Passport Req..
OWP: Feb 13, 14
VISA ISSUED...
DM: May 19, 15
LANDED..........
Landing: TBA
ACS said:
Felicidades Cirene! 

I have a question about some of their questions at the Landing Interview for anyone who knows.

For “Have you ever been refused admission to Canada or required to leave Canada?” My husband didn't get the first Visitor's Visa he applied for. So I believe that would be a “Yes”? Is that going to affect anything?? All the details of the refused Visitor Visa were included in our PR application...
And we DO have dependents...our son....but I can't see that that would matter.

And for “Is this your first time being a sponsor?” For me, I sponsored my ex husband, but withdrew the application before he was approved. This info is also included in our PR application. So I suppose my answer for this must be “No”.....

Will this cause a problem when landing? I would assume if we get our PR approved, they will already be aware of these since the info was included in our application...

*worried*
For “Have you ever been refused admission to Canada or required to leave Canada?”, it means even you are holding visa-exempt password or with valid visa, the border officers refuse to let you in. So got rejected in obtaining visitor visa is really no big deals. : )

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
RRSweet said:
Really hoping for people to hear today, or I hope people are actually hearing and receiving AIP, but are just not on this forum. A BIG update would be nice, seeing that they have only moved 13 days in the past 7 weeks! ??? What exactly were they doing before when they were jumping ahead 1 month every Thursday?::) We need CPC-M to get on that roll !!!
I agree 100%. It was sooo beautiful to see it jumping up 1 month every week!!!!!!

I have been hitting refresh on the processing time page all morning....lol

*fingers crossed*

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Mocha7 said:
For “Have you ever been refused admission to Canada or required to leave Canada?”, it means even you are holding visa-exempt password or with valid visa, the border officers refuse to let you in. So got rejected in obtaining visitor visa is really no big deals. : )
Thanks so much Mocha. One relief at least...lol :)

*Thumbs up!*

bruneian

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
PCC waived, Fingerprints 06/02/14
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 2, 2014 (AIP)
AOR Received.
Aug 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
July 15, 2014 in Edmonton
If its anything past july 10th I am ready to give the call center a welcoming call :p

jayshe25

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville,AB Transfer to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
File Transfer...
01-03-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
March 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 16, 2015
LANDED..........
March 16, 2015
Hello my 8th month will be on April 8, I'm excited and looking forward on receiving any news anytime this month :) this has been a ling journey for me, I'm excited to received my open work permit and find a job already :) wish me luck :)

rvaburay84

Mar 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 8, 2013
AOR Received.
Sep 9, 2013
Me too, jayshe25 ! My application was received on August 8, 2013 and started to be processed on September 3, 2013. I hope to get my OPW soon as I am already participating in some recruitment processes !!! Luck for us !!!! Cheers !

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
cpc-v to cpc-m on 03/03/2014
Med's Done....
June,13/2013 and PCC Feb,3/2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
ACS said:
Felicidades Cirene! 

I have a question about some of their questions at the Landing Interview for anyone who knows.

For “Have you ever been refused admission to Canada or required to leave Canada?” My husband didn't get the first Visitor's Visa he applied for. So I believe that would be a “Yes”? Is that going to affect anything?? All the details of the refused Visitor Visa were included in our PR application...

And for “Is this your first time being a sponsor?” For me, I sponsored my ex husband, but withdrew the application before he was approved. This info is also included in our PR application. So I suppose my answer for this must be “No”.....

Will this cause a problem when landing? I would assume if we get our PR approved, they will already be aware of these since the info was included in our application...

*worried*
That's quite confusing me also ...In that case , i also don't know what u gonna answer to them .....
because if they refused to issued a visitor visa to ur husband before then its consider they don't wanna allow u husband to enter in canada ..... am i right ? THEN WHAT U GONNA ANSWER "YES OR NO"

2nd ...if u sponsor before someone but u withdraw ur application and then sponsor again ur husband again ..its consider 2nd time sponsor .....am i right ? THEN WHAT U GONNA ANSWER "YES OR NO"
Guys if any one know better about this then please give better advise to OP ..I ALSO DON'T KNOW ABOUT IT ....

