09-01-2014
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
AIP: 23-03-2014
ortom said:
Sorry but I have to disagree. I've been working with a temp for about 5 years now and never had a problem being hired or being taken seriously by employers. Keep in mind that a work permit entitles you to all the rights that a worker having citizenship has. At the same time, all an employer will ask is if you are allowed to work legally in canada, to which you say yes and you do not have to disclose anything past that until you are hired, at which time you can provide your work permit if asked.
I agree except for one.. Our SIN starts with a 9. In my personal experience, I went as far as submitting docs like police clearance and so forth. As soon as I sent my SIN thru email, I received a reply saying they're sorry but they're not hiring temp foreign workers. Well back then, I was on a restricted one so obviously I didn't get the position. This time I know I can enlighten them with my open work permit despite of an SIN with a 9.

mrsc08

Star Member
May 26, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2013
Doc's Request.
09-01-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2013
Med's Request
09-01-2014
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
AIP: 23-03-2014
frenchwapiti said:
waouh, congrats mrsc08! that is amazing news, when we feel the most desperate, life gives us the most beautiful gifts. good luck for your interview on friday.
Thanks so much!!! ;D

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Have we heard of ANYONE yet with any news, AIP, DM, etc. from CPC-M (the Mississauga office, after the transfer?)

I am DYING to see that date move from June 25th online….

I KNOW we here on the forum do not represent all applicants, however I’m pretty sure we have a large enough cross section here, that if we haven’t had any news from anyone, we are not going to see the date move again. :(

This is the first time I haven’t been 100% positive about the date moving, I have always been positive and optimistic, but now it’s catching up to me and I’m starting to get REALLY down for the first time in this whole process. *sigh* I guess we all have those days, right?!? That’s why it’s nice to have friendly ppl in the same situation here on the forum, you are the ones who truly understand….

sage81

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC V to CPC M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
04-10-2013
The waiting game is stressful but not as stressful as our newborn ;D ;D ;D,..at this point in our lives CIC anxiety has took couple steps back for more important things. Get yourself involve in events, voluntary job, get pumped up i.e gym, or sleep. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D

bruneian

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
PCC waived, Fingerprints 06/02/14
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 2, 2014 (AIP)
AOR Received.
Aug 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
July 15, 2014 in Edmonton
Harmin, I feel the same way about my beautiful country as well!! I was so glad I went back, it was amazing. I didnt go to a lot of places unfortunately the flight from the US got delayed for a day and we also went to thailand and malaysia and my home country as well. In sg, we went to orchard rd and marina bays and the flyer and last day we went to vivo city broadwalk. we had lots of yummy food though, Ive gained lots of weight but its worth it!

ACS, I am the same way, been checking like mad since Im back last week. But got zilch from CIC, and no updates from ecas even (no surprise there). I wonder how long it takes for them to "move" all the files. Ive seen that 2014 people hasnt gotten their AOR either since jan. I am about 2 weeks past my "8 month" mark so yah.

danib

Star Member
Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2013
AOR Received.
09-02-2013
File Transfer...
CSQ - 08-04-2013
Med's Request
13-11-2013
Med's Done....
18-11-2013
Passport Req..
DM - 25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
E-cas update - 28-03-2014
LANDED..........
18-06-2014 Montreal PR Card: 14-08-2014
Hello

Thank you for all congrats!! Keeping my fingers crossed for all of you guys!!

1 question: after landing will I have some stamp in my passport? Like a Permanent Resident Visa?

Konabo

Jan 29, 2014
Hi guys, so I have a couple of questions that I hope someone can shed some light on please:)

My situation:

In Canada Spousal Sponsorship
First stage approval received
Open Work permit received
Just waiting on police clearance from Namibia then a discision should hopefully be made
and I will have to attend the LANDED IMMIGRANT INTERVIEW.

My question :

Does my wife (my sponsor) definitely have to attend this interview? She has a job offer for a
2month teaching job in the UK and we are afraid these 2 events might happen at the same time.
Is there a way she can not attend the interview? Perhaps an declaration of some sort or an affidavit?

Thank you

Sacha2014

Feb 27, 2014
PRsoon said:
Hey, thank you for the response.

Unfortunately I am based in Toronto so I don't have to the option to go through the land border.

I struggle to understand why someone with a valid work permit (I am a pgwp like you) and a valid work visa would not be allowed to return to Canada after a quick business trip in the US just because there is an inland application in process.

