AIP Feb 17, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM April 9, 2014
LANDED..........
May 23, 2014
yantaicalgary said:
Hello guys!
I want to say I received DM just a few minutes ago! OMG, so excited! :p
Congrs.... I hope i get my dm soon too..? Did they ask for pcc from u or only medical

yantaicalgary

Nov 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
Oct 3,2014
kaira1 said:
Congrs.... I hope i get my dm soon too..? Did they ask for pcc from u or only medical
medical only, but I sent PCC with the application. Yah, I think they start to work on those Application before July. Good luck and god bless us!

woodyc

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2013
AOR Received.
18-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2013
LANDED..........
24-02-2015
yantaicalgary said:
Hello guys!
I want to say I received DM just a few minutes ago! OMG, so excited! :p
Congrats!

Taylor-Hall

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi - My Mom sponsored me inland December 2013. Everything was sent in, medical, police report, etc. EXCEPT the application for an OWP (our oversight). She has been notified by letter that her sponsorship has met the requirements and my file has been sent to the processing office in London. I have been granted a visitor's visa to stay until February 2014. We sent in an application for an OWP in February once we were notified that the application had been accepted and the papers were sent off and included copies of letters we had received. They emailed me yesterday saying that the OWP has been refused. Did we send it in too early?? At what point in the process can I apply for an OWP?? Thanks for your input.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Taylor-Hall said:
Hi - My Mom sponsored me inland December 2013. Everything was sent in, medical, police report, etc. EXCEPT the application for an OWP (our oversight). She has been notified by letter that her sponsorship has met the requirements and my file has been sent to the processing office in London. I have been granted a visitor's visa to stay until February 2014. We sent in an application for an OWP in February once we were notified that the application had been accepted and the papers were sent off and included copies of letters we had received. They emailed me yesterday saying that the OWP has been refused. Did we send it in too early?? At what point in the process can I apply for an OWP?? Thanks for your input.
are you sure it is an inland application? AIP for inland aren't sent so early. it takes around 8 months. since you mentioned London, i believe it is an outland application, in which case you won't get an OWP.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Taylor-Hall said:
If your application has been sent to the London VO, that must mean that you are an Outland applicant, correct?
Outland applicants are not eligible for an OWP in conjunction with a sponsorship application. You would need to qualify for an OWP by some other means.

So if you are an Outland applicant now in Canada without status (unless you meant to say Feb 2015), you might need to leave and re-enter, or...hide in the basement and hope for the best! (kidding...sort of)

Taylor-Hall

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry, it's February 2015, so no basement for me! We sent it in while I was here on a student visa which expired at the end of November 2013. I have not left Canada. So would it be an outland or inland application? I'm confused.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
both are submitted in Canada. Mississauga, ON to be exact. depends on the form set and documentation you submitted. actually at the time, inland was handled by the Vegreville office. Do you remember if the application was sent to Ontario or Alberta?

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
then based on your timeline, it is definitely outland. unfortunately you will have to visit London in the near future to complete the process.

vegreville was accepting inland applications till jan 16, 2014.

chinaman

Mar 8, 2014
Sept 11 2013 said:
Called CIC yesterday regarding my application, and the guy said u should hear this month cant wait :) AOR August 21, 2013
They is gd to hear! I do think they are working, just how fast does it take for them to go thu a file... Lets keep the hope.. gd day y'all

Taylor-Hall

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chakrab said:
then based on your timeline, it is definitely outland. unfortunately you will have to visit London in the near future to complete the process.

vegreville was accepting inland applications till jan 16, 2014.
Can you tell me more about this? The processing time is 11 months so I'm calculating October 2014. Do I have to go back to London for an interview? Or to re-enter? Any idea when this would be necessary?

Secondly, what's the difference between inland and outland. I thought inland was applications from within Canada and outland were applications from outside Canada. Is the application considered outland even if I'm here in Canada?

Thanks.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
both applications need to be submitted in canada by the sponsor. for outland application, the sponsorship evaluation is done in canada first (takes around a month) and then the documents are sent over to the local office for evaluating the dependent. for inland, the whole processing is done in canada.

if you have an open file in London, you may be receiving instructions at your local address in UK from the visa office. they may ask you to submit your passport along with PCC, medical reports from london.

you can check here for details
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-how.asp

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
Taylor-Hall said:
Can you tell me more about this? The processing time is 11 months so I'm calculating October 2014. Do I have to go back to London for an interview? Or to re-enter? Any idea when this would be necessary?

Secondly, what's the difference between inland and outland. I thought inland was applications from within Canada and outland were applications from outside Canada. Is the application considered outland even if I'm here in Canada?

Thanks.
Inland and Outland are different applications and have slightly different forms. Did you complete the application yourself?