Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2014
AOR Received.
20-08-2014
Congrats to everyone that is getting AIP, even though I am a 2014 applicant I am excited when I see people getting AIP..it means they are moving past July 30 :)

alexandre1610

Star Member
Nov 26, 2013
In Quebec, when you get AIP, you can apply for RAMQ but you need to wait for 3 months. During this 3 months, u need to pay the insurance by yourself except 3 special cases (pregnancy is one of the cases). But for sure you don't need to be PR to get it. Only AIP is enough and when you get PR, you need to change your RAMQ card. My wife did it already and she has been covered from her pregnancy to delivery our baby. hope that will be clear and help :)

flange12

Star Member
Sep 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2013
AOR Received.
27-08-2013
Med's Done....
15-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13-01-2015
LANDED..........
11-03-2015
Thanks everyone! Hope AIPs start coming in quickly for everyone. It would be great to see some DMs shortly following as well :)

SS.Kingston

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2013
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
Med's Request
13-01-2014 (AIP)
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
17-10-2014 (Decision Made)
She will still have her SIN due to the implied status. Check out this link. Because you submitted OWP prior to the expiry of her post-graduate work permit, legally she can still work until a decision is made. I was in the same situation last year this time, and was able to continue working.

http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/sin/employers/expiry.shtml

If a temporary resident applies for renewal of their work or study permit and their permit expires before a decision is made, paragraph 186(u) and section 189 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulation provides them the right to continue working or studying under the same conditions, while their application for renewal is being processed, as long as they remain in Canada. This is referred as "implied status". The temporary foreign worker will have implied status until a decision is rendered by CIC.

bankerguy said:
What a headache this whole thing is..... here is what me and my partner decided.

We sent our PR and OWP app Sept 13, it was received Sept 18 2013.They're currently working on July 31st.

My common-law partners Post Graduate Work Permit expires Nov 30, 2014.

There is about a month and a half of apps before they get to ours.....most likely, her pgwp will expire before we get stage 1 approval.

Call center agents have stated numerous times that she can continue working under implied status even after her work permit expires but she will not have a valid SIN after November 30th. She read on japanese canadian immigration forums that call center agents dont always know the rules (wow...right...) and that you have to stop working once your PGWP expires... even if you have applied for PR and OWP. Otherwise they can deny you immigration because you worked illegally.

After carefully thinking about it....she has decided to stop working and she will 'volunteer' there and not get paid..but they'll hold her position. How sad is that.... We're going to have to survive on one income for however long it takes for us to get stage one approval.

I see that they moved the website forward one day this morning.... and that someone else got AIP...
maybe this is a sign that things will speed up ... I dont know... *fingers crossed*

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nurse2012 said:
It's legal to work under implied status. In my situation, I'm on mat leave. Even when my work permit expired, I still can get EI, so that means it's legal. However, whether you can work, it's up to the employer. Some employers don't understand the "implied status", they don't want things get complicated. So I suggest to talk to the HR first.

For my health card, I just want to update. After I got AIP, I went to renew health card. Because my work permit expired in August, there's a gap between that and AIP, so they can't renew the health card. I have to get a new one (same number though) with 3 months waiting period. :(
You can only work under implied status, if you are extending a work permit that can be extended. Many have reported that a PGWP cannot be extended and thus does not offer true implied status (to continue to work).

jen1975

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-03-2014....CPC-M
Med's Request
sent with application
Med's Done....
14-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2013...(DM)
LANDED..........
26-08-2014 in Montreal
alexandre1610 said:
In Quebec, when you get AIP, you can apply for RAMQ but you need to wait for 3 months. During this 3 months, u need to pay the insurance by yourself except 3 special cases (pregnancy is one of the cases). But for sure you don't need to be PR to get it. Only AIP is enough and when you get PR, you need to change your RAMQ card. My wife did it already and she has been covered from her pregnancy to delivery our baby. hope that will be clear and help :)
This is really strange to me and I am sure a few other people would agree with me

I tried getting it when I got my API & DM and was told that you have to get COPR before, now that I got my COPR I was then able to get it

I would liken to get the number for this or where did this happen

I was told different & I am a PR for the past 5 weeks

Which one of you are landed ?

