+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
Taylor-Hall said:
Hi - My Mom sponsored me inland December 2013. Everything was sent in, medical, police report, etc. EXCEPT the application for an OWP (our oversight). She has been notified by letter that her sponsorship has met the requirements and my file has been sent to the processing office in London. I have been granted a visitor's visa to stay until February 2014. We sent in an application for an OWP in February once we were notified that the application had been accepted and the papers were sent off and included copies of letters we had received. They emailed me yesterday saying that the OWP has been refused. Did we send it in too early?? At what point in the process can I apply for an OWP?? Thanks for your input.
You are from the UK? Right. If you want to stay in Canada and start working. Why not apply for a Working Holiday Visa? The processing time is a lot shorter than applying for sponsorship and is easy to get. If you're from England I believe you can have a working holiday visa for two years.

greg10

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Hi everyone, I am planning to submit new additional evidences that proves our relationship is genuine, and I am just wondering what mailing address will I use? My file was transferred to Cpc M from vegreville, I am september applicant, hoping guys you can help me with this, thanks

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chakrab said:
then based on your timeline, it is definitely outland. unfortunately you will have to visit London in the near future to complete the process.

vegreville was accepting inland applications till jan 16, 2014.
That's not true. He MAY have an interview, in which case he would have to go to London.

Not every applicant has to attend an interview in their home country if applying Outland.

Taylor-Hall

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'll check on the Working Holiday Visa and see if I can apply from inside Canada. Still need sponsorship to become a permanent resident. Just not used to not working for so many months. Would I be able to volunteer?

Taylor-Hall

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ponga said:
That's not true. He MAY have an interview, in which case he would have to go to London.

Not every applicant has to attend an interview in their home country if applying Outland.
That's good to know because I no longer have a residential address in the U.K. all or most of my family is over here and I have no reason to go back so it would just be extra $$$s.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Taylor-Hall said:
That's good to know because I no longer have a residential address in the U.K. all or most of my family is over here and I have no reason to go back so it would just be extra $$$s.
The bottom line is that you need to find out whether you filed an Inland application (In-Canada sponsorship) or an Outland application. That should be easy for you (or your mother) to determine, right?!

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ponga said:

wouldn't he need to submit his passport in london though? how else would he get the immigrant visa?

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
Taylor-Hall said:
I'll check on the Working Holiday Visa and see if I can apply from inside Canada. Still need sponsorship to become a permanent resident. Just not used to not working for so many months. Would I be able to volunteer?
You can volunteer, but with a working holiday visa you can work again and still have your PR application in process. I believe you can apply from inside Canada; though the only thing is you have to cross the border to activate your working holiday visa. Are you a UK citizen?

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
chakrab said:
wouldn't he need to submit his passport in london though? how else would he get the immigrant visa?
I don't think so. People apply outland from Canada all the time. You complete your landing at a POE in Canada.

Taylor-Hall

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Linden said:
You can volunteer, but with a working holiday visa you can work again and still have your PR application in process. I believe you can apply from inside Canada; though the only thing is you have to cross the border to activate your working holiday visa. Are you a UK citizen?
I have dual citizenship British & Jamaican. They called and asked my Mom where she wanted the papers processed she asked them which was faster and they said London so she had them sent there. It's 11 months as opposed to 22 months, big difference.

Taylor-Hall

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ponga said:
The bottom line is that you need to find out whether you filed an Inland application (In-Canada sponsorship) or an Outland application. That should be easy for you (or your mother) to determine, right?!
Will have a look at the copy we made. For some reason I believed it was inland, but I could be wrong.

Taylor-Hall

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
azarme09 said:
It would be helpful if you guys can also update your status on the spreadsheet, pls! :)
Is the spreadsheet for all applicants, or inland only. I maybe in the wrong forum.
If this applies to me where do I find this spreadsheet?

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
yantaicalgary said:
Hello guys!
I want to say I received DM just a few minutes ago! OMG, so excited! :p
congratulations yantaicalgary. that is quite a good news to share :)