App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
Well I dont think it has much to do! The way cic works is by setting dates to review the file, so if when they review it they have everything they should issue dm!
torontomike said:
Does the fact the medicals were done after the AIP mean that it goes back to the bottom of the queue?

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
Congrats Maxlet! The same thing happened to us, except we were really early for our appointment and ended up standing in the line with the people who were waiting to take the citizenship test. :p Oops!

Guys, I'm a little confused... my husband's SIN expired before he became a PR. We were told by our interviewing agent that he could go right to the Service Canada booth in a local mall and get his SIN renewed (with a more permanent one). The guy at Service Canada said that he needed the actual PR card to get one and not just the papers that we were given at the interview to prove his PR status. So now we're waiting for hell or high water to get this stupid PR card so that he can get his SIN. Is this correct? Was the guy at Service Canada right to refuse to give my husband a SIN without the physical PR card?

nrajani_99

Feb 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
25-04-2013
LANDED..........
WAITING FOR LANDING INTERVIEW
such a relieve today.. called CIC today and they gave good news.. said the PR card is being mailed out today..
yeah great start to the weekend.

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
nrajani_99 said:
such a relieve today.. called CIC today and they gave good news.. said the PR card is being mailed out today..
yeah great start to the weekend.
Congrats! You should have it next week then! We're not too far from the CIC office in Sydney, NS where they process the cards so I'm hoping that after I get a hold of an agent (still on hold) they'll be able to tell me something good too!

EDIT: So apparently being the wife of the applicant as well as the sponsor doesn't automatically give me permission to ask about the status of a PR Card application. Though, go figure, I could call and ask about the status of PR application. My husband has to fill out a "Use of a Representative" form and then I can call back in 5-10 business days and ask my questions. I. Am. Seeing. Red. :mad:

Brazilian Canadian

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did CPC-M just processed the applications received before July 8, so people stop complaining the website says July 8???
They just updated and nothing changed.

chinaman

Mar 8, 2014
Brazilian Canadian said:
Did CPC-M just processed the applications received before July 8, so people stop complaining the website says July 8???
They just updated and nothing changed.
as expected..... CIC looks like speed up a little however I dun see there is any big different. anyhow stay positive

flange12

Star Member
Sep 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2013
AOR Received.
27-08-2013
Med's Done....
15-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13-01-2015
LANDED..........
11-03-2015
Looks like there were 2 July apps that got AIP this week... Now CPC must be in holiday long weekend mode :p ... So hopefully next week after they are well rested we'll see more good news and some movement on that dreaded July 8th!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Mrs_Canuck said:
Guys, I'm a little confused... my husband's SIN expired before he became a PR. We were told by our interviewing agent that he could go right to the Service Canada booth in a local mall and get his SIN renewed (with a more permanent one). The guy at Service Canada said that he needed the actual PR card to get one and not just the papers that we were given at the interview to prove his PR status. So now we're waiting for hell or high water to get this stupid PR card so that he can get his SIN. Is this correct? Was the guy at Service Canada right to refuse to give my husband a SIN without the physical PR card?
That is what it says on the Service Canada website (inland landing requires the PR card), though over the years many people have reported success at obtaining their permanent SIN without a PR card. I suspect if he tries a different office, he might get one next time around, though that's hardly guaranteed.

WaitingKiwi

Star Member
Aug 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
Med's Done....
18-04-2013
Mrs_Canuck said:
Congrats Maxlet! The same thing happened to us, except we were really early for our appointment and ended up standing in the line with the people who were waiting to take the citizenship test. :p Oops!

Hi, I do not think this is correct! After receiving my PR papers in Calgary I walked over to Service Canada and got my new SIN within 1/2 an hour. My SIN wasn't expired, although you wouldn't think this would matter. That sounds very frustrating, you should go back and try again =) Any idea how long until the PR card will arrive? Im 1.5 hours from the states and Cant wait to leave the country haha (Just want my freedom back)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
WaitingKiwi said:
Hi, I do not think this is correct! After receiving my PR papers in Calgary I walked over to Service Canada and got my new SIN within 1/2 an hour. My SIN wasn't expired, although you wouldn't think this would matter. That sounds very frustrating, you should go back and try again =) Any idea how long until the PR card will arrive? Im 1.5 hours from the states and Cant wait to leave the country haha (Just want my freedom back)
You don't need a PR card to visit the US via land border crossing. The PR card is really for common carriers to know that when you get to the other end you won't be refused entry (for which they get fined). Thus, if you can get to a POE, CBSA is fine with confirming your PR status. ENF 4 even describes how to confirm someone with no identification is a permanent resident!

WaitingKiwi

Star Member
Aug 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
Med's Done....
18-04-2013
computergeek said:
You don't need a PR card to visit the US via land border crossing. The PR card is really for common carriers to know that when you get to the other end you won't be refused entry (for which they get fined). Thus, if you can get to a POE, CBSA is fine with confirming your PR status. ENF 4 even describes how to confirm someone with no identification is a permanent resident!
Wow, you know so much computergeek! Yes I had assumed I was not able to as my confirmation of permanent residence IMM 5688 has stamped right through the middle NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL.

I also just found this on the cic website.

If you return to Canada in a private vehicle, such as your own car, you do not need a permanent resident card. You can use your Record of Landing (IMM 1000) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688) instead.

You would have been given these documents:

If you applied from overseas: at the same time as your visa
If you applied from within Canada: when you landed at your local visa office
An officer will ask you questions to make sure you meet all of the residency requirements before they allow you to come back to Canada.

Now Im confused, it says I can use the IMM5688 on the CIC website. Yet stamped right through the middle is the not valid for travel. Has anyone tried this and or had any problems?

cmathslu

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
AOR Received.
25-07-2013, AIP and DM Jul 11, 2014
Med's Done....
With application
LANDED..........
Waiting....
Hi guys,

I have a friend wanted to submit aplication, with all the transfer files from CPC-M, is this where she send her application or send it to CPC-V.

Thank you

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cmathslu said:
Hi guys,

I have a friend wanted to submit aplication, with all the transfer files from CPC-M, is this where she send her application or send it to CPC-V.

Thank you
She needs to send it to CPC-M as they process all applications; Outland and now Inland too.

cmathslu

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
AOR Received.
25-07-2013, AIP and DM Jul 11, 2014
Med's Done....
With application
LANDED..........
Waiting....
Ponga said:
She needs to send it to CPC-M as they process all (Outland and now Inland too) applications.
Thank you! Ponga... :)

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
CIC website update:10 months
(initial assessment)

Working on applications received on July 8, 2013

Date Modified:
2014-05-16