11-06-2014
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
11-06-2014
God be with us said:
Any please??
Regarding your questions , here is what i know :

1. You'll receive a landing letter in 3-4 weeks approximate after you received your DM. It could be longer or ut could faster. It really depends on the landing office.

2. You will receive your SIN number at your landing appointment.

3. If you are in Ontario, you can apply OHIP (temporary) and driving license. Bring along your DM letter, and the Service Ontario officer will call CIC to check the validity of your DM letter. Call Service Ontario first and ask lots of questions that you need.

That is what i experienced, but it could be different :)

UKZippy

Star Member
Dec 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2013
AOR Received.
11-02-2013
Med's Request
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
Been here since 2011 - PR on 28/05/2015
Hi All,
Been a while since I posted. Had to have some further tests done due to a slightly abnormal X-Ray. After a CT scan, Bhroncospicy and blood tests, it turns out that I have a mild occurance of Sarcoid. Nothing to worry about.

The Dr will send results back to immigration and I should have my PR papers very soon....YAY!

Loving the new job and am now beggining to really get my new life on track here in Canada.

Hope you are all well!
C

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
pritha said:

1. You'll receive a landing letter in 3-4 weeks approximate after you received your DM. It could be longer or ut could faster. It really depends on the landing office.

3. If you are in Ontario, you can apply OHIP (temporary) and driving license. Bring along your DM letter, and the Service Ontario officer will call CIC to check the validity of your DM letter. Call Service Ontario first and ask lots of questions that you need.

I think for number 2, you can already bring your owp to service canada and there they will give you your temp sin number. That way you could already start working while waiting for your landing. Precisely the reason why we included owp in our app because we do not know when dm or landing would come.
Congrats to all those who got good news.

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
UKZippy said:
Hi All,
Been a while since I posted. Had to have some further tests done due to a slightly abnormal X-Ray. After a CT scan, Bhroncospicy and blood tests, it turns out that I have a mild occurance of Sarcoid. Nothing to worry about.

The Dr will send results back to immigration and I should have my PR papers very soon....YAY!

Loving the new job and am now beggining to really get my new life on track here in Canada.

Hope you are all well!
C
Great news on both front! Very happy for you.

God be with us

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
14-08-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with application
Interview........
Thankfully not reqrd
VISA ISSUED...
13-6-2014
LANDED..........
24-6-2014
frenchwapiti said:
hello God be with us, congratulations to your news! i think you can apply for it now, but not 100% sure because I am in BC. But you should be fine now that you have AIP and DM + OWP
It sounds to me as if you had the winning loto ticket (lol)
Hey, thanks so much.....it does seem unbelievable......but, now waiting for landing interview.

God Bless Us All

God be with us

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
14-08-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with application
Interview........
Thankfully not reqrd
VISA ISSUED...
13-6-2014
LANDED..........
24-6-2014
shilru said:
Congratulations God be with us....I got the landing interview date for june 23, today. You should be getting yours soon.
Hey, congratulations to u too......thanks for sharing :D

God be with us

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
14-08-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with application
Interview........
Thankfully not reqrd
VISA ISSUED...
13-6-2014
LANDED..........
24-6-2014
pritha said:

Hi Pritha , thanks for sharing.......

Oh so, I cannot apply for SIN no. As of now?

I went to service ontario yesterday for OHIP, they were not sure so will have to go the main branch on Monday.....hopefully.

Thanks dear

God be with us

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
14-08-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with application
Interview........
Thankfully not reqrd
VISA ISSUED...
13-6-2014
LANDED..........
24-6-2014
shyla36 said:
I think for number 2, you can already bring your owp to service canada and there they will give you your temp sin number. That way you could already start working while waiting for your landing. Precisely the reason why we included owp in our app because we do not know when dm or landing would come.
Congrats to all those who got good news.
Hey, thanks dear......

M a little confused over SIN no. Cz I checked with CIC, the agent asked me to check with service Canada :-X

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
God be with us said:
Hey, thanks dear......

M a little confused over SIN no. Cz I checked with CIC, the agent asked me to check with service Canada :-X
Ive read from posts here before that those who got owp brought their permit to service canada and they were given their temp sin.

sanda

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-May-2013
AOR Received.
09-May-2013
LANDED..........
15-March-2014
God be with us said:
Hey, thanks dear......

