+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

cpaet10

Star Member
Jun 18, 2012
Cirene said:
Hello there cpaet10 :D that's pretty awesome. You must be feeling like you won lottery hehe.. Congrats.
[/quote

thats for sure especially when i saw my owp in the mail yesterday! me and my husband are happy finally i can find a better job now! thanks anyway :)

BobbyJo

Nov 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013
Med's Done....
19-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
AIP, DM & OWP 20-Jan-14
I realize that it's a gamble to submit the medical after sending the initial application, however we decided to chance it. I'm just wondering how many others on this forum have submitted their medical after applying but before CIC requested it. Were there any issues with matching your results to your application? Did you receive AIP and DM at the same time? It would be interesting to hear about your experiences.

BobbyJo

LaylaLala

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
13-Feb2013
Med's Request
17-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
4-Dec-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
29-Apr-2014
cpaet10 said:
hi guys. got my open work permit today. yehey!!!!
Congrats! I'm hoping to get mine in the mail today. Hope we hear some more good news today! ;D

JLynn1987

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2013
AOR Received.
24-06-2013
BobbyJo said:
I realize that it's a gamble to submit the medical after sending the initial application, however we decided to chance it. I'm just wondering how many others on this forum have submitted their medical after applying but before CIC requested it. Were there any issues with matching your results to your application? Did you receive AIP and DM at the same time? It would be interesting to hear about your experiences.

BobbyJo
I'm interested in hearing others' feedback as well! I'm also considering sending medical before its requested, however, I'm not sure how they would link it to my file, as I don't have a UCI number (only my sponsor does). Would that me enough to connect the two documents? Does anyone else (sponsored) NOT have their own UCI? I'm feeling a bit anxious about it, because it seems like everyone does!

I did ask for input on the 2012 thread and got the following response from QuebecOkie:

"I was advised by a CIC call centre representative NOT to submit the medical and police check before CIC requested them. (I didn't leave them out intentionally, I just lose about 40 IQ points the moment I look at a CIC form, and I somehow didn't realize I needed to include them.) I stressed over the decision a lot, but I ended up deciding to do both before they were requested.

This caused a *great* deal of confusion at the doctor's office. They tried to tell me I couldn't do the medical without the form from CIC (CIC sends you a form when they request the medical). I told them I wanted an up-front medical, but they were confused because my app was already submitted. In the end, I got what I wanted, though the doctor made very clear that he wasn't to be held responsible if my results were not properly matched up with my file (since I was doing it "wrong"). I noted my UCI number clearly on the doctor's "up-front medical" forms. (There's no place for the UCI on the up-front form, I just wrote it in where there was room.)

I sent in the proof of medical and the police certificate about three months after AOR. I sent a CSE (case specific enquiry) two months later to see if my documents had properly been matched to my file. I sent a follow-up after more than a month of no response to the first CSE. Finally, after more than two months since I sent the first enquiry, I received confirmation that both documents had been received and matched to my file.

For me, this worked out for the best, as I received AIP and DM at the same time (after more than a 10-month wait after AOR). Had I waited for CIC's request, it would have taken months more for DM. However, I can't say I "advise" you to do the same. I took the risk of them losing my documents, having to pay for medical twice (it was almost $400 where I had it done), and delaying my process anyway. I'm happy I did things the way I did, but I did it with the knowledge that I was risking spending money and time for nothing."

BobbyJo

Nov 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013
Med's Done....
19-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
AIP, DM & OWP 20-Jan-14
JLynn1987 said:
I'm interested in hearing others' feedback as well! I'm also considering sending medical before its requested, however, I'm not sure how they would link it to my file, as I don't have a UCI number (only my sponsor does). Would that me enough to connect the two documents? Does anyone else (sponsored) NOT have their own UCI? I'm feeling a bit anxious about it, because it seems like everyone does!
Thanks for posting this JLynn1987. You should have a UCI number if you have a Visitor's Visa/Record. It would have been the number that you put on your PR application.

BobbyJo

Nov 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013
Med's Done....
19-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
AIP, DM & OWP 20-Jan-14
Processing times were just updated by CIC.... Unfortunately it's still 11 months for both Step 1 and Step 2 :'(

JLynn1987

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2013
AOR Received.
24-06-2013
BobbyJo said:
Thanks for posting this JLynn1987. You should have a UCI number if you have a Visitor's Visa/Record. It would have been the number that you put on your PR application.
I didn't get anything 'official' when I entered Canada most recently (June 16). I'm from the US and lived very close to the border there, so the officer didn't even stamp my passport. I applied online for a visitor extension last week explaining why I have no official proof of entry in June, and I'm hoping they understand and will issue an extension. If so, it's my understanding that I will be issued a UCI at this time, correct? Would this UCI also be the one associated with my PR application? How can I be sure the information was 'shared' between departments?

