AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
Sacha2014 said:
HI,

I was talking to my wife and we aren't sure if this is DM.

"We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in Etobicoke will contact you concerning your permanent resident
status."

Sacha
P.S. We think it is so YAY!
Congrats everyone. So happy ang relieved to hear good news today.
Yes, this looks like a DM. Happy for all of you. Hope to hear more good news.

minime#

Aug 3, 2012
chinaman said:
Thank you for your reply and do I have to submit the AIP letter??

And can anyone who already applied for OWP tell me what is the progress like after you received your OWP.

thanks guys
Well after I received my OWP i WEnt to service Canada right away and applied for my s.i.n with id, owp and passport. Then applied for jobs easy as 123!!

RRSweet

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
sent with app
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
AIP: August 8, 2014 OWP Received August 15, 2014 Decision Made: Jan. 26, 2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2015
It's good to come on the forums and see so much good news! Congrats everyone who has received AIP ! Keep em comin CIC! :)

stellahello

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
nurse2012 said:
Congrats! Is that final DM?
I am not too sure if this is DM. But the last correspondence I got indicates as below:

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The CIC in Calgary will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.

It's hard to say this is DM as there is last step we will go over (interview). But I do believe this as "DM".

Thank you for everyone in this forum. It has been tough time for us; however finally we now see something here. Please stay strong and finger crossed.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
stellahello said:
I am not too sure if this is DM. But the last correspondence I got indicates as below:

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The CIC in Calgary will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.

It's hard to say this is DM as there is last step we will go over (interview). But I do believe this as "DM".

Thank you for everyone in this forum. It has been tough time for us; however finally we now see something here. Please stay strong and finger crossed.
Yes this is DM. Congratulations. Note the appointment they mention is your landing and the interview you mention is not really an interview they just ask the three standard questions. Its more of a formality than anything.

elphyon

Jul 23, 2010
Just received letter in mail today informing me & wife to attend an interview for confirmation in July! Application was made in June 2013, medical was in March 2014.

One thing that has me worried a bit is that my current visa (postgraduate work permit) expires 5 days before the interview. Would that matter? The letter does ask for current immigration document along with photos and passport.

Cheers and good luck all,

elphyon

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
elphyon said:
Just received letter in mail today informing me & wife to attend an interview for confirmation in July! Application was made in June 2013, medical was in March 2014.

One thing that has me worried a bit is that my current visa (postgraduate work permit) expires 5 days before the interview. Would that matter? The letter does ask for current immigration document along with photos and passport.

Cheers and good luck all,

elphyon
Do you want to keep working during those five days? If so, you should apply for a new work permit. Here's the trick: do it just before your current one expires. Sending it on paper is good as it takes them longer, but 5 days is short enough you could do it online - just don't do it any sooner than you must (and the law says "prior to expiration of your current work permit" so as long as they receive your application on or before the date it expires you are covered by implied status.)

They won't be able to process your work permit in that 5 day window. When they do finally get to your application they won't process it because as a permanent resident you are not eligible for a work permit!. And about a month later they refund the fee.

I went through this exact process. Applied for work permit renewal in August, landed in October and by the time they looked at my renewal application in November they just skipped it. Refund arrived in December.

elphyon

Jul 23, 2010
Thanks computergeek!

So were you technically under implied status at the time of your confirmation interview? Did you bring a copy of the application receipt in lieu of a valid work permit?

It seems silly to me that CIC would care about my work permit expiring 5 days before the confirmation, but I just want to cover all my bases!

Sacha2014

Feb 27, 2014
HI,

Thank you, Bankerguy, Godbewithus, Daizey, shyla36, and everyone else!

With luck, CPC-M will finally start speeding up with it's apps and everyone will see their AIP+DM in no time! Hang in there, the wait is almost over...

nurse2012

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 30, 2013
AOR Received.
Aug 24, 2013
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
Jan 19, 2015
Hi Chinaman, when you received phone call from CIC, what does the phone number look like? Is it like 1-800 number or just regular number?

SaskiaL

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2013
AOR Received.
05-02-2013
Med's Done....
??-10-2012
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP 12-11-2013 DM 22-04-2014
LANDED..........
02-07-2014
Hi everyone,

I have a couple of questions: I have my landing date next Wednesday (hooray!), but from what I've heard CIC (also) takes forever to send you your PR card. Does this mean I can't travel until I have received the card? I am currently a temporary resident with a valid student visa (until 2015) and I have a flight booked to Germany for the beginning of August. Do you think this will be a problem? Do you get a stamp or some other temporary document that indicates your new status? Do they revoke my temporary status when I receive the new status?

Thanks everyone for the insights.

Saskia

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
SaskiaL said:
Hi everyone,

I have a couple of questions: I have my landing date next Wednesday (hooray!), but from what I've heard CIC (also) takes forever to send you your PR card. Does this mean I can't travel until I have received the card? I am currently a temporary resident with a valid student visa (until 2015) and I have a flight booked to Germany for the beginning of August. Do you think this will be a problem? Do you get a stamp or some other temporary document that indicates your new status? Do they revoke my temporary status when I receive the new status?

Thanks everyone for the insights.

Saskia
They will remove all your temporary status documents at the time of landing. If you are not visa exempt then you would need to obtain a PR travel document in order to return to Canada (or have someone forward your PR card to you.) If you are visa exempt, they normally do not check to see your permanent resident status.