12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
guri3577 said:
For BC, you may get covered once your file has been received by CIC.
Check this link out:
http://www.health.gov.bc.ca/insurance/msp_register.html

A spouse or a child of an eligible B.C. resident may also be deemed a resident provided that an application for permanent residence status has been accepted for processing by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), and the application remains active. For more information, see Covering a Spouse or Child who is an Applicant for Permanent Resident Status in Canada (PDF 177K ).
thank you guri for this info, I check this immediately!!!!!!

don't know how I managed to go through all this administrative djungle before without the help of all of you here, guys.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
linxord said:
Happiness all around! :D

but now that I've celebrated for a few days. I still need to renew my passport and send a copy in.

My special circumstance is that I was a failed refugee claimant before and CBSA has my passport (which expired this month).

My AIP letter said that I should renew my passport and send them (CIC) a copy of the renewed passport. I'm not sure how I can renew my passport when I don't have the old one. Has any body been in a similar circumstance? Should I contact the Call center?
CIC doesn't have your passport, CBSA does. In a situation like yours, the protocol is to return your passport to CIC once you are approved. Then you get it back at the local landing appointment. Your country should have some mechanism for obtaining a replacement passport when you don't have the old passport (think of it like an "I lost my passport" situation). If that is not the case - in other words, your home country will not issue you a new passport without the old one or evidence it has been lost/stolen, then you can document this to CIC and request that they permit you to land on your existing (expired) passport. As it turns out, it is not a statutory requirement that your passport not be expired, it is CIC policy. Since it is policy, upon demonstrating that you have made reasonable efforts to obtain a new passport and are unable to do so, the visa officer may waive that requirement and permit you to land on the expired passport.

Note: this isn't the ideal option, but keep it in mind as you go through the process because it IS an option.

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
guri3577 said:
Thanks everyone :)
OMG GURI :D AIP and DM at the same time?! Way to go :D

Huge Congratulations :D

JLynn1987

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2013
AOR Received.
24-06-2013
Cirene said:
OMG GURI :D AIP and DM at the same time?! Way to go :D

Huge Congratulations :D
Thinking of you, Cirene! Sending positive thoughts your way!

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
mimssimo said:
hey guys i hope for all to receive the good news. Ciren cal CIC its not normaly.
Hi there mimssimo, I called them yesterday and the officer send a message to CIC about my file. Luckily I'll hear something soon........ I hope!

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
JLynn1987 said:
Thinking of you, Cirene! Sending positive thoughts your way!
Thank you so much JLynn.. Still waiting! :)

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
computergeek said:
CIC doesn't have your passport, CBSA does. In a situation like yours, the protocol is to return your passport to CIC once you are approved. Then you get it back at the local landing appointment. Your country should have some mechanism for obtaining a replacement passport when you don't have the old passport (think of it like an "I lost my passport" situation). If that is not the case - in other words, your home country will not issue you a new passport without the old one or evidence it has been lost/stolen, then you can document this to CIC and request that they permit you to land on your existing (expired) passport. As it turns out, it is not a statutory requirement that your passport not be expired, it is CIC policy. Since it is policy, upon demonstrating that you have made reasonable efforts to obtain a new passport and are unable to do so, the visa officer may waive that requirement and permit you to land on the expired passport.

Note: this isn't the ideal option, but keep it in mind as you go through the process because it IS an option.
Thank you computergeek. Thats what I said. CBSA has my passport. But Now that CIC has requested me to provide them the photocopies of the renewed passport, and that my application won't be processed further without it, I'm not sure what I can do. Should I call them and let them know? I'm trying to get in touch with my country's consulate too to see if I can obtain a new passport without the old one.

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
cpc-v to cpc-m on 03/03/2014
Med's Done....
June,13/2013 and PCC Feb,3/2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
guri3577 said:
Thanks everyone :)
congrats once again Guri3577
please add me on spread sheed ..thanks
CPC ......VEG
FILE SENT.......... JULY,29/2013
FILE RECEIVED ....AUG,02/2013
AOR RECEIVED ....AUG,22/2013
MEDICAL DONE ...JUNE,13/2013
FINGER PRINT......JUNE,21/2013
PCC SENT ......... JAN/29/2014
FEES PAID UP FRONT
AIP........???
DM.........???
LANDING .....??

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
frenchwapiti said:
thank you guri for this info, I check this immediately!!!!!!

don't know how I managed to go through all this administrative djungle before without the help of all of you here, guys.
Here's the link I usually give people who are in BC: http://www.health.gov.bc.ca/msp/infoben/pdf/covering-a-spouse-or-child-who-is-an-applicant-for-permanent-resident-status-in-canada.pdf

Note that in order to do this you must be added to your spouse/partner's account in BC. Most other provinces permit this as well - just not Ontario or Quebec - though the rules do vary (Alberta, for example, doesn't recognize common-law until 3 years as I recall and NB doesn't generally recognize rights of common-law couples in other areas so I'm not sure about health care).

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
linxord said:
Thank you computergeek. Thats what I said. CBSA has my passport. But Now that CIC has requested me to provide them the photocopies of the renewed passport, and that my application won't be processed further without it, I'm not sure what I can do. Should I call them and let them know? I'm trying to get in touch with my country's consulate too to see if I can obtain a new passport without the old one.
You can certainly contact them because I suspect the officer wasn't really aware that your passport was in the possession of CBSA. Definitely check to see about getting a new passport from your country, as that is the best way to move through this mess. I was merely pointing to another alternative if the various bureaucracies make this task inordinately difficult.

ZIZOU4

Jan 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2013
AOR Received.
21-05-2013
guri3577 said:
OMG!!!!! Guys I got the letter both stages approved ;D Vancouver office will contact me(which could take ages), but oh well, I am so happy..Woohooo party time :D
Good luck to everyone who is waiting, you will soon hear something :D
congradulations ,

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
computergeek said:
You can certainly contact them because I suspect the officer wasn't really aware that your passport was in the possession of CBSA. Definitely check to see about getting a new passport from your country, as that is the best way to move through this mess. I was merely pointing to another alternative if the various bureaucracies make this task inordinately difficult.
Many thanks computergeek :) I will call CIC today.

bruneian

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
PCC waived, Fingerprints 06/02/14
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 2, 2014 (AIP)
AOR Received.
Aug 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
July 15, 2014 in Edmonton
Hi guys, anyone know how long it takes to get a landing interview after DM in Edmonton? I am freaking out with the pace right now as me and my hubby are going for vacation in less than a month!

Dec 18, 2012
Got AIP in Nov 2013, sent fingerprints in at the beginning of January... but they still don't show as received when I check the status online!! (even the the medicals show as received).

What gives?!