07-07-2013
AOR Received.
25-07-2013, AIP and DM Jul 11, 2014
Med's Done....
With application
LANDED..........
Waiting....
Hilo said:
Today is my interview for my permanent resident application. my Application was transfer to the local office in Edmonton on Nov 18,2013 I hope I get AiP today
Gudluck :)

God be with us

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
14-08-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with application
Interview........
Thankfully not reqrd
VISA ISSUED...
13-6-2014
LANDED..........
24-6-2014
Hilo said:
Today is my interview for my permanent resident application. my Application was transfer to the local office in Edmonton on Nov 18,2013 I hope I get AiP today
All the very best Hilo......u will get your AIP today.

chinaman

Mar 8, 2014
Sept 11 2013 said:
Totally agreed!!!
Yeah totally agreed, CIC even let the spouse of students and other work visa holders to apply for OWP right away without that much wait, then why the spouse of a citizen has to wait this long to enter to work force. I am not saying the whole process to become shorter but at least the AIP and work part can be shorter.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chinaman said:
Yeah totally agreed, CIC even let the spouse of students and other work visa holders to apply for OWP right away without that much wait, then why the spouse of a citizen has to wait this long to enter to work force. I am not saying the whole process to become shorter but at least the AIP and work part can be shorter.
I can understand why AIP takes so long, because it is more than just the approval of the sponsor (unlike SA, or stage 1 approval for an Outland applicant). AIP also includes verification of the relationship, or at least that it passes their initial assessment of the relationship. Why the OWP has to be tied to AIP, must be a heavily guarded secret by CIC.

vaida

Oct 10, 2013
Thanks cmathslu!! I guess I should apply right away although it's too late already. I am trying to fill out the application now, but there's a box where I have to state my status in Canada, and since my last work permit expired in April 30 it's due date already. So I don't know what to write in there :(

Brazilian Canadian

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

Just a random question. Anyone had invite family our friends to come visit during the implied status? What documents did you send as proof of status?
Sometimes can be hard for someone to get a visitor visa, I am from a country that needs visas granted before you enter Canada.

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
Brazilian Canadian said:
Hi guys,

Just a random question. Anyone had invite family our friends to come visit during the implied status? What documents did you send as proof of status?
Sometimes can be hard for someone to get a visitor visa, I am from a country that needs visas granted before you enter Canada.
My husband's family came to visit from Turkey for a month. They only needed the documentation that was needed for their country, which in this case was a visitor/tourist visa at a cost. Your family needs one as well, as you mentioned. They can apply online for one:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/apply-how.asp

Since you are not going outside of the country, there is no need to provide any proof that you are on implied status.

cmathslu

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
With application
LANDED..........
Waiting....
vaida said:
Thanks cmathslu!! I guess I should apply right away although it's too late already. I am trying to fill out the application now, but there's a box where I have to state my status in Canada, and since my last work permit expired in April 30 it's due date already. So I don't know what to write in there :(
Your welcome, I don't know if still ok to put it as post graduate work permit, then specify expired in April. Apply online better and faster.

vaida

Oct 10, 2013
cmathslu, I am trying to do online application already, going through the questionnaire, but after I answer all questions and I have to press continue it says error the page unavailable, maybe 20 times the same!! this is frustrating, my own fault I didn't think of that before :( :(

Rusalka

Star Member
Dec 4, 2013
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please help me with advice!!! ???

How to receive Canadian (BC) driving license when you are waiting for PR? ???

I have multiple visa, which will be expired this November together with my passport.
I am Russian, moved with my husband (Canadian) and our two children(now three) (Canadians) to Vancouver last July.
Then we left to USA in December for 3 weeks and from December 30th my visit began to count next 6 months.
We applied for Sposorship and my Permanent Residence at the end of January.
I am driving all the time (mostly like soccer Mum) with my Russian licence, which I can use for 6 months as tourist.
6 months are expired on June,30 th. And what to do??? :eek:
PLEASE ADVISE!!!
Will they give me BC driving license if I am not resident???

cmathslu

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
With application
LANDED..........
Waiting....
vaida said:
cmathslu, I am trying to do online application already, going through the questionnaire, but after I answer all questions and I have to press continue it says error the page unavailable, maybe 20 times the same!! this is frustrating, my own fault I didn't think of that before :( :(
Usually if u press continue and you did not fill up or you did wrong answer ( numeric or letter) important Question it will be highlighted. I think if you are applying online there's a time limit to fill out the application. I don't know why it saying that.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Rusalka said:

I have multiple visa, which will be expired this November together with my passport.
I am Russian, moved with my husband (Canadian) and our two children(now three) (Canadians) to Vancouver last July.
Then we left to USA in December for 3 weeks and from December 30th my visit began to count next 6 months.
I am driving all the time (mostly like soccer Mum) with my Russian licence, which I can use for 6 months as tourist.
PLEASE ADVISE!!!
You can get temporary / interim licence. There is a forum about this:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/bc-inlanders-thread-t184207.0.html

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rusalka said:

PLEASE ADVISE!!!
Start here:
http://www.icbc.com/driver-licensing/moving-bc/other-country

Then here, to see what identification you will need:
http://www.icbc.com/driver-licensing/visit-dl-office/accepted-id#
(looks like your current visitor visa may work)

Good luck!

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
Does anyone know the answer to the driver's license for Alberta?