May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
nismopinoy said:
I just called the medicentre and the receptionist said my wife son't need to bring picture. Hmmmm.. is this same with upfront medical?
Yes exactly, they take your picture at the doctor's office. All you need to bring is your passport.

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
lellen said:
Yes exactly, they take your picture at the doctor's office. All you need to bring is your passport.
I can confirm, they also took mine at the doctor's office, all I needed was my passport. The best thing would be to call ahead of time to make sure of what you need to bring, every medical office might be different.

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
My common law partner applied sept last year along with a OWP.

Her PGWP expires November 30 2014.

CIC agents told me that she is covered under implied status so she can continue to work. BUT..what about medical?? she pays bc medical every month... is she still covered if her PGWP expires?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bankerguy said:
My common law partner applied sept last year along with a OWP.

Her PGWP expires November 30 2014.

CIC agents told me that she is covered under implied status so she can continue to work. BUT..what about medical?? she pays bc medical every month... is she still covered if her PGWP expires?
In theory, she was eligible for MSP as soon as CIC RECEIVED her PR application, as she was then a deemed resident. Unfortunately, only a few of us have been successful in `arguing' this eligibility with MSP.

Maxician

Star Member
Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-13
AOR Received.
23-03-13
islandgirl25 said:
it's been about 8 months for me as well, i didn't even waste time calling b/c i know what those twits will say...smh...last i called, they were still doing background checks in-canada....if the FBI can do all of this w/in 2 months...why can't canada?? the US is way more populated than canada...smh..just more red tape bull *censored word*
I read that the background and security checks include something called HIRV (Hazard, Impact, Risk and Vulnerability), which in some cases takes more than a year to clear out. They'd try to find dirty laundry anywhere in the world. Anything that could represent a risk for the conservative system of Canada... We're being watched here... I mean, maybe even HERE... Good luck!!

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
I totally didn't see but got this email 4 days ago:

CIC - Ministerial Enquiries Division/CIC - Service de renseignements ministériels <Ministerial.Enquiries.Division@cic.gc.ca>
Sep 12 (4 days ago)

to me
Dear xxxx:

The Office of the Honourable Jason Kenney, Minister of Employment and Social Development and Minister for Multiculturalism, has kindly forwarded to Mr. Chris Alexander, Canada’s Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, a copy of your email of August 5, 2014, concerning your application for permanent residence under family sponsorship class. I regret the delay in responding.

Please be assured that Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) reviews all applications objectively and consistently to ensure fair and equitable treatment of all applicants. We assess each application on its own merit against the program requirements.

We realize that those who have submitted their applications look forward to a decision being rendered within a reasonable waiting period after applying. Every effort is made to complete the processing of partner and spousal applications as quickly as possible. We make every effort to deal with the applications we receive in the most efficient and effective way. However, the many steps involved in processing an application, coupled with the volume of applications, sometimes make it difficult to conclude cases in as timely a manner as we would like.

The creation of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class promotes family unity. It allows Canadian citizens and permanent residents to sponsor their spouses or common-law partners who live with them in Canada, for permanent residence. However, Family Class category redesign aimed at faster processing of applications from spouses, common-law partners and dependent children only applies to applicants who are outside Canada. It is always in the client’s best interests to apply abroad in the prescribed manner, if possible. There are distinct disadvantages to applying from within Canada, including longer processing times, lack of status, inability to work and ineligibility for provincial/territorial health insurance coverage. For this reason, applicants are encouraged to carefully read the guide which provides important information for an applicant to consider before completing this application.

Accordingly, every effort is made to complete the processing of partner and spousal applications as quickly as possible. The sponsor must be assessed against the requirements of sponsorship and the foreign national being sponsored must be assessed against the statutory requirements of being in good health and of good character. In addition, the assessing officer must be satisfied that the applicant is admissible to Canada, and, in the case of spouses and partners, that the relationship is genuine and not entered into for immigration purposes only.

As you may know, inland processing of applications submitted by spouses or common-law partners requires an average of 13 months, from when the complete application is received, for first-stage of approval or “approval in principle”, but can be longer depending on the individual circumstances of each case. When an application for permanent residence is assessed and receives approval in principle, an application for an open work permit can then be processed and applicants may be eligible to apply for provincial/territorial health care.

Our records confirm that your application was received on April 3, 2014 and is actively being processed. Please rest assured that you will be contacted by an immigration officer if additional information is required.

Information about processing times is published and regularly updated on CIC’s website at:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp.

Thank you for writing and expressing your concerns. I trust that this information is of assistance.

Sincerely,

S. Makdessian
Ministerial Enquiries Division

This electronic address is not available for reply.

Amazingsho

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
TOR
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-2-2014
AOR Received.
4-2-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow !
azarme09 said:

CIC - Ministerial Enquiries Division/CIC - Service de renseignements ministériels <Ministerial.Enquiries.Division @ cic.gc.ca>
Sep 12 (4 days ago)

to me
Dear xxxx:

The Office of the Honourable Jason Kenney, Minister of Employment and Social Development and Minister for Multiculturalism, has kindly forwarded to Mr. Chris Alexander, Canada's Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, a copy of your email of August 5, 2014, concerning your application for permanent residence under family sponsorship class. I regret the delay in responding.

Please be assured that Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) reviews all applications objectively and consistently to ensure fair and equitable treatment of all applicants. We assess each application on its own merit against the program requirements.

We realize that those who have submitted their applications look forward to a decision being rendered within a reasonable waiting period after applying. Every effort is made to complete the processing of partner and spousal applications as quickly as possible. We make every effort to deal with the applications we receive in the most efficient and effective way. However, the many steps involved in processing an application, coupled with the volume of applications, sometimes make it difficult to conclude cases in as timely a manner as we would like.