Any help is much appreciated!

nrajani_99

Feb 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
25-04-2013
LANDED..........
WAITING FOR LANDING INTERVIEW
BobbyJo said:
Processing times were just updated by CIC.... Unfortunately it's still 11 months for both Step 1 and Step 2 :'(
but atleast they are working on Jan 14th app.. they jumped 11 days. already so they are moving..

BobbyJo

Nov 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013
Med's Done....
19-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
AIP, DM & OWP 20-Jan-14
JLynn1987 said:
I didn't get anything 'official' when I entered Canada most recently (June 16). I'm from the US and lived very close to the border there, so the officer didn't even stamp my passport. I applied online for a visitor extension last week explaining why I have no official proof of entry in June, and I'm hoping they understand and will issue an extension. If so, it's my understanding that I will be issued a UCI at this time, correct? Would this UCI also be the one associated with my PR application? How can I be sure the information was 'shared' between departments?

Any help is much appreciated!
My husband is also from the US and crossed the border many times without having his passport stamped; he had no problem receiving his visitor's extension. When you receive the document (it usually takes around 8 to 12 weeks to process) it will have your UCI number. It's the number listed as the "Client ID". You could also try calling CIC with your sponsor's ID number to see if they have assigned a number to you. Hope this helps.

JLynn1987

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2013
AOR Received.
24-06-2013
Thank you, BobbyJo. It's reassuring to hear that your husband didn't encounter any issues!

mimssimo

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
07-08-2013
Passport Req..
NO
LANDED..........
13-March -2014
JLynn1987 said:

I did ask for input on the 2012 thread and got the following response from QuebecOkie:

"I was advised by a CIC call centre representative NOT to submit the medical and police check before CIC requested them. (I didn't leave them out intentionally, I just lose about 40 IQ points the moment I look at a CIC form, and I somehow didn't realize I needed to include them.) I stressed over the decision a lot, but I ended up deciding to do both before they were requested.

This caused a *great* deal of confusion at the doctor's office. They tried to tell me I couldn't do the medical without the form from CIC (CIC sends you a form when they request the medical). I told them I wanted an up-front medical, but they were confused because my app was already submitted. In the end, I got what I wanted, though the doctor made very clear that he wasn't to be held responsible if my results were not properly matched up with my file (since I was doing it "wrong"). I noted my UCI number clearly on the doctor's "up-front medical" forms. (There's no place for the UCI on the up-front form, I just wrote it in where there was room.)

I sent in the proof of medical and the police certificate about three months after AOR. I sent a CSE (case specific enquiry) two months later to see if my documents had properly been matched to my file. I sent a follow-up after more than a month of no response to the first CSE. Finally, after more than two months since I sent the first enquiry, I received confirmation that both documents had been received and matched to my file.

For me, this worked out for the best, as I received AIP and DM at the same time (after more than a 10-month wait after AOR). Had I waited for CIC's request, it would have taken months more for DM. However, I can't say I "advise" you to do the same. I took the risk of them losing my documents, having to pay for medical twice (it was almost $400 where I had it done), and delaying my process anyway. I'm happy I did things the way I did, but I did it with the knowledge that I was risking spending money and time for nothing."
hi i send my medicla after application but i never recevied confirmation about this like its added to my application, juste the call center tel mi its add to my application, can you tell me how you do reveive conformation.

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
john6514520 said:
GOT AIP, WORK PERMIT and DM ALL TOGETHER! YAY! Any idea how long it takes for the Calgary office to contact us?
Congrats!!! That is amazing!!!

What date did you apply??

I would check in the 2012 Inland Thread to find about how long Calgary takes. Screech is very very helpful and knowledgeable about that!! :)

nrajani_99

Feb 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
25-04-2013
LANDED..........
WAITING FOR LANDING INTERVIEW
john6514520 said:
GOT AIP, WORK PERMIT and DM ALL TOGETHER! YAY! Any idea how long it takes for the Calgary office to contact us?
congrats

CANUSA31

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-01-2013
Wow John Congrats! I applied the same day as you and sent my medical, police check, and paid all fee's upfront so I'm REALLY HOPING I get what you just got too.