Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
pocq said:
Hi everyone,

I have been sending my payroll slip to CIC to prove that I can support my wife.
Will that actually make the process longer because I keep sending new document (my payroll)? I sent it once every 3 months

Thank you
Dude,

That seems a bit excessive to me. I got my wife to submit her T4 and then also a letter from her employer saying she's employed and how much she makes. Why don't you get your employer to do that?

All the best,

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
Maxician said:
Hey ya all on tha boat!
Have anyone of you been asked by CIC to redo your Meds? Mine was made more than a year ago...

Cheers!
Same thing for me, they probably won't let us know until they are on stage 2 and by then our medicals will have expired unless they extend it for another year, but we won't know until they tell.

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
katiebates said:
I am applying inland, I am from the UK and have been here since May 2011.
I have all the forms and evidence gathered but I need to do my OWP form. Where do I find that on the cic website?
That website is more confusing than a 3d puzzle ???

Thanks!
It should be under apply as a worker and there's a form to extend, renew conditions or something. You need to fill out a physical form of the OWP and apply for it along with your PR application and write a note saying not to approve until AIP Stage 1 is given to you as the applicant.

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
katiebates said:
I am applying inland, I am from the UK and have been here since May 2011.
I have all the forms and evidence gathered but I need to do my OWP form. Where do I find that on the cic website?
That website is more confusing than a 3d puzzle ???

Thanks!
Hi katiebates,
Click this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp
And you'll find the owp form and other info

pocq

Oct 2, 2013
hockeyfan said:
Dude,

That seems a bit excessive to me. I got my wife to submit her T4 and then also a letter from her employer saying she's employed and how much she makes. Why don't you get your employer to do that?

All the best,
Well, I got my employer to make the employment letter as well. I did that just to prove that I still have a job and making enough money to support her. I am just afraid that my T4 will not be good enough because I applied sponsorship for my wife, 4 months after myself became Permanent Resident, so my T4 from previous year only has 2 months of work.

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
pocq said:
Well, I got my employer to make the employment letter as well. I did that just to prove that I still have a job and making enough money to support her. I am just afraid that my T4 will not be good enough because I applied sponsorship for my wife, 4 months after myself became Permanent Resident, so my T4 from previous year only has 2 months of work.
I see, okay, good for you!

LaylaLala

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
13-Feb2013
Med's Request
17-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
4-Dec-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
29-Apr-2014
pocq said:
I think you should be fine. If they have any questions they will contact you. All you have to do now is play the waiting game. And relax, you guys will get there. ;) Good luck!!

ArtSnow

Star Member
May 2, 2013
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
12-03-2013
Doc's Request.
14-01-2014
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
Med's Request
02-02-2015
Med's Done....
07-01-2013
Interview........
05-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
pocq said:
You know that if you are married, you can even have zero income, you will qualify as a sponsor, what you're doing is not necessary...

katiebates

Oct 24, 2013
regina sask
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shyla36 said:
Hi katiebates,
Click this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp
And you'll find the owp form and other info
thank you!! you should get a job with immigrations :D

applied4PR

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
red_gatsby said:
OMG!! So what happens if there's a 3 year break in driver status?
I hold a Singapore International driver's license too and been in Canada for 3 years now, never drove and never knew I could convert the license..
I was always told by a friend if I wanted drive here I'd need to re-do the whole learning process and had to be citizen or pr :'(
Im now still holding TRV and was initially thinking of trying to get it converted after AIP..
So am I somehow screwed now? :'(
Hi Gatsby, You should contact your nearest registry office and explain your situation to them. They should be able to help you out.

red_gatsby

Star Member
Nov 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
25-10-2013
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
applied4PR said:
Hi Gatsby, You should contact your nearest registry office and explain your situation to them. They should be able to help you out.
Thanks applied4PR!! I just pray that I dont need to re-do the whole driving process as a beginner again! :'(
Not looking forward to paying a huge sum after the PR application and inability to work for this long..

sunbrey

Feb 18, 2013
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2012
AOR Received.
29-12-2012
Med's Done....
01-11-2012
Interview........
Final Interview 10-18-2013
Hi Guys!

Happy to see things flying along for everyone

We are planing to go to New York on Dec 20th but we haven't received the Permant Residence card. We call in and the guy told us it takes 2 months and not 4 to 6 weeks.

I became a permanent resident on Oct 18 so its cutting it close.

I know we can't fly ... but can we take the bus / grey hound?
And what happens when we cross the boarder.

Also driving is another option ... are we allowed to do that with out the PR Card?

The person who we spoke to at the immgration office when we landed said we should travel at all.

Anyone here travelled across the boarder withour receiving their PR Card?

Thank You & God Bless!

katiebates

Oct 24, 2013
regina sask
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hockeyfan said:
It should be under apply as a worker and there's a form to extend, renew conditions or something. You need to fill out a physical form of the OWP and apply for it along with your PR application and write a note saying not to approve until AIP Stage 1 is given to you as the applicant.
ok i have filled in the form for owp. :eek:
my visitor visa runs out march 30th 2014, do i also need to re knew the visitor visa ???

sorry to ask 1000 questions i just get confused with the 1000 options!!!

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
katiebates said:
ok i have filled in the form for owp. :eek:
my visitor visa runs out march 30th 2014, do i also need to re knew the visitor visa ???

sorry to ask 1000 questions i just get confused with the 1000 options!!!
Hi Katie,

As long as you apply for an OWP along with your PR application, you will be given implied status meaning you can remain in Canada under the same conditions as your visitor visa. Make sure you fill out the OWP correctly. But once you have done that and applied before your current visa expires and CIC receives it, you get implied status until CIC gets back to you about your PR application.

There won't be a need to continually renew your visitor visa cause you have implied status under the OWP application.

All the best,

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
red_gatsby said:
Thanks applied4PR!! I just pray that I dont need to re-do the whole driving process as a beginner again! :'(
Not looking forward to paying a huge sum after the PR application and inability to work for this long..
Cool name!! I wish I had chosen that minus the "red_" part.