I will call CBSA tomorrow.
Hey,

I live in Toronto and I was able to take a bus to the Buffalo Airport for a recent trip to the states. I am from a visa exempt country but, when I came back from the states, I found that the Canadian boarder agents were easier to deal with than Pearson. As a added benefit, the tickets from Buffalo were a lot cheaper even after paying for the bus ticket.

I am no expert but, I would guess that if you have a work permit and a job in Canada you won't have any issues at the boarder.

Sacha

robytheron5506

Star Member
Mar 15, 2014
ACS said:
Have we heard of ANYONE yet with any news, AIP, DM, etc. from CPC-M (the Mississauga office, after the transfer?)

I am DYING to see that date move from June 25th online....

I KNOW we here on the forum do not represent all applicants, however I'm pretty sure we have a large enough cross section here, that if we haven't had any news from anyone, we are not going to see the date move again. :(

This is the first time I haven't been 100% positive about the date moving, I have always been positive and optimistic, but now it's catching up to me and I'm starting to get REALLY down for the first time in this whole process. *sigh* I guess we all have those days, right?!? That's why it's nice to have friendly ppl in the same situation here on the forum, you are the ones who truly understand....
Nope I did some research it looks like the website does not update manually but rather automatically it looks like it's trying to update from the ftp servers of Vegriville but they last worked on applications in june 25th until the webmaster have made changes to this ftp server and move it to rather do updates via cpc-m the website will always say june 25th

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
cpc-v to cpc-m on 03/03/2014
Med's Done....
June,13/2013 and PCC Feb,3/2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
Konabo said:
Hi guys, so I have a couple of questions that I hope someone can shed some light on please:)

My situation:

Just waiting on police clearance from Namibia then a discision should hopefully be made

My question :

Does my wife (my sponsor) definitely have to attend this interview? She has a job offer for a
2month teaching job in the UK and we are afraid these 2 events might happen at the same time.
Is there a way she can not attend the interview? Perhaps an declaration of some sort or an affidavit?

Thank you
According to ur post u r inlander applicant and in that case ur sponsor must have to attend landing interview ...Both of u need to provide some proof of living together and they gonna ask u few question also .... If u didn't bring ur sponsor along with u for landing interview then u have very high chances for rejection ...BE SAFE , PLAY SAFE ..GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS ALL OF US

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Konabo said:

My situation:

My question :

Thank you
Most office require the present of the sponsor, but not every office (for example Vancouver is different).
You can check the 2012 and 2013 inland spreadsheets, find the people who landed in the office you are and ask them in personal message about the procedure.

woodyc

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2013
AOR Received.
18-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2013
LANDED..........
24-02-2015
robytheron5506 said:
Nope I did some research it looks like the website does not update manually but rather automatically it looks like it's trying to update from the ftp servers of Vegriville but they last worked on applications in june 25th until the webmaster have made changes to this ftp server and move it to rather do updates via cpc-m the website will always say june 25th
Okay that makes sense.
But funny that the date June 25th does kind of represent the current state of CIC's work load been quiet for over a month now for anyone who applied after June 31st 2013.
Except for my random AIP

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
cpc-v to cpc-m on 03/03/2014
Med's Done....
June,13/2013 and PCC Feb,3/2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
sophieee said:
Most office require the present of the sponsor, but not every office (for example Vancouver is different).
You can check the 2012 and 2013 inland spreadsheets, find the people who landed in the office you are and ask them in personal message about the procedure.
Inland applicant need to show proof of living together and their no chance they can approved his COPR if his sponsor didn't attend landing interview ..for kind ur info CIC want proof and they follow their rules and their no place for emotions and kindness ... 8) 8)

Trinityy

Mar 7, 2014
Hi Guys,

Just to update some information. My lawyer contacted me today to pick up WP. I was so surprised because I am a Aug applicant and the same as you all, mine is just transferred to CIC-M and not in process at all, not mention AIP. I picked up my WP already, the details as follow:

Case type: 27
Employer: Any
Employment location: unknown
Remarks: APR PENDING

I don't think it is the spousal work permit. I never know about this wp before. My current wp expires on Mar 31, 2013 and I sent out wp application online at beginning of this month. So I think this approval doesn't mean any process from CIC-M.

It is a good new for me anyways. Hope CIC-M will pick up processing soon. Good luck to you all. and also me.