Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
July 15, 2014 in Edmonton
yata520 said:
i don't know does MP will do much different . also how much gonna cost to find MP ????
Contacting your MP is absolutely free. They can inquire about your file, probably access to more information than you, I think? (please correct me if im wrong) And also the fact that you are bringing matters to the MP. Because this delay is ridiculous.

That said, I just sent my MP an e-mail with my info. Let's see.

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
bruneian said:
Contacting your MP is absolutely free. They can inquire about your file, probably access to more information than you, I think? (please correct me if im wrong) And also the fact that you are bringing matters to the MP. Because this delay is ridiculous.

That said, I just sent my MP an e-mail with my info. Let's see.
hummm should i talk to my consultant 1st be4 go find MP ? ( will even want to talk with MP that gonna be my partner go talk to them he is canadien)

lounge

Star Member
May 19, 2014
Hello everyone, i really appreciate the quick response of members here as regard any question been asked. i need an answer to this question:
I will be applying soonest but trying to gather information. i can't remember the date of birth of my parents and they are not around now to contact them. what do u guys think i can do. should i leave the space blank? Can this affect my application. Any advise will be highly appreciated

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
lounge said:
Hello everyone, i really appreciate the quick response of members here as regard any question been asked. i need an answer to this question:
I will be applying soonest but trying to gather information. i can't remember the date of birth of my parents and they are not around now to contact them. what do u guys think i can do. should i leave the space blank? Can this affect my application. Any advise will be highly appreciated
Try to fill out all spaces to the best of your knowledge. Leaving blank spaces can result in having your application returned. Do you know where they were born? Often times an embassy will have access to records and birth notices. Another option would be to ask any surviving family members if they may know.

danib

Star Member
Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2013
AOR Received.
09-02-2013
File Transfer...
CSQ - 08-04-2013
Med's Request
13-11-2013
Med's Done....
18-11-2013
Passport Req..
DM - 25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
E-cas update - 28-03-2014
LANDED..........
18-06-2014 Montreal PR Card: 14-08-2014
Almost 2 months since DM and phone call contact from Montreal office.
No landing letter, CIC isn't answering my calls..why this process can't just finish??!!! :(

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
This is the email I just sent to my MP. I could have written so much more, but I want him to actually read it (or someone in his office at least.)

"I am writing you today as a citizen of Canada and a resident of downtown Edmonton who is sponsoring my husband for Canadian Immigration under the Inland Spousal Sponsorship program.

When we committed to applying for residency for my husband, the wait time for first stage approval (and the following work permit that is granted as well as access to Alberta Health Care - most external insurance agencies will not cover someone who has been outside of their country for a year) was 6 months (with an additional 8 month wait for residency to be granted). By the time we had applied, the wait period was listed as 8 months. Unfortunately, as the CIC workers began their strike around this time last year, wait times increased to 11 months as our application sat in waiting. In January of this year (after another delay in processing applications due to prioritization of applicants affected by the typhoons in the Philippines), things started looking up and the immigration office in Vegreville started powering through applications, granting work permits to spouses of Canadians and Permanent Residents to three months worth of applicants in one month. The processing time went back down to 8 months. It has been 9 months to the day since we submitted our application.

Unfortunately, in February all applications came to a grinding halt as CIC made the decision, amidst promises that this would decrease wait times, to transfer our files and all unstarted inland sponsorship applications to Mississauga. Since this move, there has been little to no movement with applications. Processing times have increased to 10 months.

I am grateful that my husband can legally stay here with me in Canada whilst his application is being processed. That being said, spouses of temporary foreign workers, students, skilled workers, and other classes of immigrants are granted work permits with processing times as short as a few months. Why is it that this same courtesy is not granted to citizens? Our spouses should be granted work permits when CIC receives our completed application; not when our stage 1 is processed. If residency is not granted or if a relationship is deemed to be fraudulent, simply revoke the work permit. With a work permit, my husband could be a productive member of the community in Canada. He could be contributing to the economy and to growth in Canada. As it stands right now, he is a burden to the taxpayers - as a single income household with myself as the breadwinner, and my husband dependant on me our tax filings reflected this. As a degree holder, working in a well paid job in my field, I should be contributing to the tax pool; however, with the struggles of supporting our household on one income and filing joint taxes (as my husband is considered a resident for tax purposes), I am not doing my share as a Canadian and my husband is not doing his share as someone who lives in our country. This is not because we do not want to, but rather because we are not allowed to due to an unjust immigration process.