The only part in this is true is having to wait 3 months , everything else is WRONG

I AM SORRY BUT PLEASE GET IT RIGHT, A LOT OF PEOPLE HERE DEPEND ON THE RIGHT INFORMATION SO DON'T GIVE FALSE INFORMATION.........

SOMETHING I KNOW FOR A FACT IS THEY NEED TO SEE THE COPR (ORIGINAL) BEFORE THEY CAN MOVE TO THE NEXT STEP .......

SS.Kingston

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2013
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
Med's Request
13-01-2014 (AIP)
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
One way around it is to apply for a typical "closed" work permit. Since it is still 1 month and a bit away, she can still get the employer to submit Labour Market Opinion. Once a LMO tracking number is issued, she can submit for the regular work permit, which will put her under implied status.

The work permit is only $150 (I think) which is fairly inexpensive considering loss of income.

The good thing about the regular work permit after PGWP is that the employer is not required to post the job ad online or prove that they have been seeking Canadian candidates before considering foreign workers. It is exempt from that requirement.

I've been through this last year and have a lot insight into this. Let me know if I can be of more help.

Ponga said:
You can only work under implied status, if you are extending a work permit that can be extended. Many have reported that a PGWP cannot be extended and thus does not offer true implied status (to continue to work).

alexandre1610

Star Member
Nov 26, 2013
jen1975 said:
This is really strange to me and I am sure a few other people would agree with me

I tried getting it when I got my API & DM and was told that you have to get COPR before, now that I got my COPR I was then able to get it

I would liken to get the number for this or where did this happen

I was told different & I am a PR for the past 5 weeks

Which one of you are landed ?

The only part in this is true is having to wait 3 months , everything else is WRONG

I AM SORRY BUT PLEASE GET IT RIGHT, A LOT OF PEOPLE HERE DEPEND ON THE RIGHT INFORMATION SO DON'T GIVE FALSE INFORMATION.........

SOMETHING I KNOW FOR A FACT IS THEY NEED TO SEE THE COPR (ORIGINAL) BEFORE THEY CAN MOVE TO THE NEXT STEP .......
She doesn't get yet her PR after waiting for 8 months from AIP but it has been 5 months already that she gets her RAMQ card. I think many people her who live in Quebec get the RAMQ after AIP. If someone who wants to get it after getting AIP, please call RAMQ and they will ask you to bring the CSQ and AIP letters in enroll http://www.ramq.gouv.qc.ca/en/contact-us/citizens/Pages/contact-us.aspx . In other provinces are the same. My wife applied it in Montreal.

We should help people here if not they would spend more money for private insurance for nothing since they can get it after holding an AIP :-*

April Fajardo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 5, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar 9, 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014
Interview........
Aug 24, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 24, 2015
flange12 said:
So my application was received August 1st.... and today... WE GOT SPONSORSHIP APPROVAL!! Hopefully the AIP email comes soon. They are officially working in August! So happy!
Congrats! Finally an August applicant gets an approval.

28january

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Brazilian Canadian said:
If she's going to volunteer for a position someone would be paid to do, she would need a work visa, as per Canadian law. So if she's going to keep working, she might just well get paid. The implied status for IEC and PGWP is very controversial, there's no official statement saying this classes of visa can not continue working on implied status. Some people continue and some don't.
Bankerguy:

What s/he said. You can get in to a lot of trouble for "volunteering" doing something Canadians can do and get paid for. After all your partner is technically taking away from Canadian labour market, even if she's not retting paid for her volunteering.

Have you heard of bridging open work permit? I'm not familiar with it but that's the route my friend is going through. At least you'll have a status, as opposed to "implied status".

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
I'm ordering my GCMS again...hope to see some updates this time...

Should I select Notes in Physical File or Electronic File??

Can anyone tell me what is the difference? Last time I asked for Electronic File?? Is it not the same??

Help ASAP…I don’t want to time out, this thing is such a pain in the behind.lol

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
anascorse said:
I can guarantee that she can keep working, even with her PGWP expired, if she applies for a new one before the one she currently has expires.
Yes her SIN will be expired, that meaning, she won't be able to get on a new job, but she can keep the one she already has.
I'm on the same situation and received a letter from CIC stating that I'll be on implied status and can keep working under the same circumstances of my previous WP.