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, at least one 2013 applicant has received their OWP, only to find out it's invalid:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-t46995.0.html;msg3025434#msg3025434

What a cruel trick CIC! :(

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
bruneian said:
If its anything past july 10th I am ready to give the call center a welcoming call :p
Well ..we r waiting for ur updates ...Good Luck and God Bless all of us

sage81

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC V to CPC M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
04-10-2013
jayshe25 said:
Hello my 8th month will be on April 8, I'm excited and looking forward on receiving any news anytime this month :) this has been a ling journey for me, I'm excited to received my open work permit and find a job already :) wish me luck :)
[/quote

Hey 8 months by my calculation and base on your application received date should be march 8th though

bruneian

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
PCC waived, Fingerprints 06/02/14
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 2, 2014 (AIP)
AOR Received.
Aug 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
July 15, 2014 in Edmonton
sage81 said:
jayshe25 said:
Hey 8 months by my calculation and base on your application received date should be march 8th though
No jayshe is right. My 8 month mark was march 10th but that seemed like a long time ago so that "8 month" is inaccurate (look at my signature, ive been waiting for 8 month 3 weeks+ now...)

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
Ponga said:
Well, at least one 2013 applicant has received their OWP, only to find out it's invalid:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-t46995.0.html;msg3025434#msg3025434

What a cruel trick CIC! :(
Ponga..my bro ...I am feeling CIC officer going through big transfer mess and they have no idea what they r doing and what they need to do in this kind of situation .....My lawyer called them almost 2 weeks ago to check about my additional documents and PCC and he got surprised by CIC agent by telling him about my first stage approval and working on second stage ...EVEN my lawyer didn't ask about that and until now i didn't received any AIP email also ... ???

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
frenchwapiti said:
Ohhhh Cirene, what a wonderfull post!! i am really happy with you and your husband. congratulations my dear!!! Enjoy your new life in Canada, you deserve it. Sooooo happy for you both, thank you for sharing this wonderful moment with us. good luck for you both and a happy future in Canada :)
Thank you for your kind words frenchwapiti :) It will come for you too and it feels amazing!

Jamesdavid3 said:
Congrats, I am very glad it went so well.

But I understand because of the new Rule that you are not a FULL Permanent Resident yet until 2 years later from now as didn't Canada try and stop people from coming over and leaving their partners? how does that work, do you have another interview in 2 years?
Thank you Jamesdavid3! The law only says that after you become a PR you need to stay with your spouse or partner for a minimum of 2 years! There are some special cases, like if you are being neglected or you are in a abusive relationship then you can divorce or separate your spouse/partner without losing the PR.

ACS said:
Felicidades Cirene! 

*worried*
Gracias ACS..

A refused visitors visa is different than "Refused admission to Canada" the second one happens when you arrive to Canada and an officer determinate you are not admissible and sends you back home! So I don't think that's your spouse case and his answer will be - NO - :)

About your dependants: If you listened them when you applied for PR then it should not be a problem :)

If it's your second time being an sponsor, I think you can explain the officer that you withdrew the application before any decisions were taken upon that specific application.. (you can also take your divorce certificate as proof) but you should be fine..

I think you'll get in trouble if you lie (as it is illegal to lie to an officer) but they manage all this information and they just want you to confirm it!! You'll be fine!

Do you have a landing date already ?!

jayshe25

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville,AB Transfer to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
File Transfer...
01-03-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
March 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 16, 2015
LANDED..........
March 16, 2015
Well, i need my owp to be able to find a declare job so i can renew my medicare card coz here in montreal, quebec i have to find an employer to be able to renew my medicare :) medicare is important :)

kaira1

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- VEG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 21, 2013
AOR Received.
July 11, 2013