03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
Princess029 said:
It's another week hoping for the best this week. So I decided to call CIC just fee minutes ago and I was able to talked to a nice lady agent. I asked her if she could look up what's the status of my application and she did looked at it. And she asked me if I have the first stage approval because its passed 11 months now.And I just pretend I'm smiling assuming she's in front of me talking and I said I haven't received anything from CIC at all except my AOR . And then she said just give us couple of days it's just a little bit delayed and again she said if I don't hear anything on Friday give them a call back. I don't know..Greer
But IL give her credit for her effort.
*sigh* This just goes to show how the CIC call center agents have NO idea what's going on. My husband called earlier this month after we had passed the 11 month mark, and that agent just pretty much told him, "it could be 2 days, 2 weeks, 2 months, we have no idea. We have to go by the date we're working with on the website, and that's still in July. If we show that we're working past the date you have filed and you haven't heard anything, then give us a call back." I do feel bad for the call center agents though, they've had to deal with probably thousands of people getting frustrated with them having no information, when it's the departments fault. Having had call center experience myself, it always is the worst spot to be in. I wish they would at least get their stories straight so that they all tell us the same dismissive answer. I hate to tell ya, but calling back if you haven't heard by Friday isn't going to do much. We have to wait until it actually passes the date it shows on their website, and that has been stuck in July for what feels like forever! :(

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
Give her credit? Are you serious? :eek: :p
I am sorry for saying this, but I wouldn't believe a single word CIC call center agents say no matter they are nice or not nice. They have no idea what they are talking about.
I called couple of times myself long time ago, and i no longer bother wasting my precious time to call them, put on hold for 30 minutes and talk to the useless call agents.
Just like in your case, if your application was received in Aug 23rd, 2013, then there are quite a few applicants waiting in front of you.
Even their website says they are currently working on July 26 applications (although it hasn't been updated for a while)
So either that call agent had no idea what she was talking about or she was just trying to comfort you, hang up and and get to the next call.
My best advice for you: Just keep coming into this forum and see how things go. That's the best feel you can get when you will get your AIP.

Princess029 said:
It's another week hoping for the best this week. So I decided to call CIC just fee minutes ago and I was able to talked to a nice lady agent. I asked her if she could look up what's the status of my application and she did looked at it. And she asked me if I have the first stage approval because its passed 11 months now.And I just pretend I'm smiling assuming she's in front of me talking and I said I haven't received anything from CIC at all except my AOR . And then she said just give us couple of days it's just a little bit delayed and again she said if I don't hear anything on Friday give them a call back. I don't know..Greer
But IL give her credit for her effort.

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
JohnnyP said:
My best advice for you: Just keep coming into this forum and see how things go. That's the best feel you can get when you will get your AIP.
Totally agree with this comment. Don't even bother calling CIC, checking with us on the forums pretty much will let you know where we all are on progress. From following the forums, I know we still have a few people that filed in July that haven't received anything yet, so August isn't even in the picture as of right now.

ting0916

Jul 21, 2014
Hi All,

Please I need your help...
I wanna check the most updated stutas(timeline) for the Common-law sponsorship (within Canada) now....I ( PR since 2012) am sponsoring my boyfriend who holds a student visa, this is our status posted on CIC:
Sponsorship
1.We received your application to sponsor (NAME)on November 28, 2013.
2.We started processing your application on January 3, 2014.
Permanent Residence
1.We received (NAME)'s application for permanent residence on November 28, 2013.

I check the processing time on CIC, it shows that they start working on application receive on July 26. Does anyone is applying or also waiting for Common law sponsorship(within Canada) application ??Anyone know how far they are right now??

We are so worried because he just got his entry visa(not syudy permit) declined, is it gonna affect the sponsorship application??

Your help is appreciated, Thanks a lot!!!

Ting

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
September 15, 2013/ Start pocessing
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
Johnny, I understand that there are still few people ahead of me and just so you know I wished all of us are done by now, but this is the Second time I phoned them. The first time I did the lady was not being helpful at all. But this time, she did something for me to checked my status. I'm not saying I'm giving her credit of What she did but I'm giving her credit of being nice to me. But you telling me to hang up on her? No, I can't be mean to anyone who is trying to be nice with me. I'm very disappointed and frustrated all these but I have to remain calm. That's all.

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
The timeline is the same for spouse and common-law. At the current rate, you will probably get your AIP around December if your application has no issues.

