+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

srfrwm

Oct 28, 2013
Wow thank you so much for your prompt reply. Very grateful. Yes I am living with my partner in Canada.
I will call healthcare and send any more paperwork they require. Thanks again. X

srfrwm

Oct 28, 2013
It was after I came off the phone I thought about getting the file number. But I have my client ID. So hoping that works for them. X

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
srfrwm said:
It was after I came off the phone I thought about getting the file number. But I have my client ID. So hoping that works for them. X
Normally you can get e-CAS information with the UCI (I think it is UCI+Name+DOB). With a screen printout that your application is in process the MSP folks shouldn't be giving you any grief at all. BC is usually pretty good about this sort of thing.

Ginabean

Jun 30, 2013
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
AOR Received.
10-02-2013
computergeek said:
Are you living with your spouse in Canada? If so, you are eligible.

http://www.health.gov.bc.ca/msp/infoben/pdf/covering-a-spouse-or-child-who-is-an-applicant-for-permanent-resident-status-in-canada.pdf

(I live in BC so I know the BC rules). The refusal sounds like an error - though the AOR should have helped. Did you at least get your file number or UCI from the Call Centre? If you can get into e-CAS and print out the screen showing you have applied, that should be enough for the MSP folks.
Unfortunately the wording on the MSP website is not clear. I also live in BC and tried applying for MSP several months ago. In order to qualify you must prove that your Application for Permanent Residence is in Process (it cannot show on e-CAS as simply being "Received"). This means that you are not eligible until you receive AIP.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Ginabean said:
Unfortunately the wording on the MSP website is not clear. I also live in BC and tried applying for MSP several months ago. In order to qualify you must prove that your Application for Permanent Residence is in Process (it cannot show on e-CAS as simply being "Received"). This means that you are not eligible until you receive AIP.
Based upon my own experience with MSP, this is not the case. The term "in process" is not included in the document I cited. In fact it specifically lists things like "proof of payment" as evidence (for example). Of course, sometimes one can obtain an adverse decision that is incorrect as well, but there is a challenge mechanism.

Are you out of status?

sweetpea22

Star Member
Nov 1, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
(received nothing so I called CIC)
LANDED..........
14-Feb-2014
Oh well the day is almost finish at least we heard 1 good news today from our fellow applicant ;)

I'm hoping tomorrow will be better :D

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
cpaet10 said:
hi guys. got my open work permit today. yehey!!!!
Hello there cpaet10 :D that's pretty awesome. You must be feeling like you won lottery hehe.. Congrats.

BobbyJo

Nov 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013
Med's Done....
19-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
AIP, DM & OWP 20-Jan-14
jayshe25 said:
Should I do my Medical already even though they're not asking for it? or should i wait for them to ask it??

Our application was filed in April 2013 and my husband did not do the medical up front because it is only valid for one year. CIC had advised him to wait until they request it so that he wouldn't have to redo it later if it expired. We decided however, not to wait, because once CIC requests the medical there is time added to the process (which we can surely do without!!! :-[). We would really like to receive AIP and DM at the same time, so he had the medical done yesterday. The exam, blood work and chest x-ray was a total of $206 which had to paid in cash. They did not require any forms from CIC, just his passport, UCI number, and a passport-sized photo. Once the results are back the doctor's office will submit the report to CIC electronically within the next two weeks. Hopefully with the electronic reporting there won't be any issues with matching the medical to our application. I personally think that it's worth it to do it now to save the additional processing time.

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
Hubby and I plan on sending CIC additional documents/information/proofs. I want to reference our case number however since we did not get AOR (the email they had on file for me - the sponsor - was incorrect so I had to call to confirm AOR) I don't have one on hand. Would the only way to get it now be to call CIC and suffer the dreaded wait on the phone to try to get into contact with an agent?

MaddyD

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Med's Request
23-01-2014 (+AIP)
Med's Done....
28-01-2014
BobbyJo said:
Our application was filed in April 2013 and my husband did not do the medical up front because it is only valid for one year. CIC had advised him to wait until they request it so that he wouldn't have to redo it later if it expired. We decided however, not to wait, because once CIC requests the medical there is time added to the process (which we can surely do without!!! :-[). We would really like to receive AIP and DM at the same time, so he had the medical done yesterday. The exam, blood work and chest x-ray was a total of $206 which had to paid in cash. They did not require any forms from CIC, just his passport, UCI number, and a passport-sized photo. Once the results are back the doctor's office will submit the report to CIC electronically within the next two weeks. Hopefully with the electronic reporting there won't be any issues with matching the medical to our application. I personally think that it's worth it to do it now to save the additional processing time.
We too applied back in April 2013, and have applied without the upfront medical. I completely understand the wishful thinking that providing an upfront medical will hasten the stage II processing (and even receiving AIP and DM at the same time just as well). Having contacted the local panel physician, the advice was to leave it until CIC requests it. Also, the panel physician asked me if I had an IME number (I assume this is what the CIC give you in the letter requesting the medical), which I did not (obviously) have. He even asked for my UCI, punched it in, and confirmed that I do not have an assigned IME number, without which (the physician explained) the results have a greater chance of not being matched to my application. I thanked him and didn't suggest if I could have one done any way.

I wish the sheets maintain had information of more applicants, then we'd be able to have a clearer picture of how things roll out in different situations. You'd be able to look at those who only submitted their medicals when requested and compare their stage II processing times against those who had an upfront medical. (Maybe its just me and my background, thinking that data analysis of immigration application information is the best use of my time while being unemployed)

My theory is that this AIP+DM is an artifact of longer-than-expected stage I processing (compared to the shorter times prior to the strike lull).

In any case, I hope you indeed receive your AIP and DM together (sooner rather than later).

Maddy

Ginabean

Jun 30, 2013
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
AOR Received.
10-02-2013
computergeek said:
Based upon my own experience with MSP, this is not the case. The term "in process" is not included in the document I cited. In fact it specifically lists things like "proof of payment" as evidence (for example). Of course, sometimes one can obtain an adverse decision that is incorrect as well, but there is a challenge mechanism.

Are you out of status?
I realize the the term "in process" is not included in the document you cited and that is why I mentioned that the wording on the MSP site is unclear (I actually should have said "misleading"). We were excited too when we originally read that document and applied as instructed with the e-CAS printout showing that the Application for Permanent Residence had been received by CIC, our receipt for payment, etc. This was the letter we received back (click on image to enlarge):

Were we wrongly denied do you think? It doesn't make any difference to us now because we received AIP yesterday but I sure am curious now.

jsker

Jul 8, 2013
Hamilton, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rifat said:
Hi Jsker;

it's okay sweets :) my husband and I waited 20 months to get AIP DM. now the last step we're waiting for is his PR which will take I don't know how long. All the ppl that applied within this year and got AIP's are very lucky they got response this quick from CIC. I feel bad for my husband he couldn't work until now. so just a bit longer keep your fingers crossed and hopes high :)
Thanks for the kind words, rifat. We are trying to stay patient but you know how it is! Good days and bad days lol. ::)

confused1

Apr 30, 2013
I have an odd question in regards to the police check and medical.

I applied back in May and got my Police Check from the UK done just beforehand. I have also not completed a medical as of yet. Now since a police check is valid for a year, would this mean that if i wait till i get AIP (which is around 11 months or so) and wait to do medical, there is a chance that i would need to get another police check completed if it goes past the valid date on the certificate before my medical is completed? or would they just accept it as is as was submitted with application when i first sent it?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!