App received: Jan. 17th 2013
AOR: Feb. 13th 2013
Meds/OWP sent with app: Yes
I have added you :)

salsal31

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
cpaet10 said:
hi guys i received email from CIC today. this is what it says on the letter.

This letter refers to tour application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law partner in canada class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in canada class. however, a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. these requirements include medical, security and backgrounds checks for you and if applicable all of your family members both in canada and abroad even if they are not applying to join you in canada at this time. you cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have these requirements.

you may now apply for an open work work permit which allow you to work in the occupation and location of your choice.

My question are:

1. Is this AIP already?
2. I did my medical last May 2013 but on ecas its not updated. Do i have to call them that i already did my medical?
3. And last i included my Open work permit application when i submitted my application. Do i have to inform them too?

Thanks.

My info:
Received application Jan. 18, 2013
AOR. Feb. 14, 2013
Medical May 15, 2013
Congratulations

PaoladeCano

Star Member
Feb 2, 2013
Hi All,

I got email from CIC yesterday!!! - first I got the email telling me that I meet the requirements to sponsor my husband, and within literally two minutes, he got this email:

"This letter refers to tour application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law partner in canada class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in canada class. however, a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. these requirements include medical, security and backgrounds checks for you and if applicable all of your family members both in canada and abroad even if they are not applying to join you in canada at this time. you cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have these requirements.

You may now apply for an open work permit which allow you to work in the occupation and location of your choice."

HURRAY!!!! he also got a separate email with the medical form to bring to the Dr.´s office.

I got home pretty late last night due to some previous work engagements but could´t wait to give you the news. Just as a refresher, our application was received on January 7, 2013.

It is happening!!! we are all getting the great news soon! I was so paranoid for 11 months thinking and wondering if we missed a paper, or if we didm´t submit enough back up and photos and such... had the best sleep last night in a very, very long time. Hubby is still in a bit of shock I think. Now he is going to be pretty busy getting settled :D

All the best to all!!

p

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
"These requirements include medical, security and backgrounds checks for you and if applicable all of your family members both in canada and abroad even if they are not applying to join you in canada at this time. you cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have these requirements"

So like kids and such?

Not our parents/siblings who are residing home who has nothing to do with it, right?

mimssimo

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
07-08-2013
Passport Req..
NO
LANDED..........
13-March -2014
PaoladeCano said:
Hi All,

I got email from CIC yesterday!!! - first I got the email telling me that I meet the requirements to sponsor my husband, and within literally two minutes, he got this email:

"This letter refers to tour application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law partner in canada class.

You may now apply for an open work permit which allow you to work in the occupation and location of your choice."

HURRAY!!!! he also got a separate email with the medical form to bring to the Dr.´s office.

I got home pretty late last night due to some previous work engagements but could´t wait to give you the news. Just as a refresher, our application was received on January 7, 2013.

It is happening!!! we are all getting the great news soon! I was so paranoid for 11 months thinking and wondering if we missed a paper, or if we didm´t submit enough back up and photos and such... had the best sleep last night in a very, very long time. Hubby is still in a bit of shock I think. Now he is going to be pretty busy getting settled :D

All the best to all!!

p
Congrat, you get just AIP, I think Somme peuple get AIP and DM in the same time, are you send with your application medical, police Clarence,

aakpawan

Star Member
Dec 11, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 14th, 2013
AOR Received.
Feb. 9th, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec. 17th, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan. 22nd, 2014
mimssimo said:
Congrat, you get just AIP, I think Somme peuple get AIP and DM in the same time, are you send with your application medical, police Clarence,
You right, I sent my medicals and police clearance with my application at once that's how I got AIP and DM at the same time.

SaskiaL

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2013
AOR Received.
05-02-2013
Med's Done....
??-10-2012
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP 12-11-2013 DM 22-04-2014
LANDED..........
02-07-2014
aakpawan said:
You right, I sent my medicals and police clearance with my application at once that's how I got AIP and DM at the same time.
I don't think sending the meds and police check in with your application guarantees that you get AIP and DM simultaneously. At least I hope so, because we sent them in with our application and didn't get DM with AIP.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
SaskiaL said:
I don't think sending the meds and police check in with your application guarantees that you get AIP and DM simultaneously. At least I hope so, because we sent them in with our application and didn't get DM with AIP.
It does not guarantee it, but it at least makes it possible. If the PCC and medical results are not available at AIP time, then it is certain that DM will not happen at that point in time (since they are both statutory requirements).

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
Congrats to PaoladeCane on getting AIP :)

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
Line.a said:
"These requirements include medical, security and backgrounds checks for you and if applicable all of your family members both in canada and abroad even if they are not applying to join you in canada at this time. you cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have these requirements"

So like kids and such?

Not our parents/siblings who are residing home who has nothing to do with it, right?
Yes, this applies only to immediate family members like spouses and kids.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
guri3577 said:
Yes, this applies only to immediate family members like spouses and kids.
The point is that anyone you could sponsor in the future in the EDE category (exempt from the A38 excessive demand) must be examined (even if they're EDE now and thus it wouldn't matter). You can sponsor parents, but they aren't exempt. Children (and spouses) are.

For economic classes, the point is that they don't want someone applying but omitting a family member that would be inadmissible. While not logical, they apply the same exact reasoning to the spouse/dependent sponsor categories as well.

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
computergeek said:
The point is that anyone you could sponsor in the future in the EDE category (exempt from the A38 excessive demand) must be examined (even if they're EDE now and thus it wouldn't matter). You can sponsor parents, but they aren't exempt. Children (and spouses) are.

For economic classes, the point is that they don't want someone applying but omitting a family member that would be inadmissible. While not logical, they apply the same exact reasoning to the spouse/dependent sponsor categories as well.
I guess I should have added this applies for spousal application only since parents wouldn't be examined :)
But,nonetheless you always have the complete answers 8)

salsal31

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
PaoladeCano said:
Hi All,

All the best to all!!

p
Congratulations

SaskiaL

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2013
AOR Received.
05-02-2013
Med's Done....
??-10-2012
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP 12-11-2013 DM 22-04-2014
LANDED..........
02-07-2014
guri3577 said:
I guess I should have added this applies for spousal application only since parents wouldn't be examined :)
But,nonetheless you always have the complete answers 8)
I learn so much in this forum! I always thought they'd also examine my parents. Well, if it's really just me they are looking at it shouldn't take much longer for them to process my app.

Question: If my med has expired they would send me an email/a letter with the AIP, right? I got the meds done in October last year and I am worried that I'll have to do it again.

PaoladeCano

Star Member
Feb 2, 2013
mimssimo said:
We sent police records with our app, but didn´t send the medical, so gotta send it over and then wait, but the great news is that my hubby is now allowed to work in Canada while we wait for the DM.