20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Jamesdavid3 said:
So I guess most of us here with get this new Conditional PR status for 2 years until we can get our Full PR because of the stupid new rule.

What happens within these 2 years when we are under Conditional PR? Do we keep having to inform the CIC if we move or change address?
You don't have to do anything at all. The only time it becomes an issue is if you are living apart or the relationship breaks down (going through separation or divorce).

When the relationship breaks down, then the onus is on the sponsor to inform CIC of the break down and CIC will take it from there.

The revoking of PR due to living apart would be harder to enforce as there is little proof except filing income taxes in separate addresses.

In your case, you don't have to do anything. CIC will not care where you move. The only trigger is if the sponsor informs them of the breakdown of marriage/common law. So you got nothing to worry about.

Screech339

WeCanadoIt

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
LANDED..........
16-04-2015
Lets do something!!!!!!!

I propose we pick a day (after parliament is back) and make as much noise as we can on that day.

- Send mails to MPs
- Contact Media(CTV,CBC, newpapers, etc..)
- Pick a Hashtag on twitter and get it trending and tweet at appropriate people
- Post to a variety of social media sites(reddit, etc.)
- Flood CIC with calls
- update the petition with a call to action

I feel like this way we will have a much louder voice and if we can get even 1 MP to mention it or a tv station to pick it up, this could really help.

It would have to be everyone getting involved.

DAY OF ACTION 2014
(maybe the 24th?)

Lemme know what ye think and if you are willing to get involved.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Those that have not yet received PR are simply foreign nationals, without any rights (regarding matters such as this). It would be marginally more effective for the Canadian sponsor to `make some noise'.

FYI, most of what you are proposing has already been discussed here. One member [civic] went as far as to start a petition to bring attention to this debacle.

Unfortunately, it's just a vicious vortex that Inlanders are stuck in right now. No rhyme or reason for it...it's just `what it is'.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ponga said:
Those that have not yet received PR are simply foreign nationals, without any rights (regarding matters such as this). It would be marginally more effective for the Canadian sponsor to `make some noise'.

FYI, most of what you are proposing has already been discussed here. One member [civic] went as far as to start a petition to bring attention to this debacle.

Unfortunately, it's just a vicious vortex that Inlanders are stuck in right now. No rhyme or reason for it...it's just `what it is'.
It will of course be an action of sponsors and foreign spouses altogether. This ridiculous delay is affecting Canadian families, many of Canadian children.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
civic said:
It will of course be an action of sponsors and foreign spouses altogether. This ridiculous delay is affecting Canadian families, many of Canadian children.
Just curious as to just how many of them you think have Canadian children. Yes there are some that have Canadian children but does not fit in the category of "many of Canadian children". A huge majority of the PR spousal sponsorships are likely to be newlyweds.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
Just curious as to just how many of them you think have Canadian children. Yes there are some that have Canadian children but does not fit in the category of "many of Canadian children". A huge majority of the PR spousal sponsorships are likely to be newlyweds.
Congrats in your successful landing. Now support us, or step aside, kindly let us do whatever we can to get to where you are now.

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
civic said:
Congrats in your successful landing. Now support us, or step aside, kindly let us do whatever we can to get to where you are now.
Please don't be so brash. I appreciate you wanting to see things done, and I understand your passion to join people together to fight for a cause. BUT...please do not insult those that have given a lot of us so much help. Screech339, though sometimes very direct, has been helpful to many people on this forum, even though he's already moved on and wasn't even part of our timeline. We need all the help from each other as we can, don't make others feel like their support isn't wanted. It may not be the kind of support YOU want, but it is support to others nonetheless. :)

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Daizey said:
Please don't be so brash. I appreciate you wanting to see things done, and I understand your passion to join people together to fight for a cause. BUT...please do not insult those that have given a lot of us so much help. Screech339, though sometimes very direct, has been helpful to many people on this forum, even though he's already moved on and wasn't even part of our timeline. We need all the help from each other as we can, don't make others feel like their support isn't wanted. It may not be the kind of support YOU want, but it is support to others nonetheless. :)
I appreciate his supports in the matters he has experiences. For this kind of delay, nobody understand why, including him. I personally think it will be more supportive of him to stop putting blocks ahead of us. Everything we do might work or might not work, but we have no option. He can move on with his life now, many don't. Many are living with lost status, with due pregnancy, with financial hardship. It is more important now to focus on how to send stronger message to government, rather than trying to correct the mistakes here and there between us.

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
civic said:
I am in
Let me deal with the media if you guys ok with that.
We can make some drafts; one addressed to media representatives, another for MPs and third one for PM and Immigration minister.
Media like detailed messages, so we can take some stories to them, the heart breaking ones : the ones who will give births and they aren't covered, also for the families lives with one income; depression and anxiety comes because of that.
For MPs stories specially the liberals to urge them to make some actions, just to ask CIC to perform their job in reasonable time .
Finally drafts to PM and CIC head Minister asking them,politely,to process our application in proper time and stop backlogging us in favor of processing citizenship applications.
At least they are working and being covered where we don't have any of these privileges.
That's my thought.

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
civic said:
I appreciate his supports in the matters he has experiences. For this kind of delay, nobody understand why, including him. I personally think it will be more supportive of him to stop putting blocks ahead of us. Everything we do might work or might not work, but we have no option. He can move on with his life now, many don't. Many are living with lost status, with due pregnancy, with financial hardship. It is more important now to focus on how to send stronger message to government, rather than trying to correct the mistakes here and there between us.
I know you want to focus all of our efforts into contacting government, but regardless there are other things that need to be dealt with. Focus on things we can change, without starting a "riot" of sorts. Helping each other find patience, and understanding of what this process is and what to expect...that is what this forum is for. If others want this to purely be about leading the charge against the government, that's fine...but just understand not everyone is willing to follow, and still need help with other parts of this process.

On a side note, I really miss Harmin, he was always so positive and hopeful...even with all his silly emoticons!

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got GCMS record for my spouse today. We got AOR on Aug 7. We requested GCMS on Aug 15 and it seems that as soon as AOR is issued, the file is created and checked. No mention of bring forward date. Everything is mostly blank.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
civic said:
I got GCMS record for my spouse today. We got AOR on Aug 7. We requested GCMS on Aug 15 and it seems that as soon as AOR is issued, the file is created and checked. No mention of bring forward date. Everything is mostly blank.
Not surprising considering you only filed your application 5 months ago and haven't gotten to AIP stage yet. Right now it's unfortunately another 7-8 months away. A lot of people who applied for GCMS not long after getting AOR stage tends to get nothing but a blank sheet of info. You will only see what is written on your file as what the agents wrote at the time. I think you would get more success in getting anything on your file as you get closer to AIP stage.

Screech339