09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
DM: 28-02-14
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
hockeyfan said:
Is anyone landing in Vancouver this Saturday May 31, 2014? I am according to my landing letter, but it seems weird the office is open on a Saturday.

Please let me know!

Also, I am a bit nervous, but super excited to be landing!!!

All the best,
Hey Hockeyfan!
SO WEIRD... AND SO COOL TO LAND ON SATURDAY!! :)
but if its any help... i have read few people landing saturday in a Winnipeg and Vancouver. (not this saturday :p i mean, since i check the forum!) so i guess they do work weekends! or at least once a month for landing :p... I understand how nervous you must be!!! the week of my landing i couldnt sleep at all! i was nervous, excited, double checking documents! :p hahahhaa.. but it was really smooth (at Montréal's office) Just breath and ENJOY!!!!! :) ITS OVER!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK, GOD BLESS

woodyc

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2013
AOR Received.
18-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2013
LANDED..........
24-02-2015
Hey Gang anyone have any news for CPC-M this week ?
I've kinda accepted the fact that this process is going to take a year if I'm lucky & that's probably just to get DM & be landed p.r cards seem to be mailed out months later.
I'm July 23rd 2013 applicant was hoping to be done & dusted with the whole process by now. I wish i had of applied outland.
I really hope CIC pick up the pace it used to be a pretty quick process the old inland route & we all know that CIC slack off in the summer too so that current CIC processing rate + the summer slacking could be a while yet dammit.
Does anyone actually work at CPC-M?

sanda

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-May-2013
AOR Received.
09-May-2013
LANDED..........
15-March-2014
hockeyfan said:
Is anyone landing in Vancouver this Saturday May 31, 2014? I am according to my landing letter, but it seems weird the office is open on a Saturday.

Please let me know!

Also, I am a bit nervous, but super excited to be landing!!!

All the best,
Hi hokeyfan, I landed in Vancouver office on Saturday! Don't worry, they open and there will be lots of people!
My report on landing I made before might help you!

I landed in Vancouver yesterday.
It was typical Vancouver weather – raining, but so happy to be part of residents, not temporary but permanent, in this country.
My partner and I celebrated this memorial day with sushi dinner.

I leave some points about my landing.

- My appointment was 1PM. We arrived there 10 min before.
There was a reception and I handed on the landing letter and RPRF payment receipt.

- There were a lot of people in the waiting area. All seats were taken.
There were about 60~70 people and 20~30 people came in after us.
But some of them seemed for citizenship (test or ceremony or both, I was not sure).
So I guessed PR-to-be people were around 70.

- A male officer explained about CoPR, PR card, maintaining PR in front of us.

- There were counters, 4 officers were ready, where were the place for the interview. It was not in a room, but over the counter.

- Officers called applicant's name manually, no speaker, no informational board, no such a thing.

- The PR applicants seemed all category mixed up.
I somehow thought the interview was for only family class but the girl I talked with for a while applied as a refugee.

- It took me 2 hours to be called by an officer in the counter. I guessed this is the order of reception.
The female officer was not that friendly but had professional attitude.
The interview was about for 5~10 min. It was basically same as what Mrs_Canuck reported us.

That was like this! I received a few documents including CoPR and some of them were kind of big.
I didn't want to fold the sheet so I wished I brought a bigger bag. But I eventually fold them at home to store nicely.

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
MaxLet said:
Hey Hockeyfan!
SO WEIRD... AND SO COOL TO LAND ON SATURDAY!! :)
but if its any help... i have read few people landing saturday in a Winnipeg and Vancouver. (not this saturday :p i mean, since i check the forum!) so i guess they do work weekends! or at least once a month for landing :p... I understand how nervous you must be!!! the week of my landing i couldnt sleep at all! i was nervous, excited, double checking documents! :p hahahhaa.. but it was really smooth (at Montréal's office) Just breath and ENJOY!!!!! :) ITS OVER!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK, GOD BLESS
Thanks!!! :)

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
sanda said:
Hi hokeyfan, I landed in Vancouver office on Saturday! Don't worry, they open and there will be lots of people!
My report on landing I made before might help you!
Thank you for letting me know!! Were you able to get a permanent SIN there too?

