+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Ariandel

Aug 28, 2012
hockeyfan said:
Hey Mike,

I wouldn't risk leaving the country until stage 1 approval is done and she gets an open work permit (OWP). I am from the US as well and I haven't left the country at all. I have heard of people leaving though and coming back without issues. Again it's entirely up to the visa officer at the border.
As far as I know even stage 1 approval and an OWP doesn't change the situation at the border. I called CIC the other day about this, shortly after receiving my AIP, and the lady over the phone said she 'wouldn't recommend" me leaving unless I had no other choice.

danib

Star Member
Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2013
AOR Received.
09-02-2013
File Transfer...
CSQ - 08-04-2013
Med's Request
13-11-2013
Med's Done....
18-11-2013
Passport Req..
DM - 25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
E-cas update - 28-03-2014
LANDED..........
18-06-2014 Montreal PR Card: 14-08-2014
PRsoon said:
The official processing time in the CIC website has been updated.

"Working on applications received on February 23, 2013"

Great news!!!!
Hi PRsoon nice to see this beautiful flag around here!
And yeap! It seems CIC is really working fast!
Thank God!

Boa sorte pra todos nós!

ArtSnow

Star Member
May 2, 2013
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
12-03-2013
Doc's Request.
14-01-2014
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
Med's Request
02-02-2015
Med's Done....
07-01-2013
Interview........
05-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
Sorte e fe em Deus, paciencia e muita forca ;)

ArtSnow

Star Member
May 2, 2013
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
12-03-2013
Doc's Request.
14-01-2014
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
Med's Request
02-02-2015
Med's Done....
07-01-2013
Interview........
05-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
Ariandel said:
As far as I know even stage 1 approval and an OWP doesn't change the situation at the border. I called CIC the other day about this, shortly after receiving my AIP, and the lady over the phone said she 'wouldn't recommend" me leaving unless I had no other choice.
As soon as I get my AIP I'm outta here, I have a OWP on my hands, like thousands of other immigrants that every year leave to pass an holiday on their own Country, none of them is denied entry as they state they're coming back to work, by that order of ideas, Canada would be a nation of imprisoned workers, never allowed to leave...
If we are fit to work and pay taxes and live here while we do it, why would we be denied entry if we did nothing wrong and followed the law...
I understand the CIC operator can't say there isn't any problem as things happen, but let's use some common sense here...
Just my 2 cents
:)

danib

Star Member
Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2013
AOR Received.
09-02-2013
File Transfer...
CSQ - 08-04-2013
Med's Request
13-11-2013
Med's Done....
18-11-2013
Passport Req..
DM - 25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
E-cas update - 28-03-2014
LANDED..........
18-06-2014 Montreal PR Card: 14-08-2014
ArtSnow said:
Sorte e fe em Deus, paciencia e muita forca ;)
Another beuatiful flag here too :)
Sim muita sorte, fé e paciência!!
E espero logo estarmos rindo disso tudo..até chegar o processo de cidadania :)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ariandel said:
It would be great to know what the official policy of CBSA is regarding this issue...if they even have anything `officially' in place. The consensus seems to be that most Americans (and perhaps those from other visa exempt countries) *usually* have no problems returning, unless the BO is in a grumpy mood. If that really is true, that's a pretty lousy `policy'.

bruneian

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
PCC waived, Fingerprints 06/02/14
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 2, 2014 (AIP)
AOR Received.
Aug 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
July 15, 2014 in Edmonton
ArtSnow said:
As soon as I get my AIP I'm outta here, I have a OWP on my hands, like thousands of other immigrants that every year leave to pass an holiday on their own Country, none of them is denied entry as they state they're coming back to work, by that order of ideas, Canada would be a nation of imprisoned workers, never allowed to leave...
If we are fit to work and pay taxes and live here while we do it, why would we be denied entry if we did nothing wrong and followed the law...
I understand the CIC operator can't say there isn't any problem as things happen, but let's use some common sense here...
Just my 2 cents
Im leaving next month to thailand for our much needed honey moon and vacation for 3 weeks. I have a TRV and PGWP and a full time job in canada. Will report then but I dont see any problems entering in again

