is awesome news!! :)

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
I just started a separate thread for anyone who wishes to share and contribute the letters they have sent to their MP.

I know we have a bunch of good ones buried here in our Inland 2013 thread, but they are not the easiest to find.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/share-your-letters-to-mps-samples-t246688.0.html

This is in hopes that if others have an easy template to use, more ppl will come forward and contact their MPs. The more pressure: the more action. (In theory)

Thanks to anyone who wishes to share! :)

GS_Stud

Apr 6, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ponga said:
It would be extremely helpful to know where you are from and which country/countries you need your police report(s) from.

For example, if you need an FBI report from The States (if you've lived there for more than 6 months since age 18), the fee is $18 and will take about 12 weeks to receive. This is in addition to whatever you have to pay to have your fingerprints taken (~ $40-$50), which can be taken anywhere in Canada.

Medical exam needs to be performed by a CIC panel physician (see their website for a list) and can cost between $250- [???]. The results are then transmitted directly to CIC from the doctor's office (if they use the e-medical system).
Hi Ponga,

I am from India and have already submitted my police clearance both from India and from Canada when I started the application. The email specifically says only to submit fingerprint (and nothing about police verification) to RCMP.

You said that "This is in addition to whatever you have to pay to have your fingerprints taken (~ $40-$50), which can be taken anywhere in Canada." From where can I get my fingerprint done in Canada which need sot be sent to RCMP?

Guanaquito

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waiting forever :(
LANDED..........
Waiting & waiting forever
GS_Stud said:
Hi Ponga,

I am from India and have already submitted my police clearance both from India and from Canada when I started the application. The email specifically says only to submit fingerprint (and nothing about police verification) to RCMP.

You said that "This is in addition to whatever you have to pay to have your fingerprints taken (~ $40-$50), which can be taken anywhere in Canada." From where can I get my fingerprint done in Canada which need sot be sent to RCMP?
The best way to take it is at any ""Commissionaires in Canada"" make sure to select for the "digital fingerprints" it's the faster way, after 72 hrs you will get the results.
Also make sure to bring with you the letter request from CIC & two ID pieces.
This is their website:
https://www.commissionaires.ca/en/national/home

Maxician

Star Member
Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-13
AOR Received.
23-03-13
Ask the Minister of Immigration why they stopped working in our immigration category! Today in twitter, Q&A #AskAlexander
http://twitter.bumebox.com/qa/

Don't forget, don't be afraid!

fishbone17

Nov 4, 2012
TorontoCouple said:
:D

AIP for us today as well!!! August 2nd, 2013 applicants

We have been lurking for over a year now, and today is the day we need to return the favour of all of your input and let you know our status.

We only received the applicants AIP today, sponsor called and was told his letter should be here this week - latest Monday (but who knows!)

We were obviously hoping for DM, but as has been discussed it seems that they stopped providing the two stages together... boo!

Either way we are glad to be here, healthcare is available and the OWP is on it's way. (Paid and sent with application, along with everything else including medicals, full payments required, police certificates, etc.)

Glad to see the NDP petition, wishing the #AskAlexander tomorrow improves all of our wait times, and overall just happy to know it is moving and we finally have Stage One.

Cheers everybody, and good luck to all of those still waiting.

-TorontoCouple
Hello and congrats! Would you know how long it will take before you get the OWP?
I also received the approval letter and the statement saying the OWP is being processed.
Thanks!

SS.Kingston

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2013
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
Med's Request
13-01-2014 (AIP)
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
17-10-2014 (Decision Made)
Does anybody know what is Form IMM 1000 - Record of Landing?

Is this something that gets issued at interview?

Thanks!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
SS.Kingston said:
Does anybody know what is Form IMM 1000 - Record of Landing?

Is this something that gets issued at interview?

Thanks!
You would be getting a COPR at landing form 5292 or 5688. Not a record of landing.

The record of landing is used if the COPR was lost or destroyed.

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
screech339 said:
You would be getting a COPR at landing form 5292 or 5688. Not a record of landing.

The record of landing is used if the COPR was lost or destroyed.
What even is a COPR that I keep hearing about?? Is that something just for Quebec residents??

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
Your pre-PR card. Evidence that you are a PR waiting for your physical card.

ACS said:
What even is a COPR that I keep hearing about?? Is that something just for Quebec residents??

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
ACS said:
is confirmation of permanent residence... sometime search is waiting for you to use it :D

jen1975

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-03-2014....CPC-M
Med's Request
sent with application
Med's Done....
14-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2013...(DM)
LANDED..........
26-08-2014 in Montreal
ACS said:

This is something that everyone gets when they become a landing immigrant

It is the first official PARER they give you, after you get your PR card in the mail about 7 to 8 weeks