06-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-05-2013
Med's Done....
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-03-2014
Hmm i dont know.
Incase of an emergency (somebody is really sick or passed recently) I would probably do the same and I think Immigration officers would probably understand the circumstances.
But a "vacation" home for more than 3 weeks seems to me like a huge risk?! I dont know,personally I wouldnt do it. Especially now that you are quite close to getting your OWP and who knows maybe decision made at the same time? I would wait until the process is done and over with. You always have to remeber,once everything is over you are free to go whenever. Just hang in there for a few more months.

Plus your visitor extension expires once you leave the country. It doesnt have any value when you are going to re-enter.

alexandre1610

Star Member
Nov 26, 2013
mrsc08 said:
Hello guys! I need some advice.. I would really love to fly home, where I'm from is not a visa exempt country but CIC approved my extension to stay on a visitor permit. We submitted our application in March this year together with my app of an OWP. I do understand that it is not advisable and it's a big risk to take if I leave Canada but my heart and soul is dying to see and be with my family especially my daughters.

My plan is to apply for a Canadian visitor visa (visa is what I need to re-enter Canada)as I have a visitor permit. My husband can only take off from work for 3 weeks but I'd like to visit longer than that. We thought if I fly home with our son a week or two earlier than him and fly back to Canada together, the visa officer may take that against me to re-enter since we need to be living with our sponsor I guess 24/7. What do you guys think? I've been in this group since March and not one story have I read of someone leaving Canada and was not allowed to re-enter. I just thought with proper immigration documents (visitor permit and visa) and a proof that we have submitted our app and just waiting.. There shouldn't be a problem with it.
Yes it should be for the emergency case only. Since Canada is a humanity country, thus they would allow you to leave the Canada and back to the country during your inland application. If not you should stay inside of the country. If was you, I would call to CIC and share the info with the forum then.

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
So are we thinking they are already on holidays and won't be updating until the new year?

As far as I can see there is no update since the Dec.11th one...... :(

I'm waiting for them to jump to February after the last slow few weeks...

bruneian

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
PCC waived, Fingerprints 06/02/14
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 2, 2014 (AIP)
AOR Received.
Aug 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
July 15, 2014 in Edmonton
ACS said:
So are we thinking they are already on holidays and won't be updating until the new year?

As far as I can see there is no update since the Dec.11th one...... :(

I'm waiting for them to jump to February after the last slow few weeks...
Exactly what I was thinking! But I'm hopeful they will pick up the pace after new years.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Indeed, indeed! 2014 is looking to be a good year :) much better than 2013, that's for sure.

niks1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
AOR Received.
13-03-2013
LANDED..........
27-03-2014
CIC just updated the website...still stuck on Jan 15th

applied4PR

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
Re: INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013-Police cert/Medical Report

Hi,

Has someone tried submitting their police and medical reports to CIC, online, after the original application or AIP???

I am wondering if there is an online option for submitting supporting documents to save time and money.

I had submitted my visitor extension application online but am not sure if CIC has such option for supporting docs for permanent residence application as well.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

applied4PR said:
Hi,

Has someone tried submitting their police and medical reports to CIC, online, after the original application or AIP???

I am wondering if there is an online option for submitting supporting documents to save time and money.

I had submitted my visitor extension application online but am not sure if CIC has such option for supporting docs for permanent residence application as well.
I believe that the medical results are sent directly to CIC by the doctor's office (provided you use a CIC approved panel physician). The FBI/PCC cannot be sent online as they need the original.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14

Ponga said:
I believe that the medical results are sent directly to CIC by the doctor's office (provided you use a CIC approved panel physician). The FBI/PCC cannot be sent online as they need the original.
I agree. I highly doubt the med report is able to be sent online by the applicants themselves.

LeBon

May 21, 2013
Happy holidays everyone!

I have happened upon something that may be useful to those of you in Canada on a visitor visa and unable to work. It is called the International Experience Canada (IEC) Program. In short, it is an opportunity to get up to a 12 month work permit depending upon what passport you hold. All you have to do is apply on one of their official days and you don't have to pay any fees unless you are accepted.

The number of places available are are small (e.g. 5,350 for the UK) and its first come, first served but it is worth a try. You can find out the specifics by googling it (the forum won't let me post a link, sorry!).

I hope this helps a few of you out!

applied4PR

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
LeBon said:
Happy holidays everyone!

I have happened upon something that may be useful to those of you in Canada on a visitor visa and unable to work. It is called the International Experience Canada (IEC) Program. In short, it is an opportunity to get up to a 12 month work permit depending upon what passport you hold. All you have to do is apply on one of their official days and you don't have to pay any fees unless you are accepted.

The number of places available are are small (e.g. 5,350 for the UK) and its first come, first served but it is worth a try. You can find out the specifics by googling it (the forum won't let me post a link, sorry!).

I hope this helps a few of you out!
This option only works if you apply from outside and it certainly does not work if one has an inland PM application in process!

Spikey92

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-05-2013
Med's Done....
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-03-2014
Actually I applied for my IEC visa from inside of Canada and I was elidigble .
But Im not sure if you would be elidigible while your PR application is in process.

UKZippy

Star Member
Dec 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2013
AOR Received.
11-02-2013
Med's Request
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
Been here since 2011 - PR on 28/05/2015

applied4PR said:
Hi,

You have to send the origonal police certificate by mail. The medical is sent by the panel physician.

UKZippy

Star Member
Dec 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2013
AOR Received.
11-02-2013
Med's Request
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
Been here since 2011 - PR on 28/05/2015
HI all,
Hope you're gearing up to a happy holiday season :)

Just an update for my application: I got my work permit yesterday...YAY! And today I went to service Canada and got my social insurance number!!!!

Police check has been recieved by cic and on Monday I go for my medical - the final piece of the puzzel!

Hope your applications get processed quickly.......cheers all

C

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
Wow. CIC really is sitting on their hands recently, haven't they? Still no movement in the wait times. Ridiculous to be at the same date for 3 weeks now.