Jojo1972

Mar 20, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-27-2013
Doc's Request.
AIP: 30-01-2014
Nomination.....
DM: 30-01-2014
AOR Received.
06-05-2013
IELTS Request
OWP: 06-02-2014
Med's Request
06-02-2014
Med's Done....
14-02-2014
Interview........
22-10-2014
LANDED..........
Waiting
For those wondering about leaving and entering the country while application is in place...
Our inland application for sponsorship started processing June 5, 2013. Currently my husband also holds a work permit valid until Dec 2014. However, he quit that job in March 2013. We decided to plan a trip back to Italy to sell some of his assets and to see family since its been 2 years here in Canada. He left on his own first week of October 2013 and I met him there last week of October. We returned back together Nov 15, 2013. I prepared all the documents and papers to show at the border but was asked nothing. He showed his Work Permit and just said we went to Italy to see family and friends. I do believe it does all come down to what kind of BO you get. But at the same time, I really don't see a problem in leaving for a few weeks and returning taking that you are either from a visa-exempt country or hold a work permit already. Upon returning, I inquired with a city council to look into our file. Our application is still in place and processing and hopefully, at this pace, we should obtain our AOP and OWP.

Maxician

Star Member
Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-13
AOR Received.
23-03-13
ArtSnow said:
Just my 2 cents
Agree, I'm doin the same! Have you actually heard of someone that couldn't re-enter after leaving in the middle of the process? To cause fear on its population has always been a strategy to better control...

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
ArtSnow said:
Just my 2 cents
Note that if refused at the border, the officer really would need to have some sort of "good reason" to do so, as its impact on you is rather harsh. Note that a refusal at the border can be challenged in Federal Court and while I have only seen a handful of such challenges, I suspect the Court would be inclined to hear such a challenge if the officer didn't have good reason for a refusal, especially given the impact it would have on an applicant.

With that said, I've never heard anyone here directly report such a refusal and plenty of people report success. So yes, there is a risk. But it doesn't seem like a high risk. Some people's ability to handle risk is lower than others. That's why some people can never leave their house (even though statistically speaking home is a rather dangerous place).

Maxician

Star Member
Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-13
AOR Received.
23-03-13
computergeek said:
Note that if refused at the border, the officer really would need to have some sort of "good reason" to do so, as its impact on you is rather harsh. Note that a refusal at the border can be challenged in Federal Court and while I have only seen a handful of such challenges, I suspect the Court would be inclined to hear such a challenge if the officer didn't have good reason for a refusal, especially given the impact it would have on an applicant.

With that said, I've never heard anyone here directly report such a refusal and plenty of people report success. So yes, there is a risk. But it doesn't seem like a high risk. Some people's ability to handle risk is lower than others. That's why some people can never leave their house (even though statistically speaking home is a rather dangerous place).
Talking about risks at home while on the process, I remember about a couple that got their application canceled after the sponsoring wife called the CIC announcing their relationship was over. This was because a friend of hers told her that she saw her husband holding hands with another woman and a child. After all she confessed she made it all up to separate them...

So you never now, right?

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Maxician said:
Talking about risks at home while on the process, I remember about a couple that got their application canceled after the sponsoring wife called the CIC announcing their relationship was over. This was because a friend of hers told her that she saw her husband holding hands with another woman and a child. After all she confessed she made it all up to separate them...

So you never now, right?
Yeah that was harsh. I hope he's doing alright, I haven't heard or seen him on here in a very long time :(

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Maxician said:

So you never now, right?
Oh yes, I recall that one. The sponsor wanted to "revoke" the sponsorship withdrawal. There are some things where one really shouldn't react quickly - and "poison pen letters" are definitely an area in which one needs to be very cautious about the motives of the person doing the poisoning.