+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
salsal31 said:
:p :p :p :p :p :p I finally landed today in Etobicoke. We arrived at about 09.45am and interview was at 10.15am. The gentleman at reception was very nice ant yet professional. I gave him my invitation letter, he checked it and circled my interview time and also he asked me if my sponsor was with me, which is a requirement. I told him I was with my sponsor and he asked me to go towidow number 9 to confirm that I made the $490 online. At about 10.45 my partner and I were called, the lady asked for my sponsor's driving licence or proof if same address. Silly us, we had only his permanent resident card and an expired passport. The lady asked us to go back and get these documents to proventhat we are living together, basically they wanted letters etc with my partners name. We went back home which is about 45min to an hour away and came back with the documents. Eventually we were seen way after 15:30hrs and wooowza we got the COPR, I also got a permanent SIN number. Not to scare anyone but I think we had very strict staff members, a few people got declined and yes the staff can ask anything and everything. I could hear pple being asked a number of questions about their relationship.at least 2 couples returned home without COPR. All the best to all you waiting.
Is it possible that the relationship questions you heard were from an in-person interview prior to AIP. Are you sure those people were there for a 'landing interview'?

salsal31

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
guri3577 said:
First of all congrats Salsal for offically becoming a PR :)
Secondly, it is lil scary to know ppl getting declind at landing interviews :eek:
Thanx a million, Maybe these 2 pple that got declined had other issues not sure. At the Etobicoke office the staff are in a glass booth and you do not hear what the staff will be saying but you hear the responses from people being interviewed. There is no privacy at all. We were in room 104 and not sure if all of us were landing or we were mixed up with other people with other issues. They asked my sponser if he was still happy to sponsor me then I got the normal 3 questions about ever committing a crime, ever been declined entry in Canada or any other country and if I have any children that I did not tell cic about. All the best to you and will be looking out for you.

salsal31

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
Mrs_Canuck said:
I think that turning away couples at this stage is just cruel, especially after waiting this long. To tell someone that they are going in for a landing appointment and then to grill them about their relationship is not fair at all. I'm really really glad that you've officially become a permanent resident salsal! Must be an amazing feeling!
Thanx, I guess its not over till its over lol. Not sure maybe these couple's were there for other reasons, not sure. I now have this sense of relief, no weight on my shoulders. All the best to you :)

salsal31

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
red_gatsby said:
Congrats SalSal31!!
You're a PR now and your journey's offically over!!
No more stressful waiting =)

OMG for those people who get turned away, does that mean that they've been rejected for good?
Thats total madness =(
So we have to be clammy till the very moment they approve the landing interview, urghhhh!
Thank you so much, not sure if they got rejected for good. For one particular couple it sounded like that.

salsal31

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
shyla36 said:
Hi. What docs do you have to bring in the interview, other than the ones you mentioned here?
The landing interview letter only requested for my passport, sponsor and 2 photos. At the interview they wanted evidence of us living together so we had to go back home and get our lease, letters from the bank, tax returns etc. The thing that annoyed me is that they already have this on file and the staff told me that she is the one who makes the finale decision. Should they have requested for more information in the interview letter then we would have taken it. We do not have a car so we had to use a taxi to go home and come back with these documents. It was costly but it paid off in the end. My landing interview was not the best but I am thankful to God, its over.

salsal31

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
Linden said:
Is it possible that the relationship questions you heard were from an in-person interview prior to AIP. Are you sure those people were there for a 'landing interview'?
Not sure to be honest but I just assumed we were all landing. My experience was not the best but I am thankful its over. All the best to you.

Kmikola

Jan 25, 2014
wsm_al said:
We are expecting to have a baby in Canada a few days before the landing interview. how is that going to affect the sponsorship application? if we have the baby before we land, do we need to add the baby to the application or resubmit any forms? The baby will not need to apply for PR because he will be Canadian since he will be born in Canada.
any idea?
thanks,
You have to inform CIC about your baby's birth. It takes 5 minutes to register the baby online after you are discharged from the hospital (you apply for his/her SIN, universal child care benefits, order a birth certificate) and once you have received the birth certificate, you can send a copy to CIC. If you have your landing interview before getting the birth certificate, just bring to the interview whatever papers you have from the hospital.

Amazingsho

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
TOR
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-2-2014
AOR Received.
4-2-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow !
My application was returned last Friday because I was using the old form. I sent it out again this monad and received on Tuesday... =(
Now I'm worried if they will mistakenly transfer my app to missisauga..
Does anyone had app returned and know if the resend app will get AOR faster than first time submission ?

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
salsal31 said:
The landing interview letter only requested for my passport, sponsor and 2 photos. At the interview they wanted evidence of us living together so we had to go back home and get our lease, letters from the bank, tax returns etc. The thing that annoyed me is that they already have this on file and the staff told me that she is the one who makes the finale decision. Should they have requested for more information in the interview letter then we would have taken it. We do not have a car so we had to use a taxi to go home and come back with these documents. It was costly but it paid off in the end. My landing interview was not the best but I am thankful to God, its over.
Thank you and congrats again.

AckTivity

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
Doc's Request.
13-01-2014 (mailed 24-01-2014)
Nomination.....
AIP: 17-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2014
Med's Done....
21-01-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
LANDED..........
23-02-2015
Amazingsho said:
My application was returned last Friday because I was using the old form. I sent it out again this monad and received on Tuesday... =(
Now I'm worried if they will mistakenly transfer my app to missisauga..
Does anyone had app returned and know if the resend app will get AOR faster than first time submission ?
Our application was returned (I forgot to sign one page and got the whole thing back, ugh). They don't count it as "received" until you have sent it back corrected (otherwise I would have had a received date of a month earlier and may not have ended up in my current purgatory). So, I'm guessing that they will send it on to Mississauga. Sorry. :(

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
Good morning everyone! Hope we hear lots of good news today!

For anyone that got DM after AIP, can you reflect on if there was any communication in the interim, or did you just receive DM after a month or two?

Ngawang

Star Member
Oct 29, 2013
etobicoke
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
AOR Received.
09-06-2013
Med's Done....
19-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2014
Hi everyone
I hope everything is going smoothly for you all. I have a question. I got my AIP yesterday. Where do I get the email or mail where it gives us guidelines to apply for owp and medical checkup. Does it come in mail or email? I did not get in my email as i am the sponsor.

Anyone who got AIP, any idea?

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
Hi there! I know I'm late to the party, but only recently stumbled across this forum. What an awesome place where everyone supports each other and shares in the agony of waiting! We submitted our application in early June 2013, and with the way things are going it looks like we should (fingers crossed) hear something soon! Knowing that, I've been refreshing this page like crazy for the past couple of days, eager to see the good news from others. ;D

Hoping for more good news today! It makes me feel better to see others getting somewhere with their applications.