Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
25-10-2013
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
guri3577 said:
OMG!!!!! Guys I got the letter both stages approved ;D Vancouver office will contact me(which could take ages), but oh well, I am so happy..Woohooo party time :D
Good luck to everyone who is waiting, you will soon hear something :D
Awwww congrats Guri!!!
Congrats to everyone else with good news!!
Cirene, dont fret!!soon time for you!! Im sure you're getting the whole aip/dm/owp package thats why yours is taking a weeeee bit longer!! :-*

Anyway, digressing..
Can anyone let me know from their experience, how long does it take it in average to have your additional documents matched up with your application?
For eg, if the package gets signed for at the CIC office, how long does it take for them to "reunite" the new documents with your file?
Thanks and good luck to everyone else!
More good news coming soon I bet! ;D

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Ponga said:
Fortunately for everyone here, CIC and CRA recognize ANY common-law relationship after one year:
(From Wikipedia):
Citizenship & Immigration Canada states that a Common-law partner refers to a person who is living in a conjugal relationship with another person (opposite or same sex), and has done so continuously for a period of at least one year. [9] A conjugal relationship exists when there is a significant degree of commitment between two people. This can be shown with evidence that the couple share the same home, that they support each other financially and emotionally, that they have children together, or that they present themselves in public as a couple. Common-law partners who are unable to live together or appear in public together because of legal restrictions in their home country or who have been separated for reasons beyond their control (for example, civil war or armed conflict) may still qualify and should be included on an application.

Canada Revenue Agency states, as of 2007, a common law relationship is true if at least one[citation needed] of the following applies: [10]

the couple has been living in a conjugal relationship for at least 12 continuous months;
The provincial common laws deals with provincial rights such as hospital visits, rights to hospital decisions, property rights, etc.

JHWife2011

Oct 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-3-2013
AOR Received.
10-04-2013
IELTS Request
AIP RECEIVED: 13-11-2013
File Transfer...
OWP REC'D: 14-2-2014
Med's Done....
23-01-2014
technically how long should it take for ecas to update that the meds were received? A week?? two weeks? They were don't a week ago today.

corbs

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2013
AOR Received.
02-04-2013
Med's Done....
20-12-2013
computergeek said:
Family class applicants for spouse/partner/children are "excessive demand exempt" so unless it's TB (which is a threat to public health) it won't ultimately impact your application for PR. If it is TB, you'll have to undergo treatment before they sign off on your medicals. While I certainly hope it's nothing more than a shadow on the chest x-ray, if it is, you won't be barred from becoming a PR.
I'm assuming UKZippy grew up in the UK, in which case they likely had a BCG and is vaccinated against TB. Hopefully it's nothing serious but at least OHIP has kicked in if it is.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
The provincial common laws deals with provincial rights such as hospital visits, rights to hospital decisions, property rights, etc.
Ah...gotcha screech.

You can't help but wonder though if CIC and the provincial MSP `hands' ever shake, regarding this discrepancy.

corbs

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2013
AOR Received.
02-04-2013
Med's Done....
20-12-2013
Congrats to everyone that got good news today. And also thanks to guri for running the spreadsheet. Went and signed up for OHIP today, kicks in mid-April. Also swapped my UK license for a G license.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
Ponga said:
No, you don't have to wait!

As computergeek pointed out, In BC, you can have coverage after 2 months (plus the balance of the month that CIC RECEIVED your application for sponsorship).
You do NOT need to wait for AIP.

1. You simply need to fill out an application:

2. Be added to your spouse's MSP

3. Provide the 2 pages from your eCas that confirms that CIC has received your application:
This is from the healthgov.bc website:

pages 1 and 2 from the CIC eClient Application Status web site showing the receipt and processing date of the application for permanent resident status

The above helps confirm that CIC considers the person to be an applicant for permanent resident status, and helps MSP determine eligibility and
when coverage should begin.
I called BC MSP and they told me that I had to wait for AIP. I've applied anyhow as it was only a couple forms to fill out and no application fees.

woodyc

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2013
AOR Received.
18-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2013
LANDED..........
24-02-2015
guri3577 said:
OMG!!!!! Guys I got the letter both stages approved ;D Vancouver office will contact me(which could take ages), but oh well, I am so happy..Woohooo party time :D
Congrats guri3577 :)

applied4PR

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
guri3577 said:
Congrats Guri......Glad tidings and many happy returns......... :D

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Ponga said:
Ah...gotcha screech.

You can't help but wonder though if CIC and the provincial MSP `hands' ever shake, regarding this discrepancy.
Actually qualifying for provincial coverage are only based on your legal status of Canada and residency requirement. Being married, single, or common law means diddly swat to them. You as a person with legal status have a legal right to provincial health coverage.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Linden said:
I called BC MSP and they told me that I had to wait for AIP. I've applied anyhow as it was only a couple forms to fill out and no application fees.
Sounds like you spoke with someone that is not aware of their own rules. :-\

The link that computergeek generously provided spells it out quite clearly; a spouse or partner with an application for permanent residence that has been RECEIVED by CIC, is eligible for BC MSP benefits. That's why they need the 2 pages from your eCas that shows that your PR application has been received by CIC, as that's when the eligibility date is calculated.

Even though you filed the application, your sponsor also has to add you to their account. I don't yet know when that request is to be made, but I'm working on it!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
Actually qualifying for provincial coverage are only based on your legal status of Canada and residency requirement. Being married, single, or common law means diddly swat to them. You as a person with legal status have a legal right to provincial health coverage.
So you're saying that a person with an Inland application submitted, but is out of status, is not eligible for BC MSP? There is nothing on the application forms that ask about a person's legal status (offers an option to select `other'). Hmmm...interesting.

Perhaps those with proof of an Inland PR sponsorship application are processed differently:

A spouse or a child of an eligible B.C. resident may also be deemed a resident provided that an application for permanent residence status has been accepted for processing by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), and the application remains active.

Windsor12

Nov 23, 2013
guri3577 said:
Congrats!!!!!!

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
Ponga said:
Sounds like you spoke with someone that is not aware of their own rules. :-\

The link that computergeek generously provided spells it out quite clearly; a spouse or partner with an application for permanent residence that has been RECEIVED by CIC, is eligible for BC MSP benefits. That's why they need the 2 pages from your eCas that shows that you PR application has been received by CIC, as that's when the eligibility date is calculated.

Even though you filed the application, your sponsor also has to add you to their account. I don't yet know when that request is to be made, but I'm working on it!
I should clarify I am the sponsor and applied to have my partner added to my account.

soniabrowne1

Jun 3, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2013
AOR Received.
19-04-2013
Med's Request
27-01-2014
guri3577 said:

Congrats Gurri, happy 4 u :D