You can get temporary SIN with OWP in Service Canada.
OWP will be mailed to you in a week after AIP.

In landing interview, your OWP will be void (but you can keep working with the temp SIN) and you're supposed to get permanent SIN after your landing.
It depends on your landing office whether you can get perm SIN same time.

In my case, Vancouver office has no reception for SIN so i have to wait for PR card to apply perm SIN in Service Canada.

pritha

Star Member
Oct 8, 2012
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
AOR Received.
31-07-2013
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
14-06-2013
Interview........
11-06-2014
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
11-06-2014
April Fajardo said:
How was your interview Pritha? Can you share with us your experience. What are the questions they asked you? Did they ask for additional documents to present?
Hi April Fajardo,

My interview went really good. My appointment were at 10.45 am in Etobicoke office. We arrived there at 10 am, checked in to the receptionist telling her that we have arrived and then she said please take a seat until they call your name. The office has like 10 cubical with windows, everyone called by their name to the cubical that called them. My husband and i believed that we're the last applicant to be called. Because we're there until they closed for lunch time.

So, when they called my name to go to cubical no 6, my interviewer was a very nice old lady. She asked my passport, my photos , proof of the same address (i brought the water bill under my name), my husband ID card (my case ise his driving license), and my husband's passport. Do not give something that they didn't ask you.

The questions are :

To both of us: Are you living together?

To my husband: What is your occupation? Do you realize that you signed the undertaking agreement which that means that you have to provide her needs for 2 years since the day she become a PR and if she going to a welfare you have to pay government back for that.

To me : Have you ever been convicted a crime in Canada or any other country? Have you eer been asked to leave Canada or any other country? Do you have any other husband beside him? Do you have kids/ dependants?

That's all.. Then she gave me a piece of paper (CoPR) to check whether all of thr information is correct and spelled correctly or not along with a form that you need to fill for the SIN and also some infos about being a PR and how to apply ohip driving license etc... After that we waited to be call for my SIN.. Thats it..

Hope it gives you some imagination about the landing..

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
September 15, 2013/ Start pocessing
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
Hi guys, can anyone tell me of whats the reason why couples are being interviewed on their landing process and some are waived?
Just for my curiousity.

Thanks

April Fajardo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 5, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar 9, 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014
Interview........
Aug 24, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 24, 2015
pritha said:
Hi April Fajardo,

My interview went really good. My appointment were at 10.45 am in Etobicoke office. We arrived there at 10 am, checked in to the receptionist telling her that we have arrived and then she said please take a seat until they call your name. The office has like 10 cubical with windows, everyone called by their name to the cubical that called them. My husband and i believed that we're the last applicant to be called. Because we're there until they closed for lunch time.

So, when they called my name to go to cubical no 6, my interviewer was a very nice old lady. She asked my passport, my photos , proof of the same address (i brought the water bill under my name), my husband ID card (my case ise his driving license), and my husband's passport. Do not give something that they didn't ask you.

The questions are :

To both of us: Are you living together?

To my husband: What is your occupation? Do you realize that you signed the undertaking agreement which that means that you have to provide her needs for 2 years since the day she become a PR and if she going to a welfare you have to pay government back for that.

To me : Have you ever been convicted a crime in Canada or any other country? Have you eer been asked to leave Canada or any other country? Do you have any other husband beside him? Do you have kids/ dependants?

That's all.. Then she gave me a piece of paper (CoPR) to check whether all of thr information is correct and spelled correctly or not along with a form that you need to fill for the SIN and also some infos about being a PR and how to apply ohip driving license etc... After that we waited to be call for my SIN.. Thats it..

Hope it gives you some imagination about the landing..

Thanks for sharing your experience Pritha. I appreciate .
Hope and pray I get my turn soon.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
Princess029 said:
Hi guys, can anyone tell me of whats the reason why couples are being interviewed on their landing process and some are waived?
Just for my curiousity.

Thanks
Not sure what you mean. When landing everybody get asks the three standard questions.

Some people have an interview prior to AIP if CIC requests this. This is usually CIC having doubts on whether the applicant's relationship is genuine and there's a bit more to the interview.