+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

minime#

Aug 3, 2012
Mrs_Canuck said:
Hubby just called me at work to let me know that his PR card came in the mail today! Hallelujah! Only took 99 days from the landing date. So quick! [/sarcasm]

No more dealings with immigration until citizenship and it looks like they're changing the amount of time you have to spend in Canada to 5 years very soon. So a hit of a break for us. :)
Congrats I know you have been waiting awhile for your pr card!!! Next stop citizenship ;D

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Linden said:
Ok but I dont believe people were getting the sponsor letters before. Can any senior members comment on this?

I dont think todare has received the email to the applicant so technically his AIP hasn't been issued in full...yet that is. Actually when I read the flowchart again it seems you can get sponsorship approval (after Q3) prior to AIP. AIP comes after Q4.

Anyways thanks for posting something with hard facts as opposed to speculation.
The flow chart shows that sponsor approval is in fact determined after Q3, but the letters that are sent, happens AFTER the eligibility check (basically, proof of relationship) which IS Q4.

Krinaaa

Jun 19, 2013
Hello everybody :D seems like a lot staff change at the end of the year so u guys will be on this little changes that I did notice, I hope there is somebody from Mexico , I have a question everybody who already been thought this process from Mexico say that they send 2 police certificates one from the city that they live referring to
The province and another one that the Canadian embassy in Mexico City did process for them with the PGR tha Canadian embassy send it directly to the case provessing center in canada that was processing their application, seems like there was an update on that part on dec 2013 and the instruction only says about the one that the Canadian embassy process for u and it takes 60 to 90 bussines days x_x , so I call them and tell them if was only that one , at the call center and they say yes bit the letter that CIC send to me it says like this....
Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six
months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate This must be received at this office by: 2014/08/26

""""Country / state""""" state means province in my country hope somebody can help me with that cause I'm just to send what the ask for :/ thank u

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
Ponga said:
The flow chart shows that sponsor approval is in fact determined after Q3, but the letters that are sent, happens AFTER the eligibility check (basically, proof of relationship) which IS Q4.
fair enough. So todare should get his AIP letter anytime then...theortically, b/c we all know how consistent CIC is.

todare

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
Linden said:
fair enough. So todare should get his AIP letter anytime then...theortically, b/c we all know how consistent CIC is.
Just to be evil I always thought one should consider sending an X rated dvd of yourself to them to prove your relationship..(joke)

lounge

Star Member
May 19, 2014
Hello All, am a little bit confused of this question on spouse questionnaire (Q6) Were your marriage arranged? I just need a clue. i proposed to my spouse late last yr and she informed her parents and wedding preparation started immediately and they choose the day of wedding to be this summer. can this be the answer to the above questions. And the period of cohabitation, is it the day we started staying together under one roof? it says from (yr/mm/dd) to (yr/mm/dd). can i put from the day we started living together to " DATE" or leave it blank.
Thanks al

minime#

Aug 3, 2012
lounge said:
Hello All, am a little bit confused of this question on spouse questionnaire (Q6) Were your marriage arranged? I just need a clue. i proposed to my spouse late last yr and she informed her parents and wedding preparation started immediately and they choose the day of wedding to be this summer. can this be the answer to the above questions. And the period of cohabitation, is it the day we started staying together under one roof? it says from (yr/mm/dd) to (yr/mm/dd). can i put from the day we started living together to " DATE" or leave it blank.
Thanks al
It doesn't sound like your wedding was arranged.....arranged marriages is where the parents choose the husband or wife for their children. If you still live together currently you should put the present date example living together from 2012/12/21 to 2014/06/18 that's what I did on my form

danib

Star Member
Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2013
AOR Received.
09-02-2013
File Transfer...
CSQ - 08-04-2013
Med's Request
13-11-2013
Med's Done....
18-11-2013
Passport Req..
DM - 25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
E-cas update - 28-03-2014
LANDED..........
18-06-2014 Montreal PR Card: 14-08-2014
Landing in Montreal

Hi there!
Today finally I landed in Montreal.
My appointment was at CIC - Montreal at Saint- Antoine Street e was pretty smooth and easy.
The agent that interwied us was very kind and just asked 2 things:
-If I had any criminal record in or out Canada
-If I had any dependent in or out Canada
And he asked my hubby if he agreed with sponsorship :)

There was just one problem. I cannot have my SIN yet. For some reason I have to wait till my PR Card!
He did not understand as weel why I was not sent to landing at Service Canada ( Rene -Levasque) in some kind of "massive landing" and for some reason I will have to wait for SIN. It is not a problem to me right because I will study for some months before to work, but .. :(

I would like to appreciate all the very important info and support that I got in this forum. Special thanks for MaxLet that helped me a lot and Guri for keep the timeline updated.
I also wish good luck to all of you guys that are being in this process. I hope you have a very happy life here in Canada.
All the best :)

(and Go Brazil Go in World Cup ;) )

peimum

Star Member
Mar 23, 2014
Summerside
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2013
Med's Done....
Sent with application, again on 08-01-2016
LANDED..........
16-02-2016
the waiting is the hardest part. hubby is going stir crazy. I just wish he could get his OWP so he wouldn't feel so useless.

todare

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
peimum said:
the waiting is the hardest part. hubby is going stir crazy. I just wish he could get his OWP so he wouldn't feel so useless.
same here. someone is a type A personality and wants to work!

