+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

hshi

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
Thansk faH. We are also in BC and looking for MSP. Hope they could accept it and reinstate her MSP asap. We need it desperately
faH said:
The transfer letter was key to my getting BC MSP coverage. It did take a lot of phone calls and insistence on my part. They also were not thrilled that the transfer letter was not dated but eventually they gave in.

princesultan

Aug 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-13
AOR Received.
08-09-13
Med's Done....
10-05-13
Gaymer said:
The small date at the bottom doesn't matter. They only update when the top date is changed.
arrrghhhh

hshi

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
Hi Vortex, this is ridiculous !. Obviously , the cic transfer letter happened after your submission of spouse sponsorship application. OHIP won't accept just because there is no date on the letter? Maybe you can contact CIC call center and ask them to confirm your file being transferred to mississauga via an official letter? Just tell them OHIP does not think it as valid b/c of missing date ?
good luck

vortex said:
Exactly!
Transfer letter DID NOT have any date on it.

As I said, if it had a date, then OHIP would consider it as a valid document, that our application being in-process and a temp OHIP# could have been issued.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
vortex said:
Exactly!
Transfer letter DID NOT have any date on it.

As I said, if it had a date, then OHIP would consider it as a valid document, that our application being in-process and a temp OHIP# could have been issued.
Vortex,

OHIP is very very strict on what document they will accept for proof of "approved in principle" PR status. They will not accept a transfer letter. It doesn't prove to them that you are approved in principle for PR sponsorship. It only tells them your file is simply transferred to another location nothing more.

It would work in BC for coverage but it won't work with OHIP. You need to have an AIP letter addressed to you to qualify for OHIP. AIP letter will have an assigned date.

BTW: spousal approval addressed to your spouse does not work either as it is not addressed to you as PR applicant.

Screech339

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
robytheron5506 said:
CIC is allergic to August applications
This actually made me laugh out loud. :) It definitely feels like it!

hshi

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
screech339, this is so frustrating...
screech339 said:
Vortex,

OHIP is very very strict on what document they will accept for proof of "approved in principle" PR status. They will not accept a transfer letter. It doesn't prove to them that you are approved in principle for PR sponsorship. It only tells them your file is simply transferred to another location nothing more.

It would work in BC for coverage but it won't work with OHIP. You need to have an AIP letter addressed to you to qualify for OHIP. AIP letter will have an assigned date.

BTW: spousal approval addressed to your spouse does not work either as it is not addressed to you as PR applicant.

Screech339

SaskiaL

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2013
AOR Received.
05-02-2013
Med's Done....
??-10-2012
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP 12-11-2013 DM 22-04-2014
LANDED..........
02-07-2014
Hi everyone!

So, my immigration journey is over (at least until 2019). Today I received my PR card in the mail. It "only" took one year and 7.5 months for the whole process to unfold. My landing interview on July 2nd went smooth, and I already paid my first "Canadian" tuition (a third of the international tuition fees).

We also went to Germany for a week before the card had arrived, which was much less problematic than I expected. We showed the officer my passport and COPR and he let me in, without hassle.

I hope everyone will receive good news soon and congrats to everyone who have already gotten their status.

All the best,

Saskia

amjad3126

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Can any one on implied status can get health care if residing in Alberta and his health card expired. You reply highly appreciated.

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
amjad3126 said:
Can any one on implied status can get health care if residing in Alberta and his health card expired. You reply highly appreciated.
Not sure about Alberta but my husband was not able to get a health card in Nova Scotia when we moved here (even though he had a valid Ontario health card) because the time remaining on his work permit at the time was not at least a full year. This was after we had applied for PR. There didn't seem to be a way around this and so we just hoped that he wouldn't need to go to the doctor before our application was approved. However, he was able to get a health card as soon as he had is COPR.

This was our experience with Nova Scotia. We were able to find all the information we needed through the online portal.

I quickly looked health.alberta.ca and this is what I found regarding your question:

Residents from out of country
Canada entry documents are required to apply for AHCIP coverage

Alberta Health requires applicants to include one of the following documents from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) with your application for Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan (AHCIP) coverage:

Confirmation of permanent residence
Permanent resident card
Active work* (minimum 6 months), study* or visitor* permit for Alberta or a designation as a Convention Refugee with accompanying documentation.

*Not all Alberta permits qualify the permit holder for health care insurance coverage in Alberta.

NOTE: All applicants must intend to reside in Alberta for 12 consecutive months.
Here's the link:

http://www.health.alberta.ca/AHCIP/temporary-residents.html

jayshe25

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville,AB Transfer to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
File Transfer...
01-03-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
March 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 16, 2015
LANDED..........
March 16, 2015
Hello guys, been posting here before but I stopped because If I keep on looking on the calendar every month it feels like I'm waiting for the response for like forever.

