Med's Request
sent with app
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
AIP: August 8, 2014 OWP Received August 15, 2014 Decision Made: Jan. 26, 2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2015
HUGE CONGRATS to all who have received AIP !!! Sooo happy for you all!! I cannot get over how quickly things are going !! :D

sanda

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-May-2013
AOR Received.
09-May-2013
LANDED..........
15-March-2014
Congrats for your AIP, Allydx!!

But I think Allydx is not February applicant. Look up the spreadsheet. She was listed very top in January applicants. It means CIC is surely working on all applications even if good news are coming not in chronological order!

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
My apologies, i got so excited i didn't even notice it said AOR received in february! I gotta be honest with you, but i am going crazy right now! Because i don't know how you guys feel, but to me it feels like an end to a bad dream since we were so low on money that it was almost unbearable! It has been good and bad but when you don't have so much to do life can easily drag one down a little! Couldn't enjoy anything because we couldn't go out, there was always a feel of being worried something might happen to your health when you don't have health care so to me getting out and experience the world how i used to do is a very good feeling in the pit of my stomach :)

sweetpea22

Star Member
Nov 1, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
(received nothing so I called CIC)
LANDED..........
14-Feb-2014
Line.a said:
My apologies, i got so excited i didn't even notice it said AOR received in february! I gotta be honest with you, but i am going crazy right now! Because i don't know how you guys feel, but to me it feels like an end to a bad dream since we were so low on money that it was almost unbearable! It has been good and bad but when you don't have so much to do life can easily drag one down a little! Couldn't enjoy anything because we couldn't go out, there was always a feel of being worried something might happen to your health when you don't have health care so to me getting out and experience the world how i used to do is a very good feeling in the pit of my stomach :)
Sharing the same sentiment Line.a :(

But soon our time will come :D

Hoping that CIC keep this moving ;)

sweetpea22

Star Member
Nov 1, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
(received nothing so I called CIC)
LANDED..........
14-Feb-2014
Allydx said:
Hey everyone,

I don't post very often but We got AIP! :D ;D. I actually got the email yesterday, but I didn't check it until early this morning.

The police check and OWP were submitted with the application. My husband just need to do his medicals now.
Congratulations!

Finally heard some good news today ;D

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
sweetpea22 said:
Sharing the same sentiment Line.a :(

But soon our time will come :D

Hoping that CIC keep this moving ;)
Indeed it will. The help i have received from you guys and this forum is just immense, and feeling nearer to the end of all this is amazing :)

LaylaLala

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
13-Feb2013
Med's Request
17-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
4-Dec-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
29-Apr-2014
Line.a said:
It is a HUGE relief! I feel so empowered! LOL And isn't it wonderful to walk around without the worry of falling down and twisting your ankle , in fear of having to pay hundreds! Hahaha Now I can learn how to skate on ice! Hahaha :p

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
LaylaLala said:
It is a HUGE relief! I feel so empowered! LOL And isn't it wonderful to walk around without the worry of falling down and twisting your ankle , in fear of having to pay hundreds! Hahaha Now I can learn how to skate on ice! Hahaha :p
You know what.. this is the exact fear i had. I know it sounds silly, but who wants to pay hundreds of dollars for a broken ankle or something like that?! Bless you! I hope you enjoy it! :)

I can tell you one thing, i had a pretty nasty kitchen accident back in early 2012, where the knife accidentally slipped and i managed to cut the top of my finger off - i mean literally off.. i couldn't feel pain cause i severed the tendon and surrounding nerves and the bone was gone. Sorry if i gross you out haha. But i wasn't on any health care at all and didn't know it could be covered until after a plastic surgery and even physio therapy. I was very lucky it was the top tendons that were injured and it is all healed now, but the bill i received for it all was breathtakingly high! :p

rifat

Oct 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
06-18-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Interview........
10-21-2013
LANDED..........
July 23rd 2014 :)
kenalawaj said:
I got AIP on friday.Cic emailed me but I didn't checked my email until yesturday!! ;D ;D ...One of my forms was missing some information but i resent it yesturday, they should get it tomorrow i hope the finalize my application soon!!
Hey Congrats for your AIP, your part of the family on this forum now :)

rifat

Oct 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
06-18-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Interview........
10-21-2013
LANDED..........
jsker said:
I am in a really bad mood because of CIC today.
How does it take this long to see if we are qualified as sponsors? I've been waiting almost a year. It's like they're at work for 8 hours but only doing actual work for 2. Getting annoyed of opening my e-mail and seeing nothing.
Hi Jsker;

