AOR Received.
06-18-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Interview........
10-21-2013
LANDED..........
July 23rd 2014 :)
Since my husband has been approved and I have AIP. can I apply for governement housing since I just lost my job.... and I'm pregnant... going through some really crucial timing....

need quick response please

colivia

Apr 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2013
AOR Received.
19-04-2013
Med's Done....
23-01-2013
Interview........
not requested
VISA ISSUED...
AIP & DM: 21-01-2014
Line.a said:
Am I the only one who starts checking emails very often now? Ha!
Line.a you're not the only one... I check my the email everyday including the junk folder!
on top of that I'm on ecas at least once every week to make sure I haven't miss anything ;D

good to see they're moving to the 2013 applications!!

UKZippy

Star Member
Dec 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2013
AOR Received.
11-02-2013
Med's Request
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
Been here since 2011 - PR on 28/05/2015
dawlex said:
Hi everyone, have been so busy lately and have not been here in quite a while, but just popping in to say that we got our DM letter today! Hubby has a landing appointment in November. Very happy and relieved this is all over. Best Luck to all of you who are still patiently waiting.
dawlex......CONGRATS!!!!

UKZippy

Star Member
Dec 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2013
AOR Received.
11-02-2013
Med's Request
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
Been here since 2011 - PR on 28/05/2015
Morning all,

I'm not trying this but was wondering....once I have my OWP, could I leave Canada on vaccation without worrying about not being let back in?

trana

Mar 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2013
Med's Done....
Up front
rifat said:
Can anyone tell me about the FBI Certificate from the US. how long it takes and what do they need in the certificate? do they also put marital status from the US in the Police Certificate or is it just criminal record?

I need some info on this if anyone knws please. will greatly appreciate it.
Hi rifat,

I live in Ontario and was told I could no longer get my fingerprints done at a local police office. So I had to get to one of those fingerprinting service shops. I then submitted the form via mail to the FBI. You want to make sure you can track the mail so you know when it is delivered and it is a proof of your mail as well.

I received my FBI criminal record clearance from the FBI 4 and a half weeks after it was delivered.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
UKZippy said:
Morning all,

I'm not trying this but was wondering....once I have my OWP, could I leave Canada on vaccation without worrying about not being let back in?
The chance is probably good since you're from the UK but I would personally wait until everything is dealt with! I know how you feel though, I had often thought about going away for a bit once getting OWP!

lovekid

Oct 25, 2013
T.
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
September, 2013
Good morning,

I was reading all over the forum yesterday night. And found some information that sounds a bit confusing to me.

If I applied for OWP, that means I am automatically in an implied status?

I am currently working under postgrad OWP, and it expires next spring. So according the information I found on this forum I am eligible to work after my postrad OWP expires. Is this true?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
lovekid said:
Good morning,

I was reading all over the forum yesterday night. And found some information that sounds a bit confusing to me.

I am currently working under post-grad OWP, and it expires next spring. So according the information I found on this forum I am eligible to work after my post-grad OWP expires. Is this true?
If you are working with a PGWP, then NO you can no continue working on that permit because it can not be extended, from what I understand. When you get your OWP that you applied for when you sent in your sponsorship paperwork then you can continue working. I am given to understand that the PGWP and the IEC are two different types of working permits and neither are extendable inside Canada.

If this is not correct, I am sure a more senior member will correct me.

salsal31

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
Line.a said:
Am I the only one who starts checking emails very often now? Ha!
You are not the only one, I am actually anxious now. I hope I did not forget anything important in my application. I am told the application can be returned if not complete, can you imagine an application being returned after waiting this long........thats scary. I hope more 2013 applicants start receiving more good news this week.

lovekid

Oct 25, 2013
T.
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
September, 2013
Alurra71 said:
If you are working with a PGWP, then NO you can no continue working on that permit because it can not be extended, from what I understand. When you get your OWP that you applied for when you sent in your sponsorship paperwork then you can continue working. I am given to understand that the PGWP and the IEC are two different types of working permits and neither are extendable inside Canada.

If this is not correct, I am sure a more senior member will correct me.
Thank you so much. I actually have found a conversation about this topic, and the conclusion stated that it is fine to work after. I wanted to give a link to that thread, but I am not allowed to post links yet.

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
dawlex said:
Hi everyone, have been so busy lately and have not been here in quite a while, but just popping in to say that we got our DM letter today! Hubby has a landing appointment in November. Very happy and relieved this is all over. Best Luck to all of you who are still patiently waiting.
Why did they transfer your file to the local immigration if you don't mind my asking?....congratulations on your DM

CANUSA31

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-01-2013
^^ I was on a 1 year post grad work permit...I was trying to figure out if it was extendible or not as well. I found out that it IS NOT extendible and you can't work on implied status from a PGWP. A lot of people on this website say that it's ok to work if you send in a open work permit, but that is simply false information.

If you continue to work, you put yourself into the hands of CIC and can face some serious consequences. Even if you tell them you didn't know you couldn't work, they won't care...ignorance isn't a sufficient answer to them. Be careful what you choose to do. It sucks having to stop working like I had to, but the other consequences are way worse.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
lovekid said:
Good morning,

I am currently working under postgrad OWP, and it expires next spring. So according the information I found on this forum I am eligible to work after my postrad OWP expires. Is this true?
If you submit your OWP, you can only work until your PGWP expires. You can go back to work when you get your OWP. However if you do get your OWP before your PGWP expires, then nothing changes, you can continue working continuously. There have been a lot of debate on whether people can get "implied status" on PGWP and continue working past PGWP expire date. Some people says they can and CIC call centres says they can. I still believe that you cannot work past PGWP date on account that it is not extendable. Other people tells me otherwise. I tried sending email to the questions.cic.gc.ca email and gotten a response that unless it is related to my current application in the system, they won't answer my question. So since my wife was never on PGWP and now landed, I can never get an official response on the subject matter regarding implied status for PGWP.

Only chance I can get any official statement is if someone posted an email from CIC saying they cannot continue working past PGWP visa date like someone did with their IEC visa. The person was denied AIP on account that he/she continued working past IEC visa date thinking she/he is on "implied status" to continue working.

Screech339

lovekid

Oct 25, 2013
T.
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
September, 2013
Thank you so much for your replies CANUSA31 and screech339.

"Stop working" sounds very depressing for me. I will go crazy sitting at home :-\

thatgirl123

Star Member
Dec 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 30, 2012
I was checking daily too.....and infact almost missed it because it didn't come from "CIC" the sender was marker "CPCV" so I almost deleted it as spam!! lol

colivia said:
Line.a you're not the only one... I check my the email everyday including the junk folder!
on top of that I'm on ecas at least once every week to make sure I haven't miss anything ;D

good to see they're moving to the 2013 applications!!