The creation of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class promotes family unity. It allows Canadian citizens and permanent residents to sponsor their spouses or common-law partners who live with them in Canada, for permanent residence. However, Family Class category redesign aimed at faster processing of applications from spouses, common-law partners and dependent children only applies to applicants who are outside Canada. It is always in the client's best interests to apply abroad in the prescribed manner, if possible. There are distinct disadvantages to applying from within Canada, including longer processing times, lack of status, inability to work and ineligibility for provincial/territorial health insurance coverage. For this reason, applicants are encouraged to carefully read the guide which provides important information for an applicant to consider before completing this application.

Accordingly, every effort is made to complete the processing of partner and spousal applications as quickly as possible. The sponsor must be assessed against the requirements of sponsorship and the foreign national being sponsored must be assessed against the statutory requirements of being in good health and of good character. In addition, the assessing officer must be satisfied that the applicant is admissible to Canada, and, in the case of spouses and partners, that the relationship is genuine and not entered into for immigration purposes only.

As you may know, inland processing of applications submitted by spouses or common-law partners requires an average of 13 months, from when the complete application is received, for first-stage of approval or “approval in principle”, but can be longer depending on the individual circumstances of each case. When an application for permanent residence is assessed and receives approval in principle, an application for an open work permit can then be processed and applicants may be eligible to apply for provincial/territorial health care.

Our records confirm that your application was received on April 3, 2014 and is actively being processed. Please rest assured that you will be contacted by an immigration officer if additional information is required.

Information about processing times is published and regularly updated on CIC's website at:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp.

Thank you for writing and expressing your concerns. I trust that this information is of assistance.

Sincerely,

S. Makdessian
Ministerial Enquiries Division

This electronic address is not available for reply.
these irresponsible human scumbags ignores the fact of their failure on the job but only do everything they can to dodge the issue.
I am thankful that you spend time writing to them but it seems they returned to you with only lines of sentence full of lying craps :(

robytheron5506

Star Member
Mar 15, 2014
They send this same very professional letter to anyone that does inquey
they just change the average time it takes for first stage approval on the letter every
time, last time it said 11 months now 13 months.

I Think when we complain we should include these words in he complaint letter and say this is what
is said all the time but nothing is being done about it.

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--&gt; Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
It's the same e-mail I've got last week when I made the complaint my MP

azarme09 said:

CIC - Ministerial Enquiries Division/CIC - Service de renseignements ministériels <Ministerial.Enquiries.Division @ cic.gc.ca>
Sep 12 (4 days ago)

to me
Dear xxxx:

The Office of the Honourable Jason Kenney, Minister of Employment and Social Development and Minister for Multiculturalism, has kindly forwarded to Mr. Chris Alexander, Canada's Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, a copy of your email of August 5, 2014, concerning your application for permanent residence under family sponsorship class. I regret the delay in responding.

The creation of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class promotes family unity. It allows Canadian citizens and permanent residents to sponsor their spouses or common-law partners who live with them in Canada, for permanent residence. However, Family Class category redesign aimed at faster processing of applications from spouses, common-law partners and dependent children only applies to applicants who are outside Canada. It is

islandgirl25

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
Maxician said:
I read that the background and security checks include something called HIRV (Hazard, Impact, Risk and Vulnerability), which in some cases takes more than a year to clear out. They'd try to find dirty laundry anywhere in the world. Anything that could represent a risk for the conservative system of Canada... We're being watched here... I mean, maybe even HERE... Good luck!!

omgggg ??? ??? ???

PRsoon

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Received my electronic notes yesterday. As expected pretty much all blank or not started.

Question: I did my medical exams in May 2013. Is there any way I can tell from the electronic notes whether my medicals were extended or not?

All the lines related to medicals in my electronic notes say "Not started".

In case there is no way for me to find out whether my medicals were extended or not, does anybody here have experience with sending medicals without request after the application was submitted? Any tips?

Thank you in advance!

5hr3wd

Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville --&gt; CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
15-August-2013
Med's Done....
05-June-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 09-July-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 09-July-2014
LANDED..........
15-August-2014
PRsoon said:
Received my electronic notes yesterday. As expected pretty much all blank or not started.

Question: I did my medical exams in May 2013. Is there any way I can tell from the electronic notes whether my medicals were extended or not?

All the lines related to medicals in my electronic notes say "Not started".

In case there is no way for me to find out whether my medicals were extended or not, does anybody here have experience with sending medicals without request after the application was submitted? Any tips?

Thank you in advance!
No the notes won't say if they have extended it or not, they do that at the time of decision making.

And I sent them my police certificates without them asking for it, which appeared on my notes as well as the call centre confirmation. My experience says it works, since the only reason I got AIP+DM at the same time was that I acted proactively.

But ofcoures theres always a chance that they lose your documents since they're careless and inconsistent at times. You don't have much at stake though, if you do an upfront medical you can keep a copy of that just in case they lose it once.

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
September 15, 2013/ Start pocessing
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
I also ordered a note on August 18 and I received the note yesterday. I saw some dates that say last updates was January 2014. And seems their pretty much done with my sponsor and my dependant ' s part says. Medical: passed but everything on mine is on progress. I don't know I'm having trouble of understanding everything in the note.

Scarlett_R

Star Member
Nov 20, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
21-12-2013
Med's Done....
Mailed together with aplication
Hey guys, just a quick question... How do I order the notes you are talking about?

Thanks!