+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Mela

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tuesdayc said:
Great to see a fellow Winnipeger! :) Did you try logging in with your UCI number to see what is being indicated?
Still sitting at "application received" status but we have the letter saying it's been sent to Winnipeg for processing.

frappCcino

Oct 1, 2013
Hi Guys,

my inland sponsorship application was received recently and is now in-process. Ive notice that my Philippine passport is about to expire on June 2014. Ive included my OWP application together with my application which gives me an implied status right?

Question is:
-Can I apply for a passport renewal here in canada (Philippine embassy), will my status be a problem to get my Phil passport renewed?
-If its ok to renew my passport here, do i need to update CIC on the new passport?

Tuesdayc

Star Member
Nov 1, 2012
UKZippy said:
Thanks Tuesdayc!

Had medical last week 7th. Jan. Still not heard from CIC about an extension though :( However the panel Dr. seemed to suggest that as long as you've had the medical before the said date it would be fine, hope she is right. At least the office I went to was an 'E Medical center' so it's all done electronically!
Yeah to making it in time then! I just had mine today. E-medical as well, and they say the results and all will reach CIC in about 2 weeks. Yours should be there really soon! Congrats! You are almost done! ;D

Rita27

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Visa Office......
Vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
29-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-03-2013
Mela said:
Still sitting at "application received" status but we have the letter saying it's been sent to Winnipeg for processing.
It was transferred to Winnipeg this month? its possible that they will call you to an interview to check if the relationship is genuine

Mela

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bah!!! This is such a frustrating process. I never knew about any of this stuff before. I mean we sent all kinds of pictures and stuff in with our application. So generally speaking if it gets transferred that means they need something more from us? Do most of the people getting AIP who were from Feb-March just get that straight from the Vegerville office or wherever their original paperwork went?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Mela said:
Usually if the file is transferred to local CIC before AIP is issued, it is usually an interview to verify relationship.

Mela

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
Usually if the file is transferred to local CIC before AIP is issued, it is usually an interview to verify relationship.
Any idea how long it might be for us to hear?

kaiu

Nov 13, 2013
Mela said:
Bah!!! This is such a frustrating process. I never knew about any of this stuff before. I mean we sent all kinds of pictures and stuff in with our application. So generally speaking if it gets transferred that means they need something more from us? Do most of the people getting AIP who were from Feb-March just get that straight from the Vegerville office or wherever their original paperwork went?
Mine is from March 2013.

My AIP and Decision Made was given at the same time.
It was emailed straight to me, and I got the work permit in the mail less than a week later.

Now just waiting for the Landing Appointment letter... Service guys at my local place says that is typically 3-6 months, but based on the spreadsheet, it could be less.

Mela

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kaiu said:
Mine is from March 2013.

My AIP and Decision Made was given at the same time.
It was emailed straight to me, and I got the work permit in the mail less than a week later.

Now just waiting for the Landing Appointment letter... Service guys at my local place says that is typically 3-6 months, but based on the spreadsheet, it could be less.
Wow...that's incredible. Congratulations. I guess we're just hostage to the process for a while longer. It's really disheartening.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Mela said:
Any idea how long it might be for us to hear?
To be honest, I have no idea when to expect a response from local cic. If you don't mind me asking. Are you applying common law?

Mela

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
To be honest, I have no idea when to expect a response from local cic. If you don't mind me asking. Are you applying common law?
Yup.

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
frappCcino said:
Hi Guys,

my inland sponsorship application was received recently and is now in-process. Ive notice that my Philippine passport is about to expire on June 2014. Ive included my OWP application together with my application which gives me an implied status right?

Question is:
-Can I apply for a passport renewal here in canada (Philippine embassy), will my status be a problem to get my Phil passport renewed?
-If its ok to renew my passport here, do i need to update CIC on the new passport?
Hello! Yes you can apply for a new passport here in Canada. Where are you from? I am from Edmonton and I went to Vancouver to renew mine. You just have to book online.

Yes, you have to update cic for the new passport...send them a copy..

corbs

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2013
AOR Received.
02-04-2013
Med's Done....
20-12-2013
frappCcino said:
Hi Guys,

Question is:
I'm not sure if you can apply for a passport renewal at the embassy. You'd have to check that yourself. However i had something similar to you. My passport was expiring in May 2014 so i sent a renewal home just before Christmas. Then i updated CIC with my new passport info. You will want to update them as your work permit will only be valid as long as your passport is. Also how recently did you send your application? I think you are required to have a valid travel document for the entirety of the process and the process may take you past June.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Mela said:
In that case, they will just want to verify your common law status. When you get called in, bring all the documents you can bring to prove your common law. Joint accounts, rental agreements, anything to prove the 12 months together.

Mela

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
In that case, they will just want to verify your common law status. When you get called in, bring all the documents you can bring to prove your common law. Joint accounts, rental agreements, anything to prove the 12 months together.
Well I hope it doesn't take too long to schedule the interview at least. Thank you for your help.