21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
cpaet10 said:
hi guys i received email from CIC today. this is what it says on the letter.

This letter refers to tour application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law partner in canada class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in canada class. however, a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. these requirements include medical, security and backgrounds checks for you and if applicable all of your family members both in canada and abroad even if they are not applying to join you in canada at this time. you cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have these requirements.

you may now apply for an open work work permit which allow you to work in the occupation and location of your choice.

My question are:

1. Is this AIP already?
2. I did my medical last May 2013 but on ecas its not updated. Do i have to call them that i already did my medical?
3. And last i included my Open work permit application when i submitted my application. Do i have to inform them too?

Thanks.

My info:
Received application Jan. 18, 2013
AOR. Feb. 14, 2013
Medical May 15, 2013
Congrats, yes that is your AIP. No you don't have to call them about your medical they will get it when they are ready. Your OWP should be along in a week or so. If it doesn't show up, then call.

Ginabean

Jun 30, 2013
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
AOR Received.
10-02-2013
guri3577 said:
Welcome to the thread :) You will be getting good news any time now.
Thank you so much! 8) It has been a long, stressful haul -as everyone here knows WELL! I can't emphasize enough how much this forum has helped keep my husband and I sane. I've seen people on here say that nobody else understands (family, friends etc.) and that is SOOOO true. We were fed up long ago of people asking what is taking so long -in tones insinuating that is was US who weren't doing enough to speed up the process - I think that has actually been the most stressful part of all!

Anyway, I know I've been pretty quiet around here but I've been checking in every day for months, quietly empathizing and more recently, cheering people on! Huge congrats to everyone who have received their wonderful news lately! ;D

cpaet10

Star Member
Jun 18, 2012
Alurra71 said:
Congrats, yes that is your AIP. No you don't have to call them about your medical they will get it when they are ready. Your OWP should be along in a week or so. If it doesn't show up, then call.
yay thank you so much, finally were moving on...

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
cpaet10 said:
yay thank you so much, finally were moving on...
Congrats :) Next in line are Allydx,PaoladeCano,Salsal31, and Lalala11.

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
cpaet10 said:
hi guys i received email from CIC today. this is what it says on the letter.

This letter refers to tour application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law partner in canada class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in canada class. however, a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. these requirements include medical, security and backgrounds checks for you and if applicable all of your family members both in canada and abroad even if they are not applying to join you in canada at this time. you cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have these requirements.

you may now apply for an open work work permit which allow you to work in the occupation and location of your choice.

My question are:

1. Is this AIP already?
2. I did my medical last May 2013 but on ecas its not updated. Do i have to call them that i already did my medical?
3. And last i included my Open work permit application when i submitted my application. Do i have to inform them too?

Thanks.

My info:
Received application Jan. 18, 2013
AOR. Feb. 14, 2013
Medical May 15, 2013

Wow, Congratulations! More more good news-:)

azurarises

Nov 15, 2013
Hello,

My name is Juans and I am brand new to the site and hope I am in the right section to ask my question. I will explain a bit about my situation and hope that someone can point me in the right direction or to the right forum if this is not the right one. Thanks!

My husband who is a UK citizen and I have been married for three years. During this time we did not apply for him to come to Canada as I had plans on moving to the UK and residing there. I have spent time off and on in the last three years saving money and visiting him for months at a time on my own savings. I am extremely fortunate to be employed at a workplace who understands my situation and that allows me time off during low season to be with him (I live in a resort town). At the time we were married my husband was on Medical Benefit for depression/anxiety/stress and so he was unable to sponsor me for a spousal visa. We decided that he would need to come off of medical benefit (which he has) and begin searching for work. He is now on Job Seekers Allowance, but has been job searching for a year and still is unable to obtain work. I feel his age is against him (he is 53 and I am 31) and at the moment he would still be unable to sponsor me even if he found a job, because he would probably still not be making the 18,600GBP the UK government is now requiring as of July 2013. This has left us shattered and fills me with a lot of despair of ever being able to live in the UK with him. I have been left feeling that the process in the UK is against us. Sadly from reading forums for people in situations like mine, it seems to be a the norm more than the exception. The amount is in appeals with the High Court but will not go to court until March of 2014, and all applications will be on hold for those who do not meet the money requirement. Right now we are stuck in limbo and he continues to Job Search for full time employment.