So, apply right away for an extension, send a letter of explanation to explain the situation (that you guys are waiting on first stage of approval on your PR), and they will most likely send you the same letter they sent me.

There's a lot of confusion on what implied status means, but it's not entirely a bad thing, considering that she still has the privileges of a work permit even though it will expire.
I have heard of this letter before. Would it be possible for you to send me a copy of your letter??..you can blank out all of your personal information..i just want to read the wording of it, do you know what i mean?
thanks for your input. If i can get a letter explaining about implied status and how she CAN continue to work, then she will probably just keep working and we'll wait for AIP.

IF, we can not get a letter from the cic stating that she is covered under implied status then i will look into the advice from the power below:

SS.Kingston said:
One way around it is to apply for a typical "closed" work permit. Since it is still 1 month and a bit away, she can still get the employer to submit Labour Market Opinion. Once a LMO tracking number is issued, she can submit for the regular work permit, which will put her under implied status.

The work permit is only $150 (I think) which is fairly inexpensive considering loss of income.

The good thing about the regular work permit after PGWP is that the employer is not required to post the job ad online or prove that they have been seeking Canadian candidates before considering foreign workers. It is exempt from that requirement.

I've been through this last year and have a lot insight into this. Let me know if I can be of more help.
$150.00 is nothing. This option might be best.

Like i said above, if i cant get a letter from the CIC saying its okay for her to keep working, then we will look at maybe asking her work to do a LMO. Do you know what the process is like? is it just a form they fill out and send to the govt. You mentioned that if its a PGWP, then they dont need to even post the job online. That sounds awesome.

what costs are involved for her work to do the LMO. I know that she has to pay 150 for the closed work permit but what about her employer ..what do they pay? Obviously i/we would cover that cost since the LMO is for our benefit.

A big THANK YOU to both of the posters i quoted above... people like you make this whole process easier..... Seriously, thank you.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
ACS said:
I'm ordering my GCMS again...hope to see some updates this time...

Should I select Notes in Physical File or Electronic File??

Can anyone tell me what is the difference? Last time I asked for Electronic File?? Is it not the same??

Help ASAP...I don't want to time out, this thing is such a pain in the behind.lol
If you don't have any serious problem (like request for an interview) it is advised to order electronic notes. I believe that was what your received last time and people usually ask for. If you order the physical file, they make a physical copy of everything (so you can see some more notes than in the electronic file), but some says that this can delay the processing of your application, and surely is a pain in the officer's rear end.

SS.Kingston

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2013
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
Med's Request
13-01-2014 (AIP)
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
SHOOT. I just saw this online. The exempt for PGWP is no longer in effect... They literally cancelled that in June!!!!

http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/higher_skilled/students/index.shtml

I am so sorry... I was not aware of that until I googled it...

Talking about my experience, I was able to work for 1 months after my PGWP expired under implied status without any issues. No questions asked by CIC or Service Canada. As long as the employer is on board and is still willing to pay, I don't think there is a problem.

Although as someone indicated before, PGWP is not extendable, the OWP she submitted with her PR application can be interpreted as an application for a new work permit.

At this point, I would suggest calling CIC (though they are not of great help) and contact your local MP. At the same time, talk to her employer about posting the job ad.

But think about the bright side, CIC is processing files again. You may get AIP before her PGWP expires! That would be the happy ending!

bankerguy said:
I have heard of this letter before. Would it be possible for you to send me a copy of your letter??..you can blank out all of your personal information..i just want to read the wording of it, do you know what i mean?
thanks for your input. If i can get a letter explaining about implied status and how she CAN continue to work, then she will probably just keep working and we'll wait for AIP.

IF, we can not get a letter from the cic stating that she is covered under implied status then i will look into the advice from the power below:

$150.00 is nothing. This option might be best.

Like i said below, if i cant get a letter from the CIC saying its okay for her to keep working, then we will look at maybe asking her work to do a LMO. Do you know what the process is like? is it just a form they fill out and send to the govt. You mentioned that if its a PGWP, then they dont need to even post the job online. That sounds awesome.

what costs are involved for her work to do the LMO. I know that she has to pay 150 for the closed work permit but what about her employer ..what do they pay? Obviously i/we would cover that cost since the LMO is for our benefit.

A big THANK YOU to both of the posters i quoted above... people like you make this whole process easier..... Seriously, thank you.