I don't know for sure, but I don't think the declination has any effect on the PR application. However, if your application is not approved for any reason, he would be living illegally from that moment. Were you guys provided any reason why the study permit was declined?

ting0916 said:
Hi All,

Please I need your help...
I wanna check the most updated stutas(timeline) for the Common-law sponsorship (within Canada) now....I ( PR since 2012) am sponsoring my boyfriend who holds a student visa, this is our status posted on CIC:
Sponsorship
1.We received your application to sponsor (NAME)on November 28, 2013.
2.We started processing your application on January 3, 2014.
Permanent Residence
1.We received (NAME)'s application for permanent residence on November 28, 2013.

I check the processing time on CIC, it shows that they start working on application receive on July 26. Does anyone is applying or also waiting for Common law sponsorship(within Canada) application ??Anyone know how far they are right now??

We are so worried because he just got his entry visa(not syudy permit) declined, is it gonna affect the sponsorship application??

Your help is appreciated, Thanks a lot!!!

Ting

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
Hi Princess. Please don't get me wrong. I'm not telling you to hang up on her or anything. I am just "suggesting" not to waste your time calling CIC to find out what's going on with your application. They are NOT the processing agent. They look up your application in their system and they probably see exactly the same thing you will see if you look up your status on CIC website. They just follow the manual guide that shows on the screen when phone call comes in. Some agents are nicer than others, but at the end, they are just 'call agents'. BUT it's totally up to you. You are free to do whatever you want to do, right?

You will know your time is coming when I get my sponsorship approval because I am a little ahead of you. :p :p
My wife has been asking me almost everyday when she would be getting her AIP and PR since February. So, I am as much annoyed and frustrated as you are by this long process. Just look at me. I am supposed to focus on my work, but I check this forum every 10 minutes.

Princess029 said:
Johnny, I understand that there are still few people ahead of me and just so you know I wished all of us are done by now, but this is the Second time I phoned them. The first time I did the lady was not being helpful at all. But this time, she did something for me to checked my status. I'm not saying I'm giving her credit of What she did but I'm giving her credit of being nice to me. But you telling me to hang up on her? No, I can't be mean to anyone who is trying to be nice with me. I'm very disappointed and frustrated all these but I have to remain calm. That's all.

MiriMinBC

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Hello everyone! New member with probably not a new question/concern.

My husband is sponsoring me as an inland applicant here in BC. I am from the US. Anyway our application was submitted in May 2013 and in March 2014 we received emails telling me to get my medical exam. I had already submitted my FBI fingerprint report thing. Then we received another email saying they needed some additional information. More photos, and a story timeline of our relationship. We met while playing World of Warcraft so maybe a relationship that started on an online game was odd to them. :D

We submitted the information right away and I had my medical exam done right away.

Now end of July, still no new news, no AIP. I called the call centre at the start of July and they said to phone back end of July if I had no email or physical mail from them. So I called back today and still no new information.

My question is this. When you have to supply additional documents or information does it re-start the process?? Am I looking at another 8+ months until I receive my AIP (assuming I get one)?

Thanks in advance!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MiriMinBC said:
My question is this. When you have to supply additional documents or information does it re-start the process?? Am I looking at another 8+ months until I receive my AIP (assuming I get one)?

Thanks in advance!
No, it does not re-start the process. Hopefully, you will hear something any day now.

Good luck!

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
Hi Johnny, ugh no kidding same here my husband has been asking me the same thing. But yeah I guess we will just wait till it comes. I just hope sooner.

RRSweet

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
sent with app
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
AIP: August 8, 2014 OWP Received August 15, 2014 Decision Made: Jan. 26, 2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2015
GatorSPO said:
OWP arrived in today's mail, so now just waiting for the landing letter

yay to income! Good luck Gator! !!

lounge

Star Member
May 19, 2014
Thanks all, i really appreciate. Am sending my inland apps soonest, still waiting for pcc from home, i have about 50 copies of engagement pics, 50 copies of traditional/customary pics, 50 Pics of white wedding pics and 50 pics of reception pics, am i ok with this as part of the proof or need to add more pics.
Thanks all

MiriMinBC

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Ponga said:
No, it does not re-start the process. Hopefully, you will hear something any day now.

Good luck!
Gosh, I hope so!! I felt so bad calling the call centre. I don't want them to think I'm a bother!

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
I agree Daizey, we are stuck in July and I guess we really have to wait. I just need to get a.different job but I can't since there is no OWP yet.

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
JohnnyP said:
You will know your time is coming when I get my sponsorship approval because I am a little ahead of you. :p :p
My wife has been asking me almost everyday when she would be getting her AIP and PR since February. So, I am as much annoyed and frustrated as you are by this long process. Just look at me. I am supposed to focus on my work, but I check this forum every 10 minutes.
Lol...me too Johnny....at work and always here hitting refresh :p

Everytime the boss schedules a meeting I'm scared they are going to comment on my internet usage....lol