I am not asking for special treatment. I hope that whoever processes our application looks into it with rigour and in 100% confident that we are in a genuine relationship and that my husband will be a credit to the Canadian culture. I am simply requesting that spouses of Citizens and PRs be afforded the same opportunities as spouses of people applying for immigration and under other immigration classes. The move to Mississauga has slowed the process down and left many families in limbo, unable to travel (to see my sick father-in-law, in our case), unable to contribute to the economy and work, and unable to contribute to their families. Having the posted processing time continue to increase is heartbreaking, when we have been waiting for this since August 2013.

I hope you can represent myself as your constituent and the hundreds of other Canadians and their families affected by these unexpected and unwarranted delays.

Thank you."

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
At least one more person got their AOR in the 2014 thread today. Sigh.

bruneian

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
PCC waived, Fingerprints 06/02/14
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 2, 2014 (AIP)
AOR Received.
Aug 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
Hey I voiced my concern about the delay too but your letter sounds great. We live in downtown edmonton as well!

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
AchankengCrawford said:
This is the email I just sent to my MP. I could have written so much more, but I want him to actually read it (or someone in his office at least.)

"I am writing you today as a citizen of Canada and a resident of downtown Edmonton who is sponsoring my husband for Canadian Immigration under the Inland Spousal Sponsorship program.

When we committed to applying for residency for my husband, the wait time for first stage approval (and the following work permit that is granted as well as access to Alberta Health Care - most external insurance agencies will not cover someone who has been outside of their country for a year) was 6 months (with an additional 8 month wait for residency to be granted). By the time we had applied, the wait period was listed as 8 months. Unfortunately, as the CIC workers began their strike around this time last year, wait times increased to 11 months as our application sat in waiting. In January of this year (after another delay in processing applications due to prioritization of applicants affected by the typhoons in the Philippines), things started looking up and the immigration office in Vegreville started powering through applications, granting work permits to spouses of Canadians and Permanent Residents to three months worth of applicants in one month. The processing time went back down to 8 months. It has been 9 months to the day since we submitted our application.

Unfortunately, in February all applications came to a grinding halt as CIC made the decision, amidst promises that this would decrease wait times, to transfer our files and all unstarted inland sponsorship applications to Mississauga. Since this move, there has been little to no movement with applications. Processing times have increased to 10 months.

I am grateful that my husband can legally stay here with me in Canada whilst his application is being processed. That being said, spouses of temporary foreign workers, students, skilled workers, and other classes of immigrants are granted work permits with processing times as short as a few months. Why is it that this same courtesy is not granted to citizens? Our spouses should be granted work permits when CIC receives our completed application; not when our stage 1 is processed. If residency is not granted or if a relationship is deemed to be fraudulent, simply revoke the work permit. With a work permit, my husband could be a productive member of the community in Canada. He could be contributing to the economy and to growth in Canada. As it stands right now, he is a burden to the taxpayers - as a single income household with myself as the breadwinner, and my husband dependant on me our tax filings reflected this. As a degree holder, working in a well paid job in my field, I should be contributing to the tax pool; however, with the struggles of supporting our household on one income and filing joint taxes (as my husband is considered a resident for tax purposes), I am not doing my share as a Canadian and my husband is not doing his share as someone who lives in our country. This is not because we do not want to, but rather because we are not allowed to due to an unjust immigration process.

I am not asking for special treatment. I hope that whoever processes our application looks into it with rigour and in 100% confident that we are in a genuine relationship and that my husband will be a credit to the Canadian culture. I am simply requesting that spouses of Citizens and PRs be afforded the same opportunities as spouses of people applying for immigration and under other immigration classes. The move to Mississauga has slowed the process down and left many families in limbo, unable to travel (to see my sick father-in-law, in our case), unable to contribute to the economy and work, and unable to contribute to their families. Having the posted processing time continue to increase is heartbreaking, when we have been waiting for this since August 2013.