We have decided that with all the trouble we have had with trying to file in the UK, that perhaps now that he is no longer on a Medical Benefit, that it would be better for him to come to Canada and at least we would be able to physically be with each other. However, this would mean he would have to notify Jobseekers Allowance he is leaving the country and he would have to give up his rental flat, and sell everything in order to come here to be with me. I am unsure of how to go about this. I dont mind the long wait times for an Inland Application. I have a decent job and can support the two of us for the time required if need be. In the meantime I would also be looking for an LMO for him as the resort town where I reside often offers them as a way to gain permanent employees.

I have a few questions though. How do you begin an Inland Application? Should he come to Canada as a visitor and then once he is in the country, he stays and I begin the process of applying to sponsor him? I am afraid he will be turned away at the border if they know he has no flat or income to return to. That is also part of the problem. If he IS turned away he will be homeless, something I couldnt bear. Will Border Patrol ask him a lot of questions when he arrives if I buy him a six month ticket? or should I buy him a ticket for a few weeks as a visitor and just cancel the ticket after he is here? Whenever he has visited for a few weeks in the past he hasnt had many questions asked of him. He just states he is visiting his wife and because he has a return ticket for a couple weeks later, he is waved through.

I apologize for the very long post. I just want to be able to be with my husband for longer than a few months or weeks at a time. The last three years have been a nightmare and the process in the UK has left me very disheartened about ever being able to reside there. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance, Juans

fedepinedo

Star Member
Oct 4, 2010
Regina
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-05-2012
guri3577 said:
Congratulations

Muaaaaaaajaja. January 18.?!$$!!!$

jsker

Jul 8, 2013
Hamilton, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
guri3577 said:
I think me as well! :D

Here is my info if you want to add me to the spreadsheet

App received: Jan. 17th 2013
AOR: Feb. 13th 2013
Meds/OWP sent with app: Yes

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
I can't hold back the excitement I am so happy for you all :)

WaitingKiwi

Star Member
Aug 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
Med's Done....
18-04-2013
azurarises said:
I have a few questions though. How do you begin an Inland Application? Should he come to Canada as a visitor and then once he is in the country, he stays and I begin the process of applying to sponsor him? I am afraid he will be turned away at the border if they know he has no flat or income to return to. That is also part of the problem. If he IS turned away he will be homeless, something I couldnt bear. Will Border Patrol ask him a lot of questions when he arrives if I buy him a six month ticket? or should I buy him a ticket for a few weeks as a visitor and just cancel the ticket after he is here? Whenever he has visited for a few weeks in the past he hasnt had many questions asked of him. He just states he is visiting his wife and because he has a return ticket for a couple weeks later, he is waved through.

I apologize for the very long post. I just want to be able to be with my husband for longer than a few months or weeks at a time. The last three years have been a nightmare and the process in the UK has left me very disheartened about ever being able to reside there. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance, Juans

Hi,

Sounds like a tricky situation. I would recommend to figure out if you are eligible to sponsor first. You probably have alot of evidence gathered already from the UK process, but continue to gather evidence to support your application. Here is a link to the application guides, you should send the application when he is in Canada.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289ETOC.asp

When I came over knowing I would apply, I just said at the boarder I was on holiday and I had a return ticket which I cancelled and proof of funds to support myself. I was scared to mention that I planned on applying for PR as I was scared they wouldn't let me in. I went through smoothly. If you are supporting him perhaps you can give him a letter saying you will support him on his holiday ect to help him though.

When you apply you should send an application for an Open work permit as well, so when his visitors visa expires he will be under Implied status until you get approval to be a sponsor - which is when he will also receive his Open work permit.

Hope that helps you a little.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
azurarises said:
Hello,

My name is Juans and I am brand new to the site and hope I am in the right section to ask my question. I will explain a bit about my situation and hope that someone can point me in the right direction or to the right forum if this is not the right one. Thanks!

My husband who is a UK citizen and I have been married for three years. During this time we did not apply for him to come to Canada as I had plans on moving to the UK and residing there. I have spent time off and on in the last three years saving money and visiting him for months at a time on my own savings. I am extremely fortunate to be employed at a workplace who understands my situation and that allows me time off during low season to be with him (I live in a resort town). At the time we were married my husband was on Medical Benefit for depression/anxiety/stress and so he was unable to sponsor me for a spousal visa. We decided that he would need to come off of medical benefit (which he has) and begin searching for work. He is now on Job Seekers Allowance, but has been job searching for a year and still is unable to obtain work. I feel his age is against him (he is 53 and I am 31) and at the moment he would still be unable to sponsor me even if he found a job, because he would probably still not be making the 18,600GBP the UK government is now requiring as of July 2013. This has left us shattered and fills me with a lot of despair of ever being able to live in the UK with him. I have been left feeling that the process in the UK is against us. Sadly from reading forums for people in situations like mine, it seems to be a the norm more than the exception. The amount is in appeals with the High Court but will not go to court until March of 2014, and all applications will be on hold for those who do not meet the money requirement. Right now we are stuck in limbo and he continues to Job Search for full time employment.