I think I had the worst case scenario. Filed my application August 6, 2013 they received it August 8, 2013. Received a letter August 30 for a request of CSQ. (here in montreal we need that) I received CSQ and after that I send them my CSQ and until now haven't heard from them. Submitted my application together with OWP, because I'm aware that my current working permit will expire on April 2014. Now my WP is expired so I'm now in implied status. Since my WP is expired my medicare and and SIN is expired already, meaning NO Medicare, NO SIN, No Job (it means no income, no money for me.) My husband salary is only 380$ a week, he pays the bills, he pays apartment, food and medicine in case sick. Last week my husband and I are sick we had a flu so my husband had to stay at home for 4 days and not work because he's not feeling well(meaning no salary for those days). I too was not feeling well I had a bad bad flu that already affects my eyes, head etc. I had a headache,cough and colds. Plus the worst thing when toilet time it's hard for me to poo because it hurts so much and my bowel movement has BLOOD on it already, The pain is 10 out of 10 i felt that for 1 week. I want to go to the hospital's emergency room but they want me to pay for check up (400$)(No money how could I pay that) because I don't have medicare coz It's expired. I was crying so badly coz I'm afraid because something might happened to me. I called the CIC explained my situation and tell them I feel like I'm dying you can hear my voice already I'm really in a bad shape, I need to follow up my application, you know what they said I'm sorry Ma'm we can't do anything about it we can't expedite your application the only thing we can do is for you to wait. I was like Wait for what wait for me to die. Called the Medicare and they really need my AIP for me to renew my medicare, the agent felt bad for me because he heard me cry already and my voice like i feel scared that something might happened to me if not attended by a physician. What I did amd my husband did was to borrow money to random person just for me to be check by a doctor. Doctor said I had hemorrhoid and anal fissure at the same time that's why it hurts and bleed they told me that they need to remove it (operation) but since medicare is expired doctor told me that he can prescribed for the pain and we had to remove it ASAP so they told me to follow up my documents. But since immigration said they can't do anything about it, doctor said that let's see the feedback of the medicine if it would be much better and no need of operation. Thank God medication works. suppository cream, and some tucks and hemorrhoidal creme helps me feel better.

Suck with the Immigration, they want their applicant dead...

for the immigratiom better work on our application, it doesn't mean that we're here in canada you will not prioritize our application. Remember we need money to work so we can survive.

jen1975

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-03-2014....CPC-M
Med's Request
sent with application
Med's Done....
14-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2013...(DM)
LANDED..........
26-08-2014 in Montreal
jayshe25 said:
Hello guys, been posting here before but I stopped because If I keep on looking on the calendar every month it feels like I'm waiting for the response for like forever.

I think I had the worst case scenario. Filed my application August 6, 2013 they received it August 8, 2013. Received a letter August 30 for a request of CSQ. (here in montreal we need that) I received CSQ and after that I send them my CSQ and until now haven't heard from them. Submitted my application together with OWP, because I'm aware that my current working permit will expire on April 2014. Now my WP is expired so I'm now in implied status. Since my WP is expired my medicare and and SIN is expired already, meaning NO Medicare, NO SIN, No Job (it means no income, no money for me.) My husband salary is only 380$ a week, he pays the bills, he pays apartment, food and medicine in case sick. Last week my husband and I are sick we had a flu so my husband had to stay at home for 4 days and not work because he's not feeling well(meaning no salary for those days). I too was not feeling well I had a bad bad flu that already affects my eyes, head etc. I had a headache,cough and colds. Plus the worst thing when toilet time it's hard for me to poo because it hurts so much and my bowel movement has BLOOD on it already, The pain is 10 out of 10 i felt that for 1 week. I want to go to the hospital's emergency room but they want me to pay for check up (400$)(No money how could I pay that) because I don't have medicare coz It's expired. I was crying so badly coz I'm afraid because something might happened to me. I called the CIC explained my situation and tell them I feel like I'm dying you can hear my voice already I'm really in a bad shape, I need to follow up my application, you know what they said I'm sorry Ma'm we can't do anything about it we can't expedite your application the only thing we can do is for you to wait. I was like Wait for what wait for me to die. Called the Medicare and they really need my AIP for me to renew my medicare, the agent felt bad for me because he heard me cry already and my voice like i feel scared that something might happened to me if not attended by a physician. What I did amd my husband did was to borrow money to random person just for me to be check by a doctor. Doctor said I had hemorrhoid and anal fissure at the same time that's why it hurts and bleed they told me that they need to remove it (operation) but since medicare is expired doctor told me that he can prescribed for the pain and we had to remove it ASAP so they told me to follow up my documents. But since immigration said they can't do anything about it, doctor said that let's see the feedback of the medicine if it would be much better and no need of operation. Thank God medication works. suppository cream, and some tucks and hemorrhoidal creme helps me feel better.

for the immigratiom better work on our application, it doesn't mean that we're here in canada you will not prioritize our application. Remember we need money to work so we can survive.

Hi I feel your pain , I know what you are going through with immigration, but in Quebec you can only get RAMQ when you get your COPR. I tried all how to get mines but it is only this week I was able to get approve for it & still have to wait 3 months b4 I have it in my hands.

When I had my baby I had to pay for all medical bill & hospital fees, but my baby was covered by my husband

susana

Nov 4, 2008
amjad3126 said:
Alberta health care will extend it for 3 months only, if you don't have a valid immigration record after the extension period, your benefits are ussually canceled. You need to request the extension and provide proof that you applied to extend your status.

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
jayshe25 said:

sorry i really can feel ur pain too , me 2 i don't have any medicare also that make me scare to go hospital each time will big bill, i think u have to get travel insurance maybe just get for 10days , but u have to wait sometime to active that insurance ~ u can't use it right the way i think gonna take more then 24 hrs. so wish this can help you

jayshe25

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville,AB Transfer to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
File Transfer...
01-03-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
March 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 16, 2015
LANDED..........
March 16, 2015
jen1975 said:
Hi I feel your pain , I know what you are going through with immigration, but in Quebec you can only get RAMQ when you get your COPR. I tried all how to get mines but it is only this week I was able to get approve for it & still have to wait 3 months b4 I have it in my hands.

When I had my baby I had to pay for all medical bill & hospital fees, but my baby was covered by my husband
It sucks right?!? Immigration should do something now.