civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GatorSPO said:
signed the petition and also fired off an email to my MP and the Minister for Immigration expressing our distress over this processing queue.
Right on! It's time we must tell CIC we will not sit passively and let them decide our future. We pay tax. We pay application fees. We deserve a service delivery in a timely and orderly manner. The processing time should be improved and not be getting worse every week for no good reason. The transition of offices are meant to serve a better operation, not to give applicants more hassle.

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
I totally agree!!
Guys, let's act right now!

civic said:
Right on! It's time we must tell CIC we will not sit passively and let them decide our future. We pay tax. We pay application fees. We deserve a service delivery in a timely and orderly manner. The processing time should be improved and not be getting worse every week for no good reason. The transition of offices are meant to serve a better operation, not to give applicants more hassle.

lovekid

Oct 25, 2013
T.
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
September, 2013
Me and my sponsor have just signed a petition. :)

cmathslu

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
AOR Received.
25-07-2013, AIP and DM Jul 11, 2014
Med's Done....
With application
LANDED..........
Waiting....
civic said:
Folks,

Please join me in signing this petition to demand CIC to improve processing time for inland spousal sponsorship and grant sponsored spouses Open Work Permit upon Acknowledgement of Receipt instead of AIP.

http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-improve-processing-time-for-inland-spousal-sponsorship-and-grant-open-work-permit-upon-aor?utm_source=guides&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=petition_created

The result of this petition will be forwarded to the Minister and Director responsible for Immigration branch of CIC operations, as well as immigration media reporters. The more you spread this, the sooner we can reach the required number of signatures. So please help if we agree on this.

Thank you,
Sign, please sign.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
civic said:
Folks,

Please join me in signing this petition to demand CIC to improve processing time for inland spousal sponsorship and grant sponsored spouses Open Work Permit upon Acknowledgement of Receipt instead of AIP.

http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-improve-processing-time-for-inland-spousal-sponsorship-and-grant-open-work-permit-upon-aor?utm_source=guides&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=petition_created

The result of this petition will be forwarded to the Minister and Director responsible for Immigration branch of CIC operations, as well as immigration media reporters. The more you spread this, the sooner we can reach the required number of signatures. So please help if we agree on this.

Thank you,
Immigrant communities in Canada have so little power in the administrative process in this country. Sadly MPs care if the issue benefits their political interest. Under current system, we are very lonely in this multicultural country. We are what they tell us to be. Like deaf people. Please sign. Comment. Tell other fellow Canadians. Tell media. That we are a part of Canada and should be treated fairly.

cmathslu

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
AOR Received.
25-07-2013, AIP and DM Jul 11, 2014
Med's Done....
With application
LANDED..........
Waiting....
civic said:
Immigrant communities in Canada have so little power in the administrative process in this country. Sadly MPs care if the issue benefits their political interest. Under current system, we are very lonely in this multicultural country. We are what they tell us to be. Like deaf people. Please sign. Comment. Tell other fellow Canadians. Tell media. That we are a part of Canada and should be treated fairly.
This is why my friend in immigration says that they don't care our application we are not voting anyways. We pay tax hello! But if MP's got this attention for their benefit they will help in any way they can..

Thank you CiVic for this.

Go and sign Petition.I also post it to my Facebook.

Canuck*soon

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
PCC submitted March 11, 2014
AOR Received.
April 15, 2013
Med's Request
January 23, 2014
Med's Done....
March 4, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
AIP January 23, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM April 29, 2014
LANDED..........
May 29, 2014 after 14 months 3 weeks and 3 days
minime# said:
Still no landing letter :(
Still no landing letter here either :(
Praying that the Landing letter arrives giving us enough notice that my spouse can attempt to change their work schedule if they are already scheduled to work. It is very hard for them to find coverage.......

Great idea! Petition signed!

AckTivity

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
Doc's Request.
13-01-2014 (mailed 24-01-2014)
Nomination.....
AIP: 17-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2014
Med's Done....
21-01-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
LANDED..........
23-02-2015
Signed! By both myself and my wife. Also added to Facebook!

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AckTivity said:
Signed! By both myself and my wife. Also added to Facebook!
I hope our action will get their attention. In USA, Work Permits are issued to sponsored spouses within a couple months. Why a country with low unemployment rate like Canada cannot do the same?

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
Canuck*soon said:
Still no landing letter here either :(
Depending on where you are landing it may take longer to get an appointment at the landing office. Halifax has a relatively low wait time and it took 2 weeks for my husband and I to get a landing letter. Keep checking your mailboxes as it will only come via snail mail. :)

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
I think what bothers me most, is that we get no communication as to what is going on in the meantime. Okay, so files were transferred...I get that. I even am okay with things being a bit delayed while they get things straightened out. But 3 to 4 months? I would have at least appreciated an update as to what is going on. Something like "files are transferred, expected to start looking at files ____. " Or "processing delayed, but hoping to get things done and progress made by _____." Just something so we know what is going on. Like I said, I understand about delays, just hate being left in the dark, wondering when I can expect things to happen. And especially with the processing timeframe going up and up, with no explanation why, it's very frustrating.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Daizey said:
I think what bothers me most, is that we get no communication as to what is going on in the meantime. Okay, so files were transferred...I get that. I even am okay with things being a bit delayed while they get things straightened out. But 3 to 4 months? I would have at least appreciated an update as to what is going on. Something like "files are transferred, expected to start looking at files ____. " Or "processing delayed, but hoping to get things done and progress made by _____." Just something so we know what is going on. Like I said, I understand about delays, just hate being left in the dark, wondering when I can expect things to happen. And especially with the processing timeframe going up and up, with no explanation why, it's very frustrating.
Exactly! A little communication goes a lonnnnnnng way.

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
If it's taking this long... maybe they should consider hiring more people? I feel like this would solve issues. :p

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
Mrs_Canuck said:
If it's taking this long... maybe they should consider hiring more people? I feel like this would solve issues. :p
LOL, now I'm picturing like 4 people working on stacks and stacks of applications, in a tiny office, pulling their hair out. At least that makes me giggle. :D