26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Sept 11 2013 said:
Can someone explain to me what is implied status? Thank u
IRPR (the regulations) Section 186:

186. A foreign national may work in Canada without a work permit...

(u) until a decision is made on an application made by them under subsection 201(1), if they have remained in Canada after the expiry of their work permit and they have continued to comply with the conditions set out on the expired work permit, other than the expiry date.
There is similar language for study permits and visitor status.

This is what people mean when they say "implied status".

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
Cirene said:
GUYYYSSSS... I GOT AN EMAIL FROM CPCV AND I GOT AIP, DM AND OWP :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I'm crying so much right now! OMG GUYS!.... I just can't believe it.... I'll frame that letter and hang it on my living room... GUYS!!!! OMMMMGGGG

I LAND IN CALGARY
Congrats :) I'm so happy for you. I feel excited even though I'm waiting for my DM. it will still be a while I have to figure some things out. (renew passport, meds) etc.

YAY for you!

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
guri3577 said:
Hi guys
Became a PR today :D I will post more tomm. about my whole experience.
Just a heads up for those who are landing at Vancouver, make sure to apply/have a temp. SIN before landing coz the officer said I won't be able to apply for my permanent SIN until I have PR card( I am going to Service Canada tomm. to try my luck). Once you land your work permit will become void so, apply before if you haven't already.
Congrats to Line.a,nrajani,ishy, and Cirene for all the awesome news ;D
Congrats guri!!! =D
SOOO HAPPY!
Have a wonderful worry free life.

corbs

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2013
AOR Received.
02-04-2013
Med's Done....
20-12-2013
nrajani_99 said:
Hi Corbs,

When did you get your DM? We received DM on Jan 22nd and received landing interview on Feb 25th.

You should call CIC and let them know.
Got DM Feb 4th. You landed today or received your letter today?

Sept 11 2013

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
computergeek said:
IRPR (the regulations) Section 186:

There is similar language for study permits and visitor status.

This is what people mean when they say "implied status".

thank u :) its doesn't matter if i stop workin for while waiting for OWP? but still have valid work permit until 2015. cuz we need to move to calgary? pls help

lauraks

Nov 20, 2013
guri3577 said:
Hi guys
Just a heads up for those who are landing at Vancouver, make sure to apply/have a temp. SIN before landing coz the officer said I won't be able to apply for my permanent SIN until I have PR card( I am going to Service Canada tomm. to try my luck). Once you land your work permit will become void so, apply before if you haven't already.
Congratulations Guri!! I was there too!!!! I may have seen you and didn't even know it! Were you there alone?

I wish I had known about the SIN thing. We hadn't applied for the SIN before and asked about it during the interview.. now we're worried because it will be another few months of waiting until the PR card arrives! Can you keep us updated on what you find out?

red_gatsby

Star Member
Nov 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
25-10-2013
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
guri3577 said:
Hi guys
Congrats Guri!!
Best of luck to your new life!!
Thanks for being so awesome to unconditionally help us with the spreadsheet :D

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
Sept 11 2013 said:
thank u :) its doesn't matter if i stop workin for while waiting for OWP? but still have valid work permit until 2015. cuz we need to move to calgary? pls help
You can only follow the conditions of your existing permit. If your permit only allows you to work with one employer then that is what you can do.

If you decide to stop working while waiting for OWP that's fine.

Sept 11 2013

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
Linden said:
You can only follow the conditions of your existing permit. If your permit only allows you to work with one employer then that is what you can do.

If you decide to stop working while waiting for OWP that's fine.
Thank u so much Linden :) im enlighten now. When is the next updates? cant wait :)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Sept 11 2013 said:
Assuming you have a closed work permit, you are only permitted to work in the manner specified on the work permit (usually the employer, location and job). So if you move to Calgary, your work permit remains valid but you won't be able to work for another employer until you receive the OWP.

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
I read so much about the SIN numbers, and I am wondering at what moment and where do I get this number or must apply for it?

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
frenchwapiti said:
I read so much about the SIN numbers, and I am wondering at what moment and where do I get this number or must apply for it?
You need a SIN number to start working.

If you receive an OWP after you get AIP you need to get a SIN number to start working. Your employer needs this to make tax deductions of your paycheque. At this stage from I understand it's pretty simple you go to a Service Canada office with the OWP and they issue you one on the spot.

Once you have PR you can get your permanent SIN.

Tiger56

Nov 3, 2013
Hi Guri,
We got our OWP today in the mail. Pretty quick as it was only 6 days from AIP. It is good for one year. Thanks

Frignanij

Oct 21, 2013
Paisana !!! Felicitaciones de todo corazon !!!! finally everything is done !! so happy for you !! enjoy this moment yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh