??-10-2012
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP 12-11-2013 DM 22-04-2014
LANDED..........
02-07-2014
computergeek said:
They will remove all your temporary status documents at the time of landing. If you are not visa exempt then you would need to obtain a PR travel document in order to return to Canada (or have someone forward your PR card to you.) If you are visa exempt, they normally do not check to see your permanent resident status.
Thank you computergeek! I am German, so I assume I can leave the country with no hassle. I will check at landing, though.

Another problem is, that we are currently buying a house, which means that I will have to change my address with CIC yet again. I hope this time they will get it right..

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
SaskiaL said:
Thank you computergeek! I am German, so I assume I can leave the country with no hassle. I will check at landing, though.
The CIC officer will tell you that you need your PR card. Legally that's true. But pragmatically speaking it's not. I flew in and out of Canada multiple times after landing and before getting my PR card. Nobody every asks to see it. When you arrive in Canada, you just need to show them your passport and COPR. They can confirm your status as a PR that way and then you're done (you have a legal right to enter Canada as a PR).

SaskiaL said:
Another problem is, that we are currently buying a house, which means that I will have to change my address with CIC yet again. I hope this time they will get it right..
Pay for forwarding until such time as you get that PR card. Or send it to a different address where you know someone you trust will receive it.

CIC doesn't handle address changes well. It seems it can take up to a year for them to update.

chinaman

Mar 8, 2014
Morning guys,

Just an update coz I received another email today said:

"We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in CIC XXX will contact you to arrange an appointment for
the finalization of your permanent resident application"

However the letter also mentioned:-

"The Right of Permanent Residence Fee in the amount of $490.00 is required before you can
become a permanent resident in Canada. The Confirmation of Permanent Residence document
will not be issued to you until this payment is made. If you have not already made this payment,
you must submit proof of this payment to this office as soon as possible via e-mail...."

I guess I dun have an set appointment date coz I didnt pay this 490??

chinaman

Mar 8, 2014
And guys, is this 490 different from the 550 that I paid when i submit my application!?

Sorry, this question might look stupid, but I m just confused. Coz lots of different fees.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chinaman said:
And guys, is this 490 different from the 550 that I paid when i submit my application!?

Sorry, this question might look stupid, but I m just confused. Coz lots of different fees.
Yes, it is.

The total cost is $1040:
$75 + $475+ $490

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
chinaman said:
Morning guys,

Just an update coz I received another email today said:

"We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in CIC XXX will contact you to arrange an appointment for
the finalization of your permanent resident application"

However the letter also mentioned:-

"The Right of Permanent Residence Fee in the amount of $490.00 is required before you can
become a permanent resident in Canada. The Confirmation of Permanent Residence document
will not be issued to you until this payment is made. If you have not already made this payment,
you must submit proof of this payment to this office as soon as possible via e-mail...."

I guess I dun have an set appointment date coz I didnt pay this 490??
Congratulations you are almost done. No one gets a date for their landing with their DM letter it comes from the local CIC office. So this is normal.

Yes you do need to pay the $490 right of permanent resident fee.

Kaylene

Oct 30, 2012
Sacha2014 said:
HI,

I was talking to my wife and we aren't sure if this is DM.

Canada Immigration Centre in Etobicoke will contact you concerning your permanent resident
status."
The hubby just received this email as well. Just curious how long does it take to hear from Etobicoke and what type of documents you recommend bringing to the interview and what will happen. So excited right now. At points it felt like we would never get here.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yata520 said:
i am getting nervous ... wish my overstay XX year issue doesn't effect me ..Q_Q ( biting nail)
? ? ?

You have overstayed for a number of years?

If so, that shouldn't impact your PR decision UNLESS you were issued a removal order but never left Canada...and have been hiding in the basement all this time. LOL!

SaskiaL

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2013
AOR Received.
05-02-2013
Med's Done....
??-10-2012
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP 12-11-2013 DM 22-04-2014
LANDED..........
02-07-2014
computergeek said:
The CIC officer will tell you that you need your PR card. Legally that's true. But pragmatically speaking it's not. I flew in and out of Canada multiple times after landing and before getting my PR card. Nobody every asks to see it. When you arrive in Canada, you just need to show them your passport and COPR. They can confirm your status as a PR that way and then you're done (you have a legal right to enter Canada as a PR).
Thanks again for your advice! Will I get the COPR at the landing interview?

computergeek said:
Or send it to a different address where you know someone you trust will receive it.
Do they ask me at the landing interview which address I want the card to be sent to? Because if so, I'd just give them my new address instead of my in-law's. If not, I'd probably need to pay to get it forwarded. Do PR cards get forwarded by Canada Post?

Maxician

Star Member
Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-13
AOR Received.
23-03-13
Hi everyone!!

I've been left behind in the timelines and I'm worried once again; March 2013 and no DM yet. :(
Is it a good momento to request my 'Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP)' file?

Thanks and good luck!

PS.: Access to information or Privacy Act??

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
yata520 said:
i am getting nervous ... wish my overstay XX year issue doesn't effect me ..Q_Q ( biting nail)
Dawlex had overstayed for like 10 years or something - they had an interview, but they got AIP in only a few months! Unless you have other red flags or had a CBSA removal order that you ignored it shouldn't be a problem.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
SaskiaL said:
Thanks again for your advice! Will I get the COPR at the landing interview?
Yes, that's the way inland works.

SaskiaL said:
Do they ask me at the landing interview which address I want the card to be sent to? Because if so, I'd just give them my new address instead of my in-law's. If not, I'd probably need to pay to get it forwarded. Do PR cards get forwarded by Canada Post?
Yes, they do ask. I'm not sure if PR cards are forwarded (I suspect they are marked "do not forward" because they don't want them delivered outside Canada.)