Best,

sanda

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-May-2013
AOR Received.
09-May-2013
LANDED..........
15-March-2014
hockeyfan said:
Thank you for letting me know!! Were you able to get a permanent SIN there too?

Best,
No unfortunately. There was no such a reception for SIN. I'm still waiting for PR card to be sent :(

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
woodyc said:
Hey Gang anyone have any news for CPC-M this week ?
I've kinda accepted the fact that this process is going to take a year if I'm lucky & that's probably just to get DM & be landed p.r cards seem to be mailed out months later.
I'm July 23rd 2013 applicant was hoping to be done & dusted with the whole process by now. I wish i had of applied outland.
I really hope CIC pick up the pace it used to be a pretty quick process the old inland route & we all know that CIC slack off in the summer too so that current CIC processing rate + the summer slacking could be a while yet dammit.
Does anyone actually work at CPC-M?
you are July 23 , i am July 24 applicant ... AchankengCrawford and other write email to their MP u wanna try that ?
http://www.parl.gc.ca/Default.aspx?Language=E

Enter your postal code under "Find a Member of Parliament" and away you go.

fsfh60

Apr 26, 2012
Surrey, British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
23-10-2013
naomie.df said:
Hi!

I've been reading this forum for a while, but it's the first time I post something.

I'm a December 2013 applicant, and I'm sponsoring my husband. He's an international student at Concordia in Montreal.

We recently found out that we can be exempted from the International student fees. We just had to provide them with the CSQ and we gave them 2 letters from CIC, the one confirming that they got our application and asking us ask for CSQ, and the one saying our file was transferred to Mississauga, and we were successfully exempted from the international fees. What a relief, it's gonna save us so much money.

Hope this can help somebody!

This is awesome, is there anything equivalent to this in British Columbia that you know of. I would love to go back to school and not have to pay international fees. Thank you so much

naomie.df

May 29, 2014
fsfh60 said:
This is awesome, is there anything equivalent to this in British Columbia that you know of. I would love to go back to school and not have to pay international fees. Thank you so much
Unfortunatelly I don't know about British Columbia...You can check on the universities' website! I know that in Ontario you just have to show your marriage certificate, but that's it. I hope for you there is something like that in BC!

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
bankerguy said:
So how does that work?

You were here on a temporary visa...got married and then your visa expired but you are allowed to stay?

I'm not sure about the poster's story or background, but you do NOT need to have legal status in Canada to apply for PR Inland. This is to encourage ppl who are living here illegally to apply and become legal.

My husband came on a Visitors Visa back in 2010 so our son would be born here in Canada. We decided to stay, and applied for a Visitor’s Extension before the original visa expired, and never got a reply. But since we have proof that we applied for extension and it was received, he is technically on Implied Status.

But we have the same headache of the waiting game, with me working 2 jobs, and him sitting frustrated at home, waiting, waiting, waiting…….I am lucky though…he is a great cook, and doesn’t mind keeping the house clean, and he takes great care of our son. So we try to be positive, and I’m a bit jealous that he gets the time at home with our son…..but at least we are together! That is the important part!!! :)

Jellyfishy

Star Member
Aug 14, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
17-01-2014
Finally finally finally!
I got my landing letter yesterday, landing in Vancouver on June 25th. Bad timing as I have vacation until the 22nd but oh well! Soon I can go home to see my family, I can't wait!!

bruneian

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
PCC waived, Fingerprints 06/02/14
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 2, 2014 (AIP)
AOR Received.
Aug 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
July 15, 2014 in Edmonton
Guys I just got an email from cic masking for police certificate, I asked the call center if I came here at 18 I don't need one! What do I do???

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
bruneian said:
Guys I just got an email from cic masking for police certificate, I asked the call center if I came here at 18 I don't need one! What do I do???
Give CIC a call and ask them if they made a mistake and explain you came to Canada at 18. Good news is that it looks like someone is working on your application.