I hope you can represent myself as your constituent and the hundreds of other Canadians and their families affected by these unexpected and unwarranted delays.

Thank you."
and thank you take so much time to write this letter , wish ur MP will reply back asap too

MaxLet

May 28, 2013
Prevost, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (Now Montreal)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
CIC ask for MICC: 14-03-13
Nomination.....
CSQ: 09-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
Med's Request
07-01-14
Med's Done....
09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
DM: 28-02-14
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
danib said:
Almost 2 months since DM and phone call contact from Montreal office.
No landing letter, CIC isn't answering my calls..why this process can't just finish??!!! :(
Dear Danib, I know its hard but try to be a little more patient. You are so close to the finish line!
Remember ME TOO it took me EXACTLY 2 months (DM FEB 28th, landing letter on APRIL 28th) to receive that goddam letter!
and then i land may 15th so, technically 2 months and a half after DM...

Montreal is a slow office... so keep that in mind.. but the service in the landing appointement is great :)
you'll feel relief... seriously!

Good luck and God bless

danib

Star Member
Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2013
AOR Received.
09-02-2013
File Transfer...
CSQ - 08-04-2013
Med's Request
13-11-2013
Med's Done....
18-11-2013
Passport Req..
DM - 25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
E-cas update - 28-03-2014
LANDED..........
18-06-2014 Montreal PR Card: 14-08-2014
MaxLet said:
Dear Danib, I know its hard but try to be a little more patient. You are so close to the finish line!
Remember ME TOO it took me EXACTLY 2 months (DM FEB 28th, landing letter on APRIL 28th) to receive that goddam letter!
and then i land may 15th so, technically 2 months and a half after DM...

Montreal is a slow office... so keep that in mind.. but the service in the landing appointement is great :)
you'll feel relief... seriously!

Good luck and God bless
Oh thank you dear MaxLet for your support!! This processing is getting boring....:(
Well, now finally somebody answered me on CIC and the agent told me I will hear something from Montreal Office around July, 4th.
Ouch!! Landing letter after 3 months...ok, I will not complain it is better than nothing and I have a date at least.

Let's wait and enjoy the sunny days :)

bruneian

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
PCC waived, Fingerprints 06/02/14
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 2, 2014 (AIP)
AOR Received.
Aug 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
yata520 said:
hummm should i talk to my consultant 1st be4 go find MP ? ( will even want to talk with MP that gonna be my partner go talk to them he is canadien)
I don't see why not :) wouldn't hurt to get more opinion

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
AchankengCrawford said:

Thank you."
I pride myself on being a great letter writer, but this is the perfect letter! Well written, thoughtful, detailed, but not overly, just prefect!!! Two thumbs up! :)

God be with us

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
14-08-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with application
Interview........
Thankfully not reqrd
VISA ISSUED...
13-6-2014
LANDED..........
24-6-2014
AchankengCrawford said:

Thank you."
Hi,

It's a very well written letter. I am a July applicant, and getting very impatient now. I just can't plan anything for our future. Still trying to keep up my hopes.

God Bless Us All!!

Tuesdayc

Star Member
Nov 1, 2012
MisterBob said:
Just an update: still have not landed yet for my common-law (currently AIP). Can someone please help me with this question?

My common-law went to a Japanese agency and filled out taxes for 2012 and 2013. We've been common-law since July 2012. The Japanese agency told her she needs to fill it out as "single" because she is not landed yet.

Now this can affect her and also my taxes. I'm the only one with income and I would get more tax back if it was filled out as common-law instead of single.

I am about to do my taxes for 2012 and 2013 now and planning to fill out as common law. Any advice for this guys?
If she is in Canada, I believe you should be filing taxes together especially when she is not working. She will be able to transfer her personal amount to you such that you get a better tax refund. :) But do bear in mind that if she will be taxed on her world income when filing too.

As I was only in Canada from Oct 2012, and I was working overseas in 2012 up till Sept, I did not file with the hubby in 2012. But given that 2013 is a full year in Canada for me, we filed our taxes together such that I can transfer the personal amounts to him. I called CRA after and was told that although I am not liable for taxes for 2012 (less than 183 days), I still need to backfile for that year.

Hope this helps.