AckTivity

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
Doc's Request.
13-01-2014 (mailed 24-01-2014)
Nomination.....
AIP: 17-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2014
Med's Done....
21-01-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
LANDED..........
23-02-2015
Daizey said:
I hate to say it, but the longer we wait for AIP and OWP, the harder it is for me to be sympathetic towards those just waiting on DM :p Happy for you though!
First of all, you haven't been waiting as long. It's been over a year since I received AOR. You haven't even waited a year yet. If anyone has whining rights, it's the people who have been waiting longer, don't you think? Talk to me when it's been over a year.

Yes, I have AIP. But that doesn't guarantee anything. I could still be told no. I could have more glitches. The waiting is difficult no matter what stage we're at because life is still on hold until we have our PR cards. I'd like to see my friends and family in the states again. I'd like to be able to travel without issue. Also, since there's almost nobody left in Vegreville, it's hard to tell if things are even moving at all which makes it that much more frustrating.

This whole competition over who has whining rights is annoying. I thought we were on here for help and support.

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
AckTivity said:
First of all, you haven't been waiting as long. It's been over a year since I received AOR. You haven't even waited a year yet. If anyone has whining rights, it's the people who have been waiting longer, don't you think? Talk to me when it's been over a year.

Yes, I have AIP. But that doesn't guarantee anything. I could still be told no. I could have more glitches. The waiting is difficult no matter what stage we're at because life is still on hold until we have our PR cards. I'd like to see my friends and family in the states again. I'd like to be able to travel without issue. Also, since there's almost nobody left in Vegreville, it's hard to tell if things are even moving at all which makes it that much more frustrating.

This whole competition over who has whining rights is annoying. I thought we were on here for help and support.
LOL whoa now, don't get so defensive! That wasn't an attack on you, I was merely expressing that I was feeling very frustrated. Sorry you took it that way. I wasn't trying to say you don't have whining rights, if you knew me personally you would know I'm not that kind of person. And secondly, I think I've been way more supportive than a lot of other people on here. :p Please don't attack me, I wasn't attacking you in the least. We're all frustrated. And actually, we submitted our application on June 3rd. Because of a form being filled out incorrectly, it moved the date to August. So yes, it's been a year for me. With no OWP. Don't start accusing people of not caring or being a whiner. Thanks for your support though, I appreciate it...

I seriously need health care, with many illnesses that I can't have treated until we get healthcare. Not to mention we want to start a family, and I'm pretty much infertile, so we need health care for that. My husband is scraping by with every penny to keep us up financially, and I can't help at all. Oh yeah, and I'd like to visit my family too. You don't have to compare, we all are having a tough time.

peimum

Star Member
Mar 23, 2014
Summerside
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2013
Med's Done....
Sent with application, again on 08-01-2016
LANDED..........
16-02-2016
todare said:
same here. someone is a type A personality and wants to work!
Ya, hubby does not like that his wife has to support him, and that he can't just go to the store and get our kids a treat. He says it's not his money to spend..... I try to explain to him that when he supported us and I was a SAHM he did not keep me from spending "his" money.

April Fajardo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 5, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar 9, 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014
Interview........
Aug 24, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 24, 2015
Is is a good idea to submit more supporting Documents to CIC even if they did not ask.
Like new apartment lease and new Insurance policy ?

RRSweet

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
sent with app
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
AIP: August 8, 2014 OWP Received August 15, 2014 Decision Made: Jan. 26, 2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2015
Hey Guys! I've been seeing a lot of us getting really frustrated with each other lately, mostly because we are on edge due to this whole process. In any case... let's all be respectful to one another and understanding, as things are very sensitive for us at this point in our lives. Money is tight, we are tired of waiting without information, we are mentally, emotionally and physically drained, most are experiencing marital issues caused by financial and other stressors, and the list goes on. That said, I believe it to be exceptionally important for us to be here for each other..as only we know what each other is going through, as many outsiders can't even begin to understand ! This whole process is dreadfully long and I'm sure we are all over it!
We may not know each other personally, but we sure have built online relationships with each other and have created a sense of community, simply because of our circumstances.
Hang in there guys ... every road has an end :)