28-10-2014
Interview........
March 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 16, 2015
LANDED..........
March 16, 2015
yata520 said:
sorry i really can feel ur pain too , me 2 i don't have any medicare also that make me scare to go hospital each time will big bill, i think u have to get travel insurance maybe just get for 10days , but u have to wait sometime to active that insurance ~ u can't use it right the way i think gonna take more then 24 hrs. so wish this can help you
How can I have a travel insurance??what are the requirements needed?

Cjohn

Mar 9, 2014
Frignanij said:
you can get that travel insurance from every insurance company just showing your passport. I have one paying 38$ a moth.
Do you mind if I ask where you're getting your insurance from? Thanks

atticusfinch

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
15.05.2014 (after 105 days!)
Med's Done....
Sent with app
jayshe25 said:
I received CSQ and after that I send them my CSQ and until now haven't heard from them.
How frustrating, we understand how you feel. Definitely worth trying to get some private insurance, at least temporarily.

Just wondering though.. we thought once you get your CSQ, and after 3 months, you would be covered by Quebec healthcare (RAMQ).
OR
is it that you must have 1st stage (AIP) AND your CSQ to be able to have a RAMQ card.

...either way, none of the 2014 QC applicants have even received a letter to apply for CSQ yet, so we have a good wait ahead still.

(NB. if you are from Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Greece, Luxembourg, Norway, Portugal or Sweden there are some agreements that could get your healthcare covered... supposedly)

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
atticusfinch said:
How frustrating, we understand how you feel. Definitely worth trying to get some private insurance, at least temporarily.

Just wondering though.. we thought once you get your CSQ, and after 3 months, you would be covered by Quebec healthcare (RAMQ).
OR
is it that you must have 1st stage (AIP) AND your CSQ to be able to have a RAMQ card.

...either way, none of the 2014 QC applicants have even received a letter to apply for CSQ yet, so we have a good wait ahead still.

(NB. if you are from Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Greece, Luxembourg, Norway, Portugal or Sweden there are some agreements that could get your healthcare covered... supposedly)
From what our lawyer has told us (we are Quebec applicants) is that we have to wait for the 1st and 2nd stages to be done for PR, THEN it's sent to Quebec for processing. Only after Quebec is finished processing, we will get notification that our CSQ is complete and that we can apply for a RAMQ then. We're not totally certain, so we'll be looking into it further once we're getting closer to landing, but as far as what we've been told, we pretty much have to wait for CIC to finish their documentation and then send it to QC to have them process their stuff and THEN we can apply for RAMQ. And then you do have to wait the 3 months for it to take effect. Sounds like a lot of waiting, eh?

Oh, and also as a side note, I believe we actually sent in our CSQ along with our application, so I'm not sure when you would be getting the request for one.

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
Daizey said:
From what our lawyer has told us (we are Quebec applicants) is that we have to wait for the 1st and 2nd stages to be done for PR, THEN it's sent to Quebec for processing. Only after Quebec is finished processing, we will get notification that our CSQ is complete and that we can apply for a RAMQ then. We're not totally certain, so we'll be looking into it further once we're getting closer to landing, but as far as what we've been told, we pretty much have to wait for CIC to finish their documentation and then send it to QC to have them process their stuff and THEN we can apply for RAMQ. And then you do have to wait the 3 months for it to take effect. Sounds like a lot of waiting, eh?

Oh, and also as a side note, I believe we actually sent in our CSQ along with our application, so I'm not sure when you would be getting the request for one.
no ~it should be apply sent to cpc veg or cpc m then they will open AOR then will ask u to sent CSQ , then with that letter so u go apply CSQ then long wat , RAMQ only after we Landing then we can go apply then wait for 3 months then u will get RAMQ. so we have to be PR 1st then we can use landing letter to apply RAMQ . so yes alot waiting ...

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
Well, it's another week...let's hope at least the rest of our July applicants hear something this week! :)

jen1975

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-03-2014....CPC-M
Med's Request
sent with application
Med's Done....
14-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2013...(DM)
LANDED..........
26-08-2014 in Montreal
I think CIC don't want to leave July month, still working on 30th applications ........... :mad:

robytheron5506

Star Member
Mar 15, 2014
This whole cic thing is starting to get crazy, when they put the new immigration minister in charge its kind of like voting for a president who dont care about his country, and only money, and ends up screwing the country.
But no one can do something about it because he is president. I think its poor decisions that have led to this. Then again I kind of feel bad for people whos applications have been in baglogs for so long, but why not put more people in charge, I dont know tired of thinking things through not helping much, ITS JUST DRIVING ME NUTS

homeland2014

Aug 14, 2014
This is just very frustrating. We try to be positive and hope that may be next week things will change (they have to change). And week after week the same disappointment.

atticusfinch

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
15.05.2014 (after 105 days!)
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Daizey said:
From what our lawyer has told us (we are Quebec applicants) is that we have to wait for the 1st and 2nd stages to be done for PR, THEN it's sent to Quebec for processing...
yata520 said:
....then they will open AOR then will ask u to sent CSQ , then with that letter so u go apply CSQ then long wat , RAMQ only after we Landing then we can go apply then wait for 3 months then u will get RAMQ. so we have to be PR 1st then we can use landing letter to apply RAMQ . so yes alot waiting ...
Hmmm.. well keep me posted! As usual we're being given just slightly different info.
The current procedure for us is, as far as we know & from numerous calls & discussions with immigration Québec/CIC/QC forum people etc (plus after my OH spoke with them this morning!)

Apply & attach OWP application
+1-5months: Receive AOR (email)
Receive request for CSQ letter & apply (2013 applicants)
+11-12months: Recieve AIP
Access to some french language classes in QC
Receive request for CSQ letter & apply (2014 applicants)
+1-2months: Receive CSQ
Full access to french language classes in QC with CSQ
With AIP can then apply for RAMQ
Can (potentially) get immediate private company insurance through sponsor's work.
OWP should be approved soon after.
+2-3months: Receive RAMQ
...then +more time: Landing interview, PR, etc etc

**Timelines may vary ..#UnderstatementOfTheYear!

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
atticusfinch said:
Hmmm.. well keep me posted! As usual we're being given just slightly different info.
The current procedure for us is, as far as we know & from numerous calls & discussions with immigration Québec/CIC/QC forum people etc (plus after my OH spoke with them this morning!)

Apply & attach OWP application
+1-5months: Receive AOR (email)
Receive request for CSQ letter & apply (2013 applicants)
+11-12months: Recieve AIP
Access to some french language classes in QC
Receive request for CSQ letter & apply (2014 applicants)
+1-2months: Receive CSQ
Full access to french language classes in QC with CSQ
With AIP can then apply for RAMQ
Can (potentially) get immediate private company insurance through sponsor's work.
OWP should be approved soon after.
+2-3months: Receive RAMQ
...then +more time: Landing interview, PR, etc etc

**Timelines may vary ..#UnderstatementOfTheYear!
i don't know ... what i got answer is i should wait after landing then i can apply RAMQ ( i have DM)

MiriMinBC

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
CIC updated their processig times. Outland fell to just 47 days for stage 1. Inland languishing at 12 months but only working on July 2013.