We have decided that with all the trouble we have had with trying to file in the UK, that perhaps now that he is no longer on a Medical Benefit, that it would be better for him to come to Canada and at least we would be able to physically be with each other. However, this would mean he would have to notify Jobseekers Allowance he is leaving the country and he would have to give up his rental flat, and sell everything in order to come here to be with me. I am unsure of how to go about this. I dont mind the long wait times for an Inland Application. I have a decent job and can support the two of us for the time required if need be. In the meantime I would also be looking for an LMO for him as the resort town where I reside often offers them as a way to gain permanent employees.

Thanks in Advance, Juans
Hello! I can give you a few advises for you! Since he's from the UK you can sponsor him outside or inside Canada! If he comes out to Canada on a tourist visa and you guys apply for an inland route and include an open work permit, he will be under implied status the whole process. It is a very long wait however. I think it's about 11 months for 1st stage (after applicant in principal is approved he is allowed to work) and then another 8 months or so. But some get decision made quickly after 1st stage! If you apply Outland it is much faster but if you're wanting to stay together he'd have to keep renewing his status in Canada whenever it runs up. He can extend it online. Europe is much harder to move to unfortunately, it requires plenty. I am even worried about sponsoring my hubby to live in Denmark with me one day. In Canada you need to prove you can sponsor him and support him as well, but it's not as strict as in the UK. Hope this helps a little!

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Proof such as:
Marriage certificate
Plenty of pictures
Copies of passport stamps you visiting him and vice versa
Copies of boarding passes
Letters you sent to each other
Joined bank accounts
Anything you can think of that combine your affair!

WaitingKiwi

Star Member
Aug 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
Med's Done....
18-04-2013
Yeah its nice to come on this thread and see it becoming so positive with good news. I didn't submit my application until April 2013 but I can´t wait lol. Im sure when the the April applications start getting processed it will be a full time job pressing refresh on my browser with a bottle of champange in the fridge waiting for that magic e-mail ;D

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
WaitingKiwi said:
Yeah its nice to come on this thread and see it becoming so positive with good news. I didn't submit my application until April 2013 but I can´t wait lol. Im sure when the the April applications start getting processed it will be a full time job pressing refresh on my browser with a bottle of champange in the fridge waiting for that magic e-mail ;D
I know exactly what you mean! It really seems like they are speeding up as well, so even if you applied in April it might not be so far away! :) champagne is definitely one thing that will be stocked in the fridge! Holy moly it's gonna be happy days! :)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
azurarises said:
Hello,

Thanks in Advance, Juans
I know this is an inland thread... but I don't see any reason for you to sponsor him inland. You would be done most likely with the outland process before he gets the first stage inland. You can sponsor him now... while he is still in the UK and job searching if he wishes to stay, or need time to pack up his life.

If you're married, have a decent income, and no criminal record, then you probably qualify as a sponsor. So gather the outland forms, fill them out, have your husband do the same, gather everything and send the application. First stage is currently a month (more or less, it goes up and down), and after that your file will be sent to London... then you wait :)

In the meantime, your husband can look at moving to Canada. He has time to sell his stuff, give up his apartment, notify all the authorities in the Uk, say good bye to friends and family etc, and when he is ready he can come and "visit" you in Canada. If he has never been given troubles before, there is no reason he will this time. Of course, there is no guarantee that he will be let in the country, but a lot of applicants going through London have done (me included) without any issue. If you want to be on the safe side, he can buy a return ticket with a 6 months date, and he will most likely be given a 6 months stamp at the border. Then he can cancel it... before the 6 months are up, he should send a request to extend his visitor status - with a PR application on going, and proofs that you can support him, there is no reason to be denied. He can legally wait in Canada until his PR comes through. He won't have to send his passport to London... when his PR is ready, they will send the COPR (confirmation of PR) to your address in Canada (once in Canada, he should let CIC know that he is there and update his mailing address), and with that, you can go to any US border and "land" as a PR.

Lots of the applicants going through London end up waiting in Canada as they do not want to be separated from their spouse, and it's hard to be on a tourist visa and not be able to work, but apart from that, there aren't many disadvantages.

Good luck,
Sweden