August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
September 15, 2013/ Start pocessing
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
JohnnyP said:
WOW!! Congrats!!! Finally an August applicant!
How did you know your sponsor is approved if you have not received any email yet. Is it in your ecas? Congrats hopefully all August are going to get AIP'S and DM's at once.

flange12

Star Member
Sep 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2013
AOR Received.
27-08-2013
Med's Done....
15-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13-01-2015
LANDED..........
11-03-2015
Princess029 said:
How did you know your sponsor is approved if you have not received any email yet. Is it in your ecas? Congrats hopefully all August are going to get AIP'S and DM's at once.
I did get an email. Me (Sponsor) got the email that said I was eligible to sponsor. But the applicant didn't get the email yet that says they have met the requirements to apply for permanent residency. There's two emails that come in the first stage!

3september2013

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2013 re-applied April 17, 2015
AOR Received.
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
May 2014
flange12 said:
So my application was received August 1st.... and today... WE GOT SPONSORSHIP APPROVAL!! Hopefully the AIP email comes soon. They are officially working in August! So happy!
Whoop whoop!! Congrats!! Finally!!

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
flange12 said:
So my application was received August 1st.... and today... WE GOT SPONSORSHIP APPROVAL!! Hopefully the AIP email comes soon. They are officially working in August! So happy!
AAAAAUUUUUUGGGGGGUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!! This is seriously so exciting! Are things actually going to speed up? Congrats! So happy for you!

anascorse

Oct 6, 2014
bankerguy said:
What a headache this whole thing is..... here is what me and my partner decided.

We sent our PR and OWP app Sept 13, it was received Sept 18 2013.They're currently working on July 31st.

My common-law partners Post Graduate Work Permit expires Nov 30, 2014.

There is about a month and a half of apps before they get to ours.....most likely, her pgwp will expire before we get stage 1 approval.

Call center agents have stated numerous times that she can continue working under implied status even after her work permit expires but she will not have a valid SIN after November 30th. She read on japanese canadian immigration forums that call center agents dont always know the rules (wow...right...) and that you have to stop working once your PGWP expires... even if you have applied for PR and OWP. Otherwise they can deny you immigration because you worked illegally.

After carefully thinking about it....she has decided to stop working and she will 'volunteer' there and not get paid..but they'll hold her position. How sad is that.... We're going to have to survive on one income for however long it takes for us to get stage one approval.

I see that they moved the website forward one day this morning.... and that someone else got AIP...
maybe this is a sign that things will speed up ... I dont know... *fingers crossed*

I can guarantee that she can keep working, even with her PGWP expired, if she applies for a new one before the one she currently has expires.
Yes her SIN will be expired, that meaning, she won't be able to get on a new job, but she can keep the one she already has.
I'm on the same situation and received a letter from CIC stating that I'll be on implied status and can keep working under the same circumstances of my previous WP.

So, apply right away for an extension, send a letter of explanation to explain the situation (that you guys are waiting on first stage of approval on your PR), and they will most likely send you the same letter they sent me.

There's a lot of confusion on what implied status means, but it's not entirely a bad thing, considering that she still has the privileges of a work permit even though it will expire.

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
jen1975 said:
Congrats on your API but being an applicant from Quebec I am sorry to tell you that you have to get PR before you can get anything here ......... :(
I am not sure about that. according to what I was told; you can study part time French course when you will receive your CSQ.
Regarding RAMQ, you are entitle to apply for it after AIP..However,it will take them 3 months before issuing it to you.