it's okay sweets :) my husband and I waited 20 months to get AIP DM. now the last step we're waiting for is his PR which will take I don't know how long. All the ppl that applied within this year and got AIP's are very lucky they got response this quick from CIC. I feel bad for my husband he couldn't work until now. so just a bit longer keep your fingers crossed and hopes high :)

rifat

Oct 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
06-18-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Interview........
10-21-2013
LANDED..........
angelrhea said:
My husband (sponsor) and I have received AIP emails from CIC this morning. CIC received our application on Jan 21, 2013 and the AOR date was Feb 8, 2013. We submitted the application along with medical exam results and police certificate. OWP was submitted seperately on Oct 10, 2013. I talked to an agent last week and wondered if the OWP was attached to our application. He advised that it was not yet attached.

I have been calling CIC (3 times) this morning but it says they won't be able to transfer my call to an agent due to high volumes of calls.

Also, My PGWP is expiring on Nov 24, 2013 so are my OHIP and SIN. Would I be able to extend my OHIP with AIP email?

Time line as follow:
Application date: Jan 21, 2013
AOR: Feb 8, 2013
OWP: Oct 10, 2013
AIP: Nov 9, 2013

Hey Congrats on your AIP to both of you :)

rifat

Oct 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
06-18-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Interview........
10-21-2013
LANDED..........
Ginabean said:
AIP, AIP, AIP, we got AIP!!! OMG everyone, I can't believe it! Minutes after I made that last post it showed up in e-mail box. I had to look at twice, I couldn't believe my eyes! I even cried! ;D
Congratulations to you :) happy for you guys :)

srfrwm

Oct 28, 2013
Hi everyone. I have just recently stumbled upon this forum and great to hear other similar stories. I am from Scotland and my husband is Canadian. Our application was received on 2nd April 2013 , as we checked this on their website.
After reading these forums we realised we never received any emails or mail from immigration. And seeing that most of you guys have AOR's then I decided to call and ask about this. After the 10th call and half an hour wait ( worth while to keep calling back, till you get through) I was told not everyone gets this , it depends on e type of application you have and I was told my paperwork is basically just sitting there waiting for my time. Is this correct as it seems everyone else has it except me. Am I stressing about nothing.
One other question , hope that's ok. I have applied for health care in BC but saying I am not eligible yet. When does this kick in , I thought it was after 3 months staying in BC. They have asked for any paperwork from CIC but that not much.
Many thanks if anyone can help. It's such a strange sensation you get so excited hearing they have all your paperwork and it has been checked but then get stressed in case you are not getting the right information. This turns you into a very paranoid individual. Lol. X x

rifat

Oct 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
06-18-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Interview........
10-21-2013
LANDED..........
Hi All;

Congrats to all the lovely people receiving AIP/DM/ and OWP. I'm happy for all you guys now comes the next step the one we are all waiting for and I'm hoping it would come by soon too :) fingers crossed.

and for those of you awaiting AIP, "Patience is a Virtue" You all will here some good news soon from CIC too :)

God Bless you All :) Cheers

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
srfrwm said:
Hi everyone. I have just recently stumbled upon this forum and great to hear other similar stories. I am from Scotland and my husband is Canadian. Our application was received on 2nd April 2013 , as we checked this on their website.
After reading these forums we realised we never received any emails or mail from immigration. And seeing that most of you guys have AOR's then I decided to call and ask about this. After the 10th call and half an hour wait ( worth while to keep calling back, till you get through) I was told not everyone gets this , it depends on e type of application you have and I was told my paperwork is basically just sitting there waiting for my time. Is this correct as it seems everyone else has it except me. Am I stressing about nothing.
One other question , hope that's ok. I have applied for health care in BC but saying I am not eligible yet. When does this kick in , I thought it was after 3 months staying in BC. They have asked for any paperwork from CIC but that not much.
Many thanks if anyone can help. It's such a strange sensation you get so excited hearing they have all your paperwork and it has been checked but then get stressed in case you are not getting the right information. This turns you into a very paranoid individual. Lol. X x
Are you living with your spouse in Canada? If so, you are eligible.

http://www.health.gov.bc.ca/msp/infoben/pdf/covering-a-spouse-or-child-who-is-an-applicant-for-permanent-resident-status-in-canada.pdf

(I live in BC so I know the BC rules). The refusal sounds like an error - though the AOR should have helped. Did you at least get your file number or UCI from the Call Centre? If you can get into e-CAS and print out the screen showing you have applied, that should be enough for the MSP folks.