Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
rifat said:
QuebecOkie;
Yes you're right, but it's another 11 months wait before they call you for Landing Interview as it shows on CIC. they just changed their times to 11 months from 8 months. I was told by the Immigration Officer that they normally review the step 2 apps fairly quickly as in no more than 4 - 6 months but however if they Local Office is busy they will take there full time... I wonder why My husband and I are always asked to wait... they made us wait an extra 14 months before they called us for an interview for 1 stage now they are making us wait again for PR.....
It's so unfair, how inconsistent CIC is. Two very similar apps can have drastically different timelines for no real reason. 19 months for an interview and AIP is absolutely ridiculous. I'm sorry you and your husband are still waiting. Hopefully your luck will change, and your DM is fast approaching! Keep your chin up, and remember that in the end, it's worth it for love. You will NOT be stuck in this process forever, no matter how much it feels like you might be.

Xenocat

May 25, 2013
Its getting so close to my turn. I don't know how much longer I can contain the anxiety. Each day it builds more and more, the closer I get! Congrats to those have gotten their AIP!

rifat

Oct 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
06-18-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Interview........
10-21-2013
LANDED..........
July 23rd 2014 :)
Happywife08 said:
guys can one cancel an application and apply outland?

If yes..When?

can it be done if ecas says they are processing it already? or not?
Happywife08:

I had asked this same question to one of the CIC officer and she told me that yes we can but it'll be the same time around for waiting and they will have all your notes on file for you why you withdrew your application and they will question you when they call you if they call you for an interview they will ask you why you withdrew your application and they will also look at your app as red flag... thats the info I was given by the CIC. though it says processing time 28 days initial assessment time but the remaining time is still the same as 14 to 19 months of waiting depending on which country your applying from. I would suggest if you have already applied inland and have waited a bit just wait a bit more you never know when they'll call you for landing interview... My husband and my case was serious thats why it took us 22 months before they called us for first stage interview and approved us... I hope your case is not complicated and there's no red flags on your file so it would go through faster... I hope this helps answer your questions.

rifat

Oct 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
06-18-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Interview........
10-21-2013
LANDED..........
QuebecOkie said:
It's so unfair, how inconsistent CIC is. Two very similar apps can have drastically different timelines for no real reason. 19 months for an interview and AIP is absolutely ridiculous. I'm sorry you and your husband are still waiting. Hopefully your luck will change, and your DM is fast approaching! Keep your chin up, and remember that in the end, it's worth it for love. You will NOT be stuck in this process forever, no matter how much it feels like you might be.
QuebecOkie;

Yes I know it's so unfair... I'm hoping that CIC works on our file faster and I can just forget about all this and just start my life with my Husband and my unborn child due in January... getting close... I just hope they send us some sort of good news soon...

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
shyla36 said:
Wow, congrats laylalala. Am happy for you :)
Congrats Laylalala I'm so happy for you! :)

rifat

Oct 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
06-18-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Interview........
10-21-2013
LANDED..........
QuebecOkie said:
We actually had a real serious reason why they took that long for them to process or even call us for an interview.. I'm thankful that I satisfied the Officer and cleared all doubts on our file that she approved us both ... but we're now waiting for his Landing Interview.... lets see how long that'll be since they've changed the time...

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Xenocat said:
Its getting so close to my turn. I don't know how much longer I can contain the anxiety. Each day it builds more and more, the closer I get! Congrats to those have gotten their AIP!
I think we applied the same day, the excitement is unbearable almost!!

mimssimo

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
07-08-2013
Passport Req..
NO
LANDED..........
13-March -2014
rifat said:
QuebecOkie;
Yes you're right, but it's another 11 months wait before they call you for Landing Interview as it shows on CIC. they just changed their times to 11 months from 8 months. I was told by the Immigration Officer that they normally review the step 2 apps fairly quickly as in no more than 4 - 6 months but however if they Local Office is busy they will take there full time... I wonder why My husband and I are always asked to wait... they made us wait an extra 14 months before they called us for an interview for 1 stage now they are making us wait again for PR.....

I think for 8 month to 11 month stage 2 it's just a mistak, because in French version is always 8 month;
http://www.cic.gc.ca/francais/information/delais/perm-cf.asp

I hope that if that exactly I think cancel my application and I send a new application Outland.

green.puply

Mar 6, 2013
filipina311 said:
hello! can you also add me to the thread guys?

Filed App. (Inland and OWP): AUgust 20,2013
received AOR: September 16, 2013
MEds and Police Report: Filed with Inland App already!

Thanks.

BY the way, did anyone apply for a temporary tax number already? My husband is yet to declare his status as married, and since im giving birth in 2 weeks, we need to apply for CCTB. I read somewhere here i need to get a temporary tax number first. Hope somebody knows about this, thank you!
For your individual tax number (temporary tax number), you can fill in this form
http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pbg/tf/t1261/
and this is the forum can answer some basic questions about this
http://www.taxback.com/can-itn-faq.asp

In addition, your husband can always inform CRA anytime about his status changed and he is married now (it will increase the GST/HST credit he received - from single to family credit - it is a good thing)

Best wishes for your family
^^!

rifat

Oct 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
06-18-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Interview........
10-21-2013
LANDED..........
mimssimo said:
I think for 8 month to 11 month stage 2 it's just a mistak, because in French version is always 8 month;
http://www.cic.gc.ca/francais/information/delais/perm-cf.asp

I hope that if that exactly I think cancel my application and I send a new application Outland.
Well I so hope that it is only 8 months because the CIC ppl say that they have 8 months there but they normally go through pr apps fairly quickly depending on when it was received.. I had sent in my PR app for my husband with the original sponsorship application. I was told by the Immigration officer who interviewed us last month that my husband won't receive his PR before Jan for sure but that doesn't mean that it'll take full 8 months. thats what she had told us in October. they then requested for his FBI Cert from the states so we are waiting for that to come back and once we get that submitted to CIC we are hoping to receive an answer hopefully no longer than March... I just hope that they don't take more then 6 months to process his PR app.

however it was a bit shocking to see that they have actually changed the step 2 time to 11 months. I'm actually going to call them and ask them tomorrow about this.. I hope I get a nice response that it is just a mistake.... or it could be that so many ppl are receiving AIP's/DMs/ and OWP so quickly that there back logged with all the applications... but they shud still go through the apps quickly... I don't want to assume anything I'll just call them tomorrow.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Xenocat said:
Yeah, Think we'll hear something this week? Did you go thru a lawyer/consultant?
I think within the next two weeks or so yeah. No we did the application by ourselves, what about you?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Happywife08 said:
guys can one cancel an application and apply outland?

If yes..When?

can it be done if ecas says they are processing it already? or not?
It can be done at any point in time. Note that if they have started processing the application they will not refund the fees.

LaylaLala

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
13-Feb2013
Med's Request
17-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
4-Dec-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
29-Apr-2014
rifat said:
Congrats LaylaLala:
I am happy for you. You should receive your OWP in the mail most likely by Tuesday or Wednesday.. thats how quickly my husband got his OWP when he was actually going to get it on the day of the interview but because their printers broke so the officer mailed in the OWP same day. I'm sure you'll get it in couple days too. but all the best and Congrats again :)
I do hope so! I can't wait to have those papers in my hand. BTW, what do you mean interview? I didn't get any notifications about an interview. Is it because not everyone has to go for an interview after AIP?