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
flange12 said:
WOOHOO! :D Congrats! So happy to see someone from August finally seeing some good news! :)

jen1975

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-03-2014....CPC-M
Med's Request
sent with application
Med's Done....
14-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2013...(DM)
LANDED..........
26-08-2014 in Montreal
Smsm81 said:
I am not sure about that. according to what I was told; you can study part time French course when you will receive your CSQ.
Regarding RAMQ, you are entitle to apply for it after AIP..However,it will take them 3 months before issuing it to you.
Sorry to let you know but that is not true, I am 5 weeks being landed so I am telling you what I went true

The CSQ does not help you with nothing, RAMQ needs the COPR ( original) before anything can start, I try it with my API letter and was told it cannot be done also I did it again with my DM letter and was told no

It is only when you go through the system you will know how it works

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
Smsm81 said:
yes i agree with jen , i try use my DM letter to apply RAMQ and looking to study or work ... no got nothing ~ we have to wait until after landing then we can start either study , working,
once you landing become PR if you wanna go back to school then you paying same fee as canadien not international student fee . so that's good thing about it.

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
I’m going to consider the start on the August apps my bday gift!!! Hahaha ;D ;D

Come on August!!! Here we go…let’s get AT LEAST three more AIPs on the forum today.

I don’t even care if we have to wait another year for DM….just want the &^(* AIP and OWP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is where I’m getting super stressed, because it’s the time we are going to find out if we get regular processing or if we get forwarded to Etobicoke cuz of my husband’s US record and other things….arrrgggg! :eek: ???

nurse2012

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 30, 2013
AOR Received.
Aug 24, 2013
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
Jan 19, 2015
bankerguy said:
What a headache this whole thing is..... here is what me and my partner decided.

We sent our PR and OWP app Sept 13, it was received Sept 18 2013.They're currently working on July 31st.

My common-law partners Post Graduate Work Permit expires Nov 30, 2014.

There is about a month and a half of apps before they get to ours.....most likely, her pgwp will expire before we get stage 1 approval.

Call center agents have stated numerous times that she can continue working under implied status even after her work permit expires but she will not have a valid SIN after November 30th. She read on japanese canadian immigration forums that call center agents dont always know the rules (wow...right...) and that you have to stop working once your PGWP expires... even if you have applied for PR and OWP. Otherwise they can deny you immigration because you worked illegally.

After carefully thinking about it....she has decided to stop working and she will 'volunteer' there and not get paid..but they'll hold her position. How sad is that.... We're going to have to survive on one income for however long it takes for us to get stage one approval.

I see that they moved the website forward one day this morning.... and that someone else got AIP...
maybe this is a sign that things will speed up ... I dont know... *fingers crossed*
It's legal to work under implied status. In my situation, I'm on mat leave. Even when my work permit expired, I still can get EI, so that means it's legal. However, whether you can work, it's up to the employer. Some employers don't understand the "implied status", they don't want things get complicated. So I suggest to talk to the HR first.

For my health card, I just want to update. After I got AIP, I went to renew health card. Because my work permit expired in August, there's a gap between that and AIP, so they can't renew the health card. I have to get a new one (same number though) with 3 months waiting period. :(

nurse2012

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 30, 2013
AOR Received.
Aug 24, 2013
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
Jan 19, 2015
So happy to see August AIP. Hope things getting faster now.

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
ACS said:
I'm going to consider the start on the August apps my bday gift!!! Hahaha ;D ;D

Come on August!!! Here we go...let's get AT LEAST three more AIPs on the forum today.

I don't even care if we have to wait another year for DM....just want the &^(* AIP and OWP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is where I'm getting super stressed, because it's the time we are going to find out if we get regular processing or if we get forwarded to Etobicoke cuz of my husband's US record and other things....arrrgggg! :eek: ???
I totally agree, I would be willing to wait another year for DM if I could just get AIP and OWP! Just to be able to work would make things so much less stressful. I really hope we see more AIPs this week! :)

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Daizey said:
I totally agree, I would be willing to wait another year for DM if I could just get AIP and OWP! Just to be able to work would make things so much less stressful. I really hope we see more AIPs this week! :)
Exactly!!! :)

So today..let's hope we hear at least AIPs from kismetfatum, fishbone17 and princesultan. Even better to also get AIPs for you Daizey, jayshe25 and more....!! :D lol

I am hoping it starts jumping forward 1 month every week